[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where can I go camping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Relatively new to going /out/ but have been a boy scout and have a lot of hiking experience. I live in NE Ohio and my question is: where can I go camping? Preferably off trail and not in a campsite?
>>
Google search it. National forest service provides good information about their land.
>>
So I can camp anywhere in a national forest?...It doesn't have to be on a designated campground?
>>
>>710711

Forest no. Parks I believe they want you to. I've tried making a campsite in a state park and a Ranger came by asking me to move to a designated campsite. Dunno about National Parks. But National Forests are fine. I grew up on land adjacent to one and always built random shit up there. Never even ran into another person besides some stoner looking guy carrying a pellet gun. I was 12 and he asked if I had a lighter. He was probably 16-7 years old smoking cigarettes like a faggot.
>>
>>710711
It's called dispersed camping and it's free on the vast majority of NF land.

Just make sure you're not obstructing any roads or trails, observe any burn bans that may be in effect, pack out all your trash and don't stay in the same place for more than two weeks.
>>
you can camp anywhere as long as you dont get caught by the law or robbed/raped/murdered by a durggie hobo
>>
Canabro here
If you have the means to travel up here, our new PM just announced that for all of 2017 (Canada's 150th birthday) every national park will be open and free to everyone.
>>
>>710769

My state requires you to get a temporary permit for dispersed camping, but it's free. It helps the Forest Rangers to help you in the event of an emergency like wildland fires, floods, and searches. It's not really enforced though unless a Ranger is being a dick if he ever happens to come across you. I only bother getting one when I solo camp.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.