[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i get these magpies out of my house?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
How can i get these magpies out of my house?
>>
http://icwdm.org/handbook/birds/Magpies.asp
>>
>>712531
Thats actually a really handy guide! Although i think frightening them would be a bad idea, i dont want them to start swooping aswell
>>
>>712523
Ratshot in a .22
>>
>>712566
I don't think OP wants holes in his tin roof.
>>
Close everything then fill house with gas
>>
>>712523
use a broom you fuckhead
>>
>>712531
Those are northern hemisphere faggot magpies.

OP's magpies are Australian magpies. The real deal.

OP, just leave the door open for a while. They'll leave when they're ready.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AStJr7kUgQw

use this as your template for removing bird
>>
Close everything, then start that barbecue.
>>
File: selleck-jungle-bird-red-ocean.jpg (39 KB, 240x330) Image search: [Google]
selleck-jungle-bird-red-ocean.jpg
39 KB, 240x330
Bring their leader magumpi
>>
>>714312

I don't understand how anybody ever found this this shit funny
>>
>>712523
>File: tmp_9502-20160315_123603-(...).jpg (1.82 MB, 2592x1944)
>>
>>712523

Cool house m8
>>
>>712523
Are pellet guns legal in shitposterland down under?

I used to have some sparrows trying to nest in my garage. I only had to take out 3 or 4 of them and the rest got the message and moved out. You could get a weaker pump gun around 400fps and that way you should at least be able to stun the birds and freak them out but if you miss you shouldn't cause any real damage as long as you don't hit glass.
>>
>>714748
The process by which you can get one is the same by which you can get a real rifle.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>714778
Yeah I thought I remember hearing something like that. That is shitty.

In Illinois (US) where I used to live, you need a FOID cars to buy any air rifle that is larger than .177 cal (regular BB and pellet size) and shoots over 700fps so it is basically the same process as buying a real rifle. But my 1000fps .177cal pellet gun just required me to be 18 years old to buy it.

In Florida where I am now, I can buy any pellet gun without a FOID card. .22cal and 1200fps and I would be fine. At that size and speed, I think they are more powerful than .22 short rifle rounds.
>>
>>712523

>house

Not living in a shed would be a good start
>>
>>712523
Did you try asking them nicely?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.