[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another axe thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: SAW178d.jpg (193 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
SAW178d.jpg
193 KB, 1500x1125
Anyone have a Wetterlings Les Stroud axe?

It seems like a good choice for general camp use. Mid-sized so packable, but still big enough to split wood without a lot of effort. Has a hammer poll.
>>
No. We buy plastic Fiskars axes
>>
File: 2013-34.jpg (390 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
2013-34.jpg
390 KB, 720x480
I wanna buy a wetterlings but no one sells them here in Canada other than some fishy ass canoe companies online store. also julia kalthoff is still the queen of /out/
>>
>>712579
She looks like she's visiting her retarded brother in a mental institution.
>>
>>712608
My peepee moves a little when I see her.
>>
>>712608
fapped to her for many moons
>>
File: my axe.jpg (41 KB, 826x464) Image search: [Google]
my axe.jpg
41 KB, 826x464
>>712579 Helko Ranger
It was on an autumn sale with a free leather sheathe, had to rehang but its a nice boy's axe size with a 2 1/2 lbs head shaped to do both felling and splitting. The red paint has worked out well for easy spotting and safety around the camp. It bites deep and splits logs with a foot diameter in one fell swoop. When I take the time to tie it down it fits perfectly onto my 70 liter Alpine 3
>>
I bought this for potentially taking out bush.

Overall length 660mm (26 inches).
Weight 1.5kg (3.5lbs)
>Hart's compact steel axe is perfectly suited for outdoor enthusiasts. With a forged steel body ending at the base of the handle and an anti-vibration grip, this lightweight axe is designed to outlast traditional timber handle axes in extreme weather environments. The 600mm length handle and compact axe head provide the perfect balance for effortless repeat cuts, and the nylon belt sheath will protect the axes sharp cutting edge when not in use. Limited Lifetime Warranty.

>Single piece forged steel design
>Face cut-outs prevent jamming
>Lightweight, compact design
>Anti-vibration handle
>Nylon belt sheath included

Good? Bad? Waste of money?
>>
>>712608
>interned/apprenticed at Wetterlings for 3mos
>started working full time after that
>promoted to CEO in her early 20s after only working there for a year

Yup, somebody spent some time on her knees. And they say women have a disadvantage in the workplace.
>>
>>713836
Looks nice! The length is a little confusing to me though, I prefer a larger end knob and more length to get the most leverage and power out of the smaller axe heads. Plus a little more difficult to repair if it bends, traditional axe handles still have appeal because many types of woods are hard as rock but still pliable and giving to the motions, and once they break all you have to do is slap another handle on there and wedge it into place.
>>
>>713839
I think the length is a mid size between hatchet and full size axe to compensate for the overall low weight of the axe and the fairly small head. It still allows you to get a good solid swing to get some power behind it without relying entirely on a big fat head to give that inertia on the end of a light handle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.