[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vagabond general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: into-the-wild.jpg (84 KB, 850x568) Image search: [Google]
into-the-wild.jpg
84 KB, 850x568
A safe haven for all (soon to be) homeless, hobos, tramps, hitchhikers, trainhoppers.
>>
File: 1456242292500.jpg (95 KB, 605x550) Image search: [Google]
1456242292500.jpg
95 KB, 605x550
/scum of the earth general/

ftfy
>>
safe haven? you know what board you're on?
>>
File: WP_000585.jpg (804 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
WP_000585.jpg
804 KB, 2592x1944
welp hey there OP
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 758x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 758x758
My wife is about to divorce my ass and take the kids (two border collies) from e forever. I'm planning on living in my car for a year and save up enough dosh to live the rest of my days out of a backpack and tent. Any suggestions to where I should move to be comfortably homeless?
>>
>>710782
>comfortably homeless
Umm... What? The only way that makes sense is if you move to wherever has the cheapest and best heroin.
>>
>>710782
yeah buddy. you need to go west. montana/washington. 4.5 years and counting ama.
>>
File: IMAG0582.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0582.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
>>710783
>>
>>710800
What's hanging off to the right above your backpack?
>>
>>710806
it's the bag for the shitty hammock
>>
>>710792
Where do you sleep?
>>
>>710816
pretty much anywhere. i usually go off into some woods because my dog will bark if people are near me.
>>
>>710817
Do you take advantage of soup kitchens, how about dumpster diving?

Do you sleep in abandoned structures? Are you truly out there, or do you have a family home you can go back to if you really run out of money or need a base to fall back on?
>>
>>710825
>soup kitchens
nah
>trash
yes.
>abandoned structures
sometimes if i really needed to, but not lately. i have a couple vehicles and i camp. when i was on foot i avoided most shitty buildings after my dog stepped on some glass. not worth it just to be inside. fuck inside.
i'm out. no ties, nothin for me anywhere in the country.
>>
>>710809
For some reason I thought it was your doggo but a tiny doggo, and you were warming him up over the fire
>>
File: IMAG0594.jpg (786 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0594.jpg
786 KB, 1520x2688
>>710828
nice
>>
>>710378
Sup. I'm leaving to hike the PCT pretty soon here and won't have income or responsibilities to come back to afterward, so I'm planning on tramping around for a few years. Not sure if that makes me soon to be homeless or not.
>>
File: IMAG0712.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0712.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>
File: 20160309_160846.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160309_160846.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Comfortably homeless is possible if you're smart and don't need too many comforts.
My main concern when finding places are accessibility, I need to be able to get in and out, and others shouldn't be in there at all. This can entrail you to do one of a few things. 1) change the lock to the building if there's doors 2) have a window open that only you know is open 3) be in a hidden spot where no one will find you.
There's two reasons that access is crucial for me, first is that I like to be in the city, so finding spots downtown where I can go to supermarkets for dumpsterdiving, libraries for shelter, warmth and entertainment and so on. Second part is that in cities there's urban explores, some are kids wanting to sign the walls, others are hobos looking for shelter or if he knows you're there he might want your stuff. Besides that there's scroundels that'll might want to kick you around for their amusement. That's the reason you'll want to take your precautions of entry when squatting in the cities.

All that being said finding places isn't that hard. If you do have the chance though scout out places, come back there a few times in a month, or if you hit the road check up on it on return and like this you'll know what's going on in the building. Some squats in europe are actual resident homes with electricity and water where people have lived for long periods of time. When there's no interest from owner to evict you, sometimes you can make long lasting homes. There is though always the chance of eviction which could end up in you loosing your home with the same end result as a fire, though without the ensurance.

Most places are safe for an overnight, but if you plan leaving your backpack and run off to the town or be it further exploring or dumpsterdiving you need to have a fair idea of what the building is used for. Maybe you'll find places where skaters, or youth goes to hang out, or worse like junkies might be using the place to crash when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: 20160307_212620.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160307_212620.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
cont.
There's a thing with squatting laws in the US that I am not aquainted with, so for eviction laws, trespassing, property rules and all that, well get some advice elsewhere. Don't go on someones property if he'll shoot you, that might get you killed.
Honestly I'm glad there's not so many weapons here in europe, because I'd be fuckig scared of getting shot.
Some of the best places to squat are abandoned places, could be due to bankruptcy or families just leaving for greener hills and forgetting about their old houses. In recently abandoned buildigs you'll find the most comfort and safety, if you can by chance find a way in without upsetting alarms and learn the guards schedule so you don't come bonging home with your dumpsterdived goodie bag to find a mad dog ready to bite your balls upon returning you'll be set for good.
In this scenario you're playing it like a boss - nobody else dares enter the building. The only thing is that you might get caught in trespassing, if the building is sold or in other ways inspected for building plans or whatever.

A key thing that I try to put in practice when squatting is to not have valuables or investments in it. So only using reclaimed material and furniture, dumpsterdived foods and keeping my cellphone, flashlight and whatever else I'll need if everything else is lost, those I always keep in a daypack for whenever I go out. Also keeping your flashlight with you as you might find places to explore when you are out.

Cooking is another issue, camping stoves with gas is probably the easiest to use if it's a building where you don't want a fire. Ofcourse this you'll be leaving at the squat and shouldn't be high end quality gear, but useful stuff from any army surplus or whereever you get those things cheep and functional. Pic is related, that's my incenerater and mug, just using fireligthers to cook on.
>>
File: 20160216_090701.jpg (630 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160216_090701.jpg
630 KB, 3264x1836
>>710378
Yo dawgs, tourthin here, spent last year hit hiking the USA. I spent most of my time in Co, UT, and CA. Imma do it again this year and do it forever. I need a car though cus it can be physically exhausting and hard to get to remote areas. My main goal this year I to see the high Uintas in Utah.
>>
>>711008
>>711015
Where are you right now? You said youre in europe right?
Have you tried trainhopping? Or do you know if there is a trainhopping scene in europe? Im leaving soon and i definitely wanna hop freight trains but i need someone to show me the ropes first.

>>711031
Thats awesome man. Must be hard to pay for all the gas though, unless you got savings to burn through.

I wish the vagabond community here was as big as the subreddit. Theyre miles ahead of us.
>>
>>711067
I'm in the scandinavian contry Denmark. To answer your question I can tell you that I never did it. I never saw anyone doing it and I never heard about anyone who did it.

That said, I was never into it, looked for it nor asked about it.
>>
What's /out/ opinion on bike travelers? Someone who lives off their bicycles. Traveling across the country just using their bikes.
>>
>>711175
As long as you have the parts and skill to fix your bike
>>
>>711175
I dislike them as people. I think it's a stupid form of transportation as well as it prevent the vast majority of cars on the road from picking you up if you hitchhike.
>>
>>711188
>Stupid form of transportation
>It's free
>It's efficient
>You can carry more that just walking

Why the fuck would you hitchhike if you had a bike anyways?
>>
>>711189

>It's free.
after a large initial investment
>It's efficient.
thanks to the moving parts which also makes it susceptible to breaking especially in the situation we're discussing
>Why would I ride in a car instead?
most roads r made for cars... my idea of enjoying the outdoors is being away from civilization anyway, not riding a bike through it. the roads are just a means to an end.
>>
>>711175
Most of /out/ seems to hate anyone who travels in lieu of work. I (>>710930) have probably overly romanticized the idea, but as long as you enjoy doing it, that's truly all that matters.

-WARNING: EXPLICTLY RELIGIOUS CONTENT-
I'm certain that we were put here to enjoy life, to experience that gift of nature that was given to us. It talks a lot in the old testament about how the people living in cities were lost, and the wanderers were the chosen people. Even Jesus quit his job to wander the country side and fish.

Money is a corrupting force, and I've generally found that the less I rely on it, the happier I am.
>>
>>711196
>-WARNING: EXPLICTLY RELIGIOUS CONTENT-
you can't just trigger warning on 4chan, bro
>>
>>711194
>thanks to the moving parts which also makes it susceptible to breaking especially in the situation we're discussing

If you live your life if fear of shit breaking down then you won't and can't do anything with it. So you /out/ with nothing? Barenaked? Because everything breaks. If you can't fix simple shit then you should just stay at home.
>>
File: retread.jpg (27 KB, 326x180) Image search: [Google]
retread.jpg
27 KB, 326x180
>>711198
>>
>>711196
I dony believe in god but youre right.
>>
>>711197
Not trying to trigger anyone, hence the warning. If you don't want to read it, you don't have to. It's just a matter of my personal beliefs coinciding with the bible. I think there's a lot of crap in there that isn't true, too; stuff bought and paid for by the major political powers at the time. But the bible is still one of the better historical accounts of early man, interpreted though early understanding of how the world works. Despite whether you believe that Jesus was the son of God or not, he was a brilliant philosopher and professional rubbertramp who believed that people put too much importance on money when God (or nature) gives us everything we need.
>>
>>711214
I don't mean to trigger your faggot feelings but this is not tumblr
>>
File: MelissaFB[1].jpg (90 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
MelissaFB[1].jpg
90 KB, 1200x628
>>711216
>>
>>711196
>>711214
you stated uncontroversial personal beliefs and a statement of fact. whether or not the old testament is true or not, the fact that it states what you said is irrefutable.

you seem smart from the way you worded your post, stop pandering to the sjw's who cry at everything. without the trigger warning bs, your post was a perfect example of how to have respectful conversation on the internet
>>
File: 1446499845297[1].jpg (16 KB, 500x170) Image search: [Google]
1446499845297[1].jpg
16 KB, 500x170
>>711226
>>
>>711226
>>711230
Well, thank you.

So, anyone else find themselves not knowing how to handle compliments and agreement on 4chan?
>>
File: 62188816[1].jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
62188816[1].jpg
104 KB, 500x375
>>711237
yeah, it makes me extremely uncomfortable and i'd personally rather be told kill myself.
>>
>>711237
>>711239
Hey guys i just want to let you know that i really enjoy talking to you. Youre great and i wish we could spend more time together. I know we make mean posts at times but to be honest, i love you.
Grouphug?
>>
>>711254
Group hug!

I kinda feel like we should be sitting around a campfire telling stories of our travels and drinking while we wait at the catch-out for a ride onward.
>>
what the fuck is going on itt
>>
>>711300
We're talking the talk and squatting the squat.

You know when you mostly rubbertramping, but you wanna catch some steel to your good spange spot? That's what's going here.
>>
>>711307
so you guys are pretending or what
cuz you aren't talking the talk
an if youre rubber you just drive your ass to the spange
>>
/out/ is by far the most wholesome board...and I love it
>>
>>711311
My rubber has actually been dead for a couple years. I'm planning to leathering down to cali for the next winter and no, I've never spanged. I'm planning on e-busking, because I can't play shit but I'm a decent writer, and while most people won't actually do this sort of thing, lots of people like to read stories about it.
>>
>>711311

yes, this is an rp thread as the actual homeless dudes got kicked out of the library hours ago for stench.

speaking of which...

how do you guys remain presentable physically both on the trail and in civilization? washing yourself in the bathroom sink is hard and washing in a river is a faux pas.
>>
>>711316
>I'm planning on e-busking, because I can't play shit but I'm a decent writer, and while most people won't actually do this sort of thing, lots of people like to read stories about it.
Go on... What site are you using for that?
>>
>>711318
How is washing in the river faux pas? And no you dont have to use soap to clean clothes (or yourself for that matter).
>>
>>711337
>How is washing in the river faux pas?
People just don't seem to like it... And I believe you do need something besides water to clean things regularly. Both for societal and hygienic reasons.
>>
>>711339
Dirty clothes wont kill you. Hitching will probably be easier if you wash your clothes properly but heath wise, water is more than enough.
>>
>>711320
I'm currently pre-writing general articles on blogger to use when I don't have much else going on so I don't have down time. I may end up starting my own site though, so I can have more freedom in layout and advertising. Not that there's anything there yet, but it's somerandomtravelblog.blogspot.com if you want to check it out later. I'll start publishing when I start my PCT hike, and continue it as a hitch-hiking stories and national parks review sort of thing. I don't expect to actually make serious money on it, but if it keeps me fed and on the road I'll be as happy as a buck rabbit on a bunny farm.
>>
>>711353
bookmarked
i hope you get clicks
>>
>>711356
Thanks! Sc/out/s are some of favorite people!
>>
Anyone near flagstaff heading west? Been trying to catch a ride all day with no luck, i look kinda dirty but im not
>>
>>711462
yea lets pick up an anonynous homeless guy from 4chan what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>711471
it could be a cute trap for all you know, retard
>>
>>711462
Isn't it still a bit cold to be hitching in that area?
>>
About to catch out towards Portland this weekend. Any tips?
>>
File: animu laugh.gif (521 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
animu laugh.gif
521 KB, 500x280
>>711214
fuck you fucking faggot, i hope you get raped by an aids dick and die
>>
>>712395
First time? Please dont go alone. Find an experienced rider who will show you how its done. If you go alone you will probably make hobos look stupid by disrespecting the bull or you will die. I fucking hate it when ive been laying low in the yard for hours and some oogle just walks in there with a flashy red REI pack just to get sent back by the bull. I will call you an oogle but others might beat you up or kill you for that shit. Respect the hobo code.
>>
>>7107>>710782
Somewhere swampy
>>
>>710782
dont be such a fucking faggot that you let her have the dogs, steal them if you have to. What the hell man?
>>
>>712707
Did quite a bit of reading and searching so I don't make you guys look bad, but it all directs back to finding someone experienced and not spoiling it for the next guy. Where would you go about finding someone?
>>
>>713169
Look for that Anon's obnoxious ass laying low in the yard? The only place I met somebody willing to teach me how to do it was at a Rainbow Gathering.
>>
>>710782
>comfortably homeless
New Orleans.
>>
>>713169
Where are you right now? Just go to your local yard and look for dirty kids. Just be careful and dont get caught.
>>
>>713397
>look for dirty kids
what if they bully him
>>713169
if they gang up on you pee yourself and start yelling your name over and over again to get them to desist
>>
>>713413
We dont bully for no reason. We accept everyone as long as you behave yourself.
>>
>>710800
Don't mosquitos get you?
>>
File: 02-08-2016 13-00_page_1.jpg (309 KB, 1410x2048) Image search: [Google]
02-08-2016 13-00_page_1.jpg
309 KB, 1410x2048
>>713430
Pretty much this. For the most part, trainhoppers are accepting as long as you're not a fuck. In fact, in my experience they're usually socially awkward loners who just want friends, dosing train hoppers is one of my favorite things. Wish they weren't getting into the hubbas so often.
>>
File: thats-right-just-w3kmzl.jpg (34 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
thats-right-just-w3kmzl.jpg
34 KB, 636x358
>>713413
>>
>>711194
Have you ever even ridden a bike?

They're not mechanically complex machines. I don't know why you'd be more worried about a bike breaking on you than a car.

I've ridden the same shitty Trek bike since I was 8 for 16 years and the only shit I've ever had to do with it was change flat tires, buy new tires when the treads wear out and replace the wheel once in those 16 years. And I've never even done maintenance on it once. Still runs fine.

As long as it's not some shitty 90$ department store bike, it'll practically last forever.
>>
>>713397
Out around union county. Been spending a lot of time around the yard. Can't find anyone. Probably because it's union county
>>
>Have you ever even ridden a bike?
yes
>They're not mechanically complex machines.
relative to boots? yes they are.
>I don't know why you'd be more worried about a bike breaking on you than a car.
i'm not and never said i was. i'd rather travel quickly by car than spend days travelling by bike. you can simultaneously walk and hitchhike through the use of your thumb.

>I've ridden the same shitty Trek bike since I was 8 for 16 years
how many times have you relied on it for transportation on cross-country trips?
>and the only shit I've ever had to do with it was change flat tires, buy new tires when the treads wear out and replace the wheel once in those 16 years.
sounds like you'd be sol if it happened on the highway in a county, let alone a state, you've never been to before
>And I've never even done maintenance on it once. Still runs fine.
so you don't know how to do maintenance on it?

>As long as it's not some shitty 90$ department store bike, it'll practically last forever.
and be more prone to breaking, keep you travelling on the road for longer, and cost you more money than a good pair of boots and your thumb.
>>
>>713609
fuck, meant for
>>713525
stil drunk but coffee helps
>>
>>713169
shit is not rocket science. use google maps to scope out the yard. go in person scope out foliage. find a spot to wait, wait til dark. don't let anyone see you the whole time. ride your train, get off your train, and gtfo. simple. don't ever get on a train with anyone you haven't known for a long time and trust with your life because that's what you're gambling with.
look for tunnels on google maps. don't go through any. just don't. you need to take water to wet your skank in case you get surprised by one. get it wet and press it to your face, try not to breathe too much. you can piss on it too, and don't hesitate because you will fall out and suffocate without it if the tunnel is too long. it doesn't take much.
>>
>>713661
>look for tunnels on google maps. don't go through any. just don't. you need to take water to wet your skank in case you get surprised by one. get it wet and press it to your face, try not to breathe too much. you can piss on it too, and don't hesitate because you will fall out and suffocate without it if the tunnel is too long. it doesn't take much.
this shit right here
this shit is real
train hopping is hardcore, i tell you what
>>
>>713661
>>713662
>people getting into coal cars and buried alive
>people getting dismembered from moving on and off cars
>people getting attacked
jesus, train hoppers
>>
File: kjjjk.png (110 KB, 1048x320) Image search: [Google]
kjjjk.png
110 KB, 1048x320
>>713663
>>
I've been planning to live from my car in a tent tent and travel. But now I don't know. I'm so depressed and I don't think it will solve my problems. But I have nothing else to do in life. I would miss air-conditioner too. Plus I like to have somewhere to go and be alone. A tent won't give me much privacy of people are around, although I'd plan to avoid dense areas, still. Fuck my life
>>
>>713692
>I don't think it will solve my problems.
I don't believe you need to look at this as a solution to a problem ever. It's a bad idea entirely. That being said there are valid reasons to choose to do it.
>>
>>710782
Why u letin her take the dags
>>
>>713661
Thanks anon. Got all those details worked out, but what about when/how to get off the train?
>>
In my northern scandinavian town we have an arab hobo guru hippie who walks around naked in the woods and meditates, he doesnt cut his nails or his hair so he looks like some kind of grudge monster, once when we took our boat to picnic on an island he was already there, he must have swimmed from the mainland or something. crazy motherfucker
>>
>>713692
>Live from my car in my tent
A tent for just you would be smaller and lighter. Your car will be fine sleeping outside.
>>
>>714105
Leaving the car running in your tent is a good way to warm up the tent. The exhaust fumes will keep you nice and warm. Trust me, try it out!
>>
>>714357
This is a good point. Vehicle exhaust will warm up an enclosed space pretty quickly.
>>
>>711196
Did you just put a trigger warning you fucking faggot?
>>
>>710782
Hawai

Google it. Half the hobos have legitimate jobs and live on the beachs because housing is too much. Keep in mind the local gov is playing around with dumping the hobos on a island to hide the from the tourist and rich folk.
>>
>>710792
Do you work for $$$ at all?
>>
>>714414
And as a result, it triggered you and didn't trigger sensible people.

Perfect.
>>
>>714605
i play shows and busk. ive worked plenty before this though
>>
How do own a car and be homeless? Cars have monthly expenses like gas and insurance. How do you pay for that?
>>
>>714621
Well, being homeless doesn't necessarily mean not working. From what I've heard it can be real #worth to be a car bum. You always have a place to sleep. Most cops won't hassle you as long as you keep your papers in order. With a few small investments and maybe a hundred or so bucks a month you can stay on the road and warm even in inclement weather that might kill you if exposed to.
>>
>>714594
no fuck you. there are so many homeless people in hawaii, and they live in fucking tent city downtown. dont make the problem worse.
>>
>>714628
>tent city downtown
never ever
if there's a tent city just start walking away and keep walking
>>
Anyone in Australia have any experience with this? The cities are going to shit.
>>
Are there any remote places in europe where i could live innawoods for decades? Or would i have to go to russia?
>>
File: out.jpg (323 KB, 878x1719) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
323 KB, 878x1719
Had to cap this thread.
>>
>>715052
>dat double post doe
but for real, make sure to get another one when there's a homeless hate thread. that shit is gold.
>>
File: out.jpg (280 KB, 878x1560) Image search: [Google]
out.jpg
280 KB, 878x1560
>>715078
Aw shit, didn't see that.
>>
>>710756
>not /people doing whatever the hell they want because fuck society and bills/
>>
>>714627
Seems like a financial burden to me, I'm not even homeless and i don't own a car because they cost a small fortune in expenses.

I live in town so i just wall where i need to go or ride my bike.
>>
>>715770
same it's just what some guy told me once lol
>>
>>711008
It's ironic. These threads are full of people talking about having "freedom' from material want, then immediately talk about the need to keep other hobos from stealing their stuff.
>>
>>715837
Everyone has at least a few things they need.

But buying essentials isn't the same as buying a new smartphone every month or a new car every year.

It's more about freedom from consumerism than actual possessions.
>>
>>714050
That's pretty awesome, Do you have a picture of him?
>>
>>710782
Outside?
>>
>>711352
Water alone is not going to touch the bacteria that causes clothes to smell like ass.
>>
>>713609
Different anon, but fuck, man, it's a god damned bicycle... You're making it out to be to the equivalent of dragging a server bay with you or some shit.
Growing cross-country with it? Snag a couple panniers and fill em with spare inner-tubes, tools and a spare chain. Done.
Don't like roads? You can ride bikes off-road. Done.
But whatever, it's your life, man. Best of luck with your adventures, but I can see why the lawyers sided with ya wife...
>>
>>710378
Christ asked the same thing, OP. And people undoubtedly asked long before, as well.

And the answer is and always has been: nowhere.
>>
It's safer to live in city or in wild?
>>
has anyone ever gone deep innawoods and squatted on state/crown land and built a permenant structure and planted a garden?
>>
>>715837
How dense must one person be to not understand the difference between consumerism and protection of the most basic goods you need to survive
>>
>>715962
OP didnt ask anything.
>>
>>716051
yes
>>
File: Wat-Meme-Tumblr-02.jpg (47 KB, 720x481) Image search: [Google]
Wat-Meme-Tumblr-02.jpg
47 KB, 720x481
>>715962
>>
File: IMG_20160209_114255042.jpg (1 MB, 2912x344) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160209_114255042.jpg
1 MB, 2912x344
>my camp in Tucson a few weeks ago during the gem show
Also
>people getting tricked into the fear based mentality
Sorry senpai
>>
File: IMG_20160121_074110364.jpg (727 KB, 2744x408) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_074110364.jpg
727 KB, 2744x408
>>716048
Depends on a lot of things. When I look for a squatspot I try to find a healthy balance between the "downtown doing Crack behind this shopping cart mess in the doorway" and the "homebum permanent bumsquat setup innaqoods x miles outta town"

But it also depends on what you're going for. I like to stealth camp and keep going, rarely sleeping in the same spot multiple nights in a row. If I do have a common camp spot in a city, I don't leave things at it when I go. If you're the kind of person who wants to setup and live quietly and have a camp where you have tons of shit(homebum), you'd have to commit to an extremely bum lifestyle to do it in the city or you'd have to be familiar enough with the lifestyle to sufficiently immerse yourself. We're talking walking around weird spots in the city looking for squats, knowing the camp spots in the parks and if they're worth it, understanding the street scene and the politics for the city or neighborhood you're in, knowing how to interact with vagabonds and homeless and addicts and wingnuts. It's fun, but it gets weird quick and some junkie could always be rifling through your shit back in the squat a few blocks over.

Being away from a city or large town you might find it easier on your psyche to find a camp and leave your things in it, but there's also the added factor that the local populace isn't as exposed to vagabonds or homeless. Plus your situation might cause you to rely on your fellow man more than you do presently and being in the boonies might cause problems ie panhandling in a small town, dumpsters to dive

As your attorney, I'd advise you to please reconsider your wish to become a homebum and instead invest yourself in vagabonding. You will be much more fulfilled that way than you would attempting to embellish the neet life while homeless.

However, if you can't be reasoned with, I could break it down to you and give you a step by step analysis on how to homebum comfortably?

>bumsquat in quartzite
>>
File: Seinfeld_s6e15.jpg (23 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
Seinfeld_s6e15.jpg
23 KB, 544x400
>>715962
Then it's the world's first!
>>
>>715952
get your fucking bike off the trail, faggot
>>
>>716410
>a step by step analysis on how to homebum
nah, man... talk about vagabonding instead. being a homebum sounds like /trash/ and not even /out/. ideally i'd like to be hitchhiking from national forest to national forest and making the best of a bad situation. i don't know how feasible that is though. i know any sort of outreach help you're going to find will be in the cities. is it just a matter of making enough money/doing what you gotta do to keep food in your belly and then experiencing the great outdoors? what do you do if you have a gear problem?
>>
>>716070
Not dense at all. The difference between, "consumerism and protection of the most basic goods you need to survive," is quantitative and not qualitative. The justification by both parties is that they are just getting things they 'need' based on personal perceptions; it just that one party finds the other party's 'needs' to be unnecessary by their own personal metric.

The 18th reply in this thread (>>711008) talks about being comfortably homeless (which is freedom from responsibility and material accumulation, then immediately suggests putting locks on another person's building doors to thwart other people "looking for shelter" or to stop other people that "might want your stuff."

It's the sheer hypocrisy of taking other people's stuff withou compensation, and then trying to stop someone else from doing the same. It's the 'don't sponge off me as I sponge off others' attitude that is fairly galling. Be intellectually honest with yourself, If it's okay for you to take or use somebody's stuff because they're not around, it should also be okay for someone to do the same to you.
>>
>>716410
Vagabonding seems way better than just sitting in one place, I was asking more about where to sleep/spend most of time. I'm asking because cities tends to be full of thungs and shit like this, while in forest you have to deal with animals and weather.
>>
File: 14253327691450.jpg (204 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14253327691450.jpg
204 KB, 1024x579
>>716433
>>716679
Cool, I hate explaining how to homebum, makes me feel weird for telling someone how to be a boring fuck. Homebums aren't necessarily /trash/ and often the native bums are a good source of information regarding the city/town you're in.

My sleep spots vary greatly. I'll just break it down to you as if I were traveling somewhere and you can ask questions where you'd like. There's a lot of factors in the lifestyle I don't mention and can get into, like image management, which plays an extremely important roll.

Assuming I know nothing about the town I'm about to be dropped off in, the first thing I do it analyze the scene in the town as I'm riding in. Are there panhandlers at the exit? Do they sometimes see homeless or vagabonds in this town? Where's a large grocery store or convinence stores? Is it going to rain? Where are the parks at?

Once I've assessed these things, usually happens before I even get dropped off if the person I'm caught a ride with is talkative, I'll just start walking towards where the next hitch spot is. If it's raining or about to rain or I'm tired and don't care I'll defer to the first doorway I can find that seems reasonable-assuming the town is at least apathetic towards homeless. Things that make a doorway reasonable; Does the business open early? Are there no trespassing signs in the doorway? Will the overhang ensure I stay dry if the rain blows hard? How visible am I from the sidewalk/road, and if I am visible am I positive I'll go undisturbed by both a random fuck who hates bums or an opportunistic junkie? If I do sleep there, I'll get up usually an hour or more before the business opens to pack up and be gone.

If the town is too small for my liking and high visibility isn't favored, or I want to relax a little or sometimes sleep in and the weather is good, I might pick a park to try to sleep in. Like the doorway, many factors go into picking my spot if it's in a park.

>cont
>bumsquat I homebummed it in, Seattle
>>
>>716732
hah, yeah, i wasn't calling homebums /trash/.
i just meant that relative to camping, sleeping in a city is a burden rather than a pleasure imho.
>>
>>716743
>sleeping in a city is a burden rather than a pleasure imho.
I think so as well. Weather and animals (as long as these aren't wolves or bears) aren't that bad as bunch of thugs ambushing you at night.
>>
File: 14401138806190.jpg (209 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14401138806190.jpg
209 KB, 1024x768
>>716679
>>716433

>parks cont
There's generally two different main park scenarios-little park in town or sprawling park on the edge. I'll try to cover both. For an added lense, what I say for small parks in town also basically applies to undeveloped areas, properties for sale, alleyways that are essentially woods, and other places 'inbetween'.

>small park in town
What kind of neighborhood is the park in? Do homeless hang out there during the day? Do joggers come through early in the morning? If weather strikes, do you have a spot to go to stay dry? Does your flashlight work? Does your flashlight have a red light? (I can't stand lighting myself or my camp up) Foliage to camp in/behind and have some privacy? Are there sprinklers around to JUST your shit up early in the morning? Are you comfortable with fighting off ten raccoons at 3 in the morning who want your snickers bar your forgot you had? Okay, that only happened once in Golden Gate but I was only sleeping there for some friends.

I usually get up early in small parks that I'm just laying in. I forgot to mention most of the time I'm just laying out, I have two tarps and one hardly ever gets used. This is another factor that goes into my sleeping situations that might not feel comfortable in yours.

>big park
These places usually you can get away with setting up a tarp or tent situation but I've never used a tent while backpacking. Stealth camping is great. Tarps can be setup against a fence to give you pretty good coverage in a storm if you need to hunker down, and in worst case, you can always buritto tarp to save your ass. You can't burrito tent-in fact, this one time in Santa Monica I was traveling with 5 friends, all streetkids, in this tiny truck. We three singles were just sleeping outside the truck while the couple slept inside. I burrito tarped, my other friend tried to burrito tent and our third friend just walked to find a doorway.

>cont
>unrelated friend in Colorado while hitching
>>
File: 14584176022491.jpg (69 KB, 1024x94) Image search: [Google]
14584176022491.jpg
69 KB, 1024x94
>>716743
You're correct, but I personally find it not to be worth it sometimes to go so far just to sleep if I'm passing throuh.

>contact story and parks
That night it rained the hardest I'd ever experienced while burrito tarped. I wound up relatively dry at the core and curled up in the fetal positon, my friend who tried to burrito tent wound up soggy lying in a puddle, and our third friend went one blocks over to one block off the boardwalk and found a good doorway, but then some tweaker started bothering him early in the morning so our friend told him to fuck off before he got beat up and our friend later showed up a few hours after we'd all gotten up, dry and cozy. There's a lot of foolish wisdom in this story somehow.

Anyway, sleeping out in parks, there's little to it, except for the idea that if something violent were to occur-tweaker coming through robbing people, there would be less witnesses around to help or witness. Also you will draw attention going to your camp out innawoods, and like I said before, sometimes it's just not worth it.
>>
Who cares if someone is a NEET or a homebum etc. We are all trying to get away from this system in one way or another it's just we approach it in a different way.
>>
>>713055
As someone who had just put down his /out/ buddy of 11 years last week. I am seconding this.

Your circumstances may change, but your dogbros will stick with you, thick and thin.
>>
>>717080
Well friendo I was just offering my observations, not everyone is trying to 'escape the system'. Often time people leave the 'normal' life and live as a 'bum' but essentially continue trying to live a 'normal' life because they don't know any better or just enjoy it. Not knocking it.
>>
>>717091
Recently deceased dog friend solidarity. It's been a few months since I lost my buddy of ten years. Everything about your life can change/fall apart in that time, but your pup stays with you.
>>
>>716732
>image management
would love some elaboration on this
i put a decent amount of thought into it myself and always wind up at
>beard or no beard
i remember way back when there was a healthy discussion about it on the nao defunct digitch
>>
>>711196
Says a whole lot of other things in the old testament too
>>
File: 14585001583080.jpg (224 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
14585001583080.jpg
224 KB, 1024x580
>>717383
>>717091
I didn't ask for this feel.
>>717386
Well, it's not as simple as it would sound. First and foremost you have to be yourself while simultaneously molding yourself into an image that you're comfortable with other people perceiving you as. Then you have to decide if who you are is compatible with the lifestyle you're trying to live, and what lifestyle you want to live in the first place. This might all sound contradictory, so I'll try elaborate with sparsely connected bullshit and then try to bring it home for you.

Tweakers commonly go about with new clothes, freshly showered, on bikes, etc. They posses massive paranoia that someone will instantly associate them as a bum(or tweaker) simply because of how they look, assuming they haven't reached the point where looking like a bum is their only gig. Usually, when they're clean looking and not degenerated to skag marks everywhere, they'll be involved in petty crime and other small hustles. These people aren't just opportunistic thieves, these Tweakers will go out of their way to commit crime, and consider you and your backpack full of shit a target that won't be investigated by police if they get away with it. These people are targeted by other tweakers but often go under the radar of the local police and populace. They sleep in shelters and trap houses. These people go to jail when actually caught fucking up.

The "I'm too fucked off and couldn't get clean if I wanted" types are usually so far gone that they don't give a shit or they can't give a shit or looking fullbum is their only hustle. Often these guys are the former clean looking tweakers who've accrued too many charges or became too old to continue fucking the scene like they'd been. These people typically act as a middleman for stolen goods, will constantly be at the best panhandling spots, still usually opportunistic thieves, and are generally part of the network of homebums that usually exists in cities.

>cont
>>
>>717542
you didn't give us the story of that pic ;_;7
>>
ITT: Drug addicts, generally.
>>
File: 14585052302711.jpg (297 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14585052302711.jpg
297 KB, 579x1024
>>717542
>cont
These 'clearly fucked off' are usually allowed to go on completely shielded from the world. As long as they tow the line with the small bullshit like 'no open containers' or 'no bumsquats in the wide open of this park you fuck' or my favorite 'what the fuck is in those shopping carts and why do you have three of them in the hotel parking lot where you've been staying the last three days?' They have a high chance of being left alone. These people are targeted by classist upper class, media, eachother, and in the wrong areas-police. Subsequently, in the 'right' areas, these people are sometimes left to fester so they create a bad image of poverty and homelessness to scare people about falling into it. This relates to the absurd politics of each and every state and town, you won't be able to understand it fully until you're within it or if you already know what's going on.

Now that the two main images you'll experience are out of the way,

'Average young Joe traveling' types are usually clean, though not always clean cut. They have a traveler backpack on, usually stay in hostels or even shelters between times out innawoods, sometimes decide to stay in one area and set up their tent on the edge of town, often have a schedule or plan, the kind of guy who has a y membership. These people are targeted by almost everyone, the tweakers see a potentially easy target, homebums want to tell them stories because they'll actually listen, the vendors want to sell them shit, police want to ticket them because they'll actually pay the ticket or show up, and my type tries to turn them into themselves.

'Operator Tier OG Vagabond' types are usually middle aged men and older, sometimes former vets or bikers, who usually look like an healthy old guy with a travel pack. Sometimes mistaken for a homebum, or a homebum will pretend to be one. Very rare to meet a real one, these guys are basically wizards.

>cont
>>
>>717577
i feel like the only one who cares but thanks for the posties, bro.
>inb4 deleted for off-topic or illegal content or some other absurd bullshit
>>
File: 14585059390222.jpg (178 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
14585059390222.jpg
178 KB, 1024x576
>>717553
Oh, it's a decent little sleep spot in Eugene, Oregon. That's my ex, future mother of my kid, when we first met and she tried to come do the backpack thing. I'd been traveling for a minute by then. We got an rv last April, got preggo Oct, engine caught fire Nov, traveled out of the backpack with her till we broke up and she went home to New York. My dog is in the picture too, I still have her.
>picture related
Previous picture was a squat in Seattle, pretty sure it's demolished now.

Anyway,
>cont

These older Operator OG guys don't get bothered by anyone except cops with a chip on their shoulder and they usually get let go with a warning.

'Young drug addict homebum attempting to fit in' types generally look like weird little flailpiles who culturally appropriate anything they can in an attempt to look cool and detract from the fact they're a drug addict on the fringe of a society/lifestyle they so desperately want to be a part of. They look like anything from a travelling kid to a gangster to a normal kid, but they over indulge in their need for validation and showing off who they are that isn't a druggie. These people are targeted by tweakers, true people inside their lifestyle that are upset the druggie is laying claim to their lifestyle, police who recognize an oogle without knowing what it is, and social groups who try to help them.

>continued in a bit, ask questions if you'd like, I'll try to answer them
>>
>>717590
It's a slow board and there's lots of lurkers, even if just a few read this I'm fine. I plan to write it all out and compile a story or book so this kind of helps prewriting, you know? I had threads here some years ago when I first started the backpacking, lots of hate but lots of love too, both are fine with me.
>>
>>717599
travelin kid here lurkin n readin
can't be fucked to tap all this shit out on my phone so good on you most of these threads around here just end up shitposted into oblivion
>>
>>717596
do you have a home base?
>>
>>710782
North-west or Montana. I'd suggest the South West but there's too much meth and cops in NM and AZ will murder you.
>>
>>717599
Appreciated
>>
>>717596
can you fill me in on the meaning of flailpile/any other lingo
>>
File: 14585194954780.jpg (170 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14585194954780.jpg
170 KB, 579x1024
>>717606
Yeah, it gets tedious doing it over and over, that's why I plan to condense it into a digestible material for people interested in the lifestyle.

>>717612
I find myself drawn to Oregon. Seattle and San Francisco are places I go through often, but in the traditional sense, no. The west coast.
>>717644
There's a flowchart I posted further up the thread commom breakdown of folk and what they're identified as. See >>
>>713461

The terminology might mean different things to everyone, like 'wingnut' is usually a catchall term for someone who's 'actually' crazy, but it also might not have such stigma attached to some people. A verb and an adjective, "look at that wingnut going full wingnut, flailing everywhere, blowing up the spot" translates to 'look at that crazy guy going full retard throwing his shit, drawing attention.'

Flail is an adjective and a verb as well. I prefer to use it in reference to someone's actions, but I also let it slip as an adjective to describe a visible unaesthetically pleasing combination of demeanor and dress. It's what happens when a person sits down and throws all their shit everywhere out of their bag looking for something, oblivious to their surroundings or the appropriateness. It's what happens when someone freaks out in their spot and just starts throwing their trash and random bullshit about or even decorating things as if it were art. It's what happened when you're walking through an alley and all you see is some shoes, clothes, a shitty backpack and an empty liqour bottle in a neat little pile as if the bum spontaneously combust.
A flailpile is a catchall term for a mess, I guess you'd say. Flailing is the action of representing yourself as as mess or simply being a mess. You don't have to be cool to kick it, you just can't look all flailed out, you understand?

Anyway, last few descriptions of previous semi relevant image management continued in a moment

>Inside the squathouse I call 34, previously shown above
>>
File: 14585220666321.jpg (123 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14585220666321.jpg
123 KB, 1024x579
>>717758
'Average homeless Joe' types are usually clean and clean cut. They often have a vehicle and are trying to get back on their feet' while looking for a job. They often draw unemployment and might have come to the city from some far off place. They try to fly under the radar by looking as normal as possible, but this doesn't mean the cops won't target them because of their perceived ability to show up to court.

I could explain what goes into dressing like a 'traveling kid' but this description is very wide and the details of one's style aren't so important as the fact that one must completely own it, confidently and unapologetically.

I mold my style off many things. I don't want to look so clean that other homeless target me or consider me fresh meat(not relevant after a time), but I also don't want to look so off putting as to affect my interaction with 'normal' people in a negative way. If someone doesn't like you because you're 'poor' there's little you can do to change that. My look basically comes down a delicate combination of style and functionality, that style being one that looks similar across my peers yet simultaneously different. I think when people look at me they see the idea I have created and not the one created of me by society and media, a completely different one that isn't in the radar yet; it's coming though. The modern american vagabond might revolutionize young adult culture. A mix between punk and hippy, deadhead and metalhead, it's all finally led to a manifestation of counter culture that's actually got a stable place in society from the start, despite existing in the fringe of it. My exact style over the years has changed drastically, and while looking halfway normal and being able to take off the backpack and look completely normal has its perks, being a personality people recognize and respect is much more fun and fulfilling.

mightve gone a bit awry in my explanation of managing your image.

>another shot from 34
>>
>>717599
Im reading everything. Still living with mom right now, saving up some gear right now before i head out in june. I need all the info i can get so i really appreciate you sharing experiences.
>>
>>710757
i think he was being sarcastic dude
>>
>>718087
No sarcasm. I think its going well so far.
>>
>>710800
Put a towel between the tree and your rope, you dirty fucking animal. Why even live innawoods if you're going to damage the trees?
>>
>>718237
fuckin bleeding tree heart hippies
>>
>>710800
We can see the other tents in the background, anon
>>
File: 14585982480870.jpg (212 KB, 1024x580) Image search: [Google]
14585982480870.jpg
212 KB, 1024x580
>>717881
No problem, where you from? Any ideas where you want to head first? You can try to be prepared all you'd like but the best experience is getting out there and doing it. You could even go out and do trial runs where you stealth camp in your town. I don't know, I had vehicles and was on my own doing various things after highschool, but I dove into vagabonding full time by getting a plane ticket to a huge city far away from anywhere I'd ever really been and just going with the flow once I got there. Had all my gear stolen out of the squat the first week there but it didn't stop me.

Which reminds me about the question about gear problems up above
>>716433
I'll get to that in a minute.

>friends, acquaintances, gear on Haight
>>
>>717805
Thanks for all the info, just letting you know I'm lurking.
>>
>>718578
Europe. Wont be able to join the big vagabond scene in america sadly, but i think i can still have a good time. I want to stay in the woods as much as i can anyway, living off fish and small game. I was thinking sweden in the summer and spain in the winter, only going to a city once every few weeks to busk for a big bag of rice and gear i have to replace.

I know i have a very romantic view of this so im kinda worried.
>>
>>711197
>>711216
>>714414

Pretty sure he just added that warning in there >>711196so that you faggots wouldn't jump down his throat for
>religion
on 4chan. Instead you guys jumped down his throat for something else. The internet is a fucking beautiful place.
>>
How well does busking work compared to panhandling? Does it make more money or is it more of a moral thing?
>>
File: 14586258342810.jpg (92 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14586258342810.jpg
92 KB, 1024x579
>>718716
Europe, well, I hear the hostel scene is better but the going innawoods is a little limited, depending on where you are. Things would be much different for you I think.
>>718782
Depends. Busking and having an instrument contribute to your image in various ways, in fact busking and panhandling when you're unable to busk actually probably nets you more dollaroos for having an instrument. At least, it helped me the short stint I was carrying a guitar and learning it, I panhandled zero times between having it and selling it, but I still got kickdowns from it. People assumed I'd been doing it the whole time or something and I just carried the damn thing maybe a month, I actually did away with it because I was tired of people thinking I was some musician. Plus I already have a dog who takes up some space and contributes to the overall, if I'd known how or didn't have the pup I'd probably kept the guitar. Certainly having the instrument is nice to pass the time, and it gives you an excuse to hang out down town. Some places, specifically the Newport strip in Ocean Beach CA, won't bother you if you play music and don't look too flailed, whereas anyone else merely existing at the wrong time could draw a loitering ticket. Honestly, busking is just great exposure, you can meet people that way really well.

Kickdowns are things you get given to you. Flying a sign is standing out there panhandling with something on cardboard. Lots goes into picking a spot to panhandle or fly along with how you do it. Standing outside busy places you know youll be kicked out of quickly anywayand crackspanging (spanging is spare-changing ie literally asking people for change, Crack spanging being almost aggressive panhandling) could profit, if you get leeway to chill you could hang there for an hour asking people as they leave, neither of these would involve flying a sign and would involve more image management than anything.

>junkie tag in 34, 34 was a squat long before I recracked it
>>
File: 14586266160691.jpg (194 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14586266160691.jpg
194 KB, 1024x579
>>718879
You could also go out to an exit and fly a sign at the exit to Walmart or a freeway. This is generally what I do if I'm low and need funds. Flying a sign in a downtown environment doesn't make any sense though, neither does spanging really, so you have to develop a hustle along with your social skills to really survive without busking in cities.

Alternatively, you hear about people who panhandle but don't need it and make thousands. I'm not sure exactly how, I'm sure most of it comes from aggressive panhandling along with some bullshit sob story and being in the most prime spot ever. I feel guilty if I'm panhandling the same spot for more than a few days, but in very rare occasions I make over a hundred a day. Hours of standing out there, usually my sign just says 'smile' which sounds gay as fuck but technically not soliciting in some eyes and does look better than the typical sobby bullshit you see. After all, clearly I choose to do this, wouldn't make any sense to fly 'homeless anything helps!" but if you're an asshole you can fly a sob story or "why lie, need cigs and beer" even if you just need coffee and pot because somehow people won't give you shit if the latter is on there. I personally try to keep my pocket cash under a few hundred and invest the rest in rocks or sending it to be held in case of emergency. On top of that, when I'm really moving and panhandling multiple towns multiple times a week, I accrue many dollars and eat really dank meals and expensive expresso, also buy the puppers dank wet food during this surplus, so it goes back down quick. I suppose I could make 'thousands' panhandling, but a lot of it goes to coffee and stupid expensive dank meals.

>change it up with the tag of some housie girl dating this kid in this other squat, the henhaus

Housie in a varied term for someone who might be a former street kid or future street kid or someone who's just hip but never lived the vagabond life. Means something else to everyone probably.
>>
File: 14586278722413.jpg (181 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14586278722413.jpg
181 KB, 1024x579
>>718883
This leads me to gear. Knowing your gear and maintaining it is extremely important. Having quality gear that will last and fits you well is also a big deal. I prefer to have bare minimum, so things like clothes or hats are practically a nonissue for me, but there's lots of clothes people throw out that you could take. Knowing how to sew is imperative. Basically understanding when your gear has had its day and being prepared to make the change and looking for the replacement is the only real gear problem that's guaranteed assuming you never lose your shit. In the case your stuff is just slowly degrading, going through the state you're in's Craigslist can be great to set you up with your next backpack or sleeping bag or tent. Garage sales, thrift stores, basically getting your replacement before you need it and looking for it everywhere. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant by gear problems, but please clarify.

If you lose all your shit local churches and programs often will help you with a day pack and a blanket or sleeping bag, in the event of losing all your sit-assuming you won't die from exposure or thugs, I suggest you take the chance and go far. Squat houses, walking across the city, on top of buildings. It can be liberating.

>hen haus, kids I met there a few years ago, quality tag onna wall
>>
If you've read Steal this Book, how accurate is it?
>>
Thanks for the posts guy, invaluable.
>>
>>711254
Fuck off, hippie-nigger
>>
>>718879
What do you mean with limited going innawoods? As in finding good locations or surviving for that long?

>>718901
Yea thats exactly what i meant by gear problems, gear breaking down or getting stolen.
>>
>>718323
It's at rainbow of course there's other tents. That's Utah 2014.
>>
File: 2678910[1].jpg (35 KB, 700x509) Image search: [Google]
2678910[1].jpg
35 KB, 700x509
>>718757
>the internet
>jumping down peoples throats
oy vey what a shoah it's like another lolocaust
>>
>>719006
Like your forests have been compartmentalized a lot and you'd have to get really far /out/ to enjoy yourself. It's becoming more and more common for people in Europe, specifically like Wales, to come to places like america and travel around during their college break. You're actually seen as a weirdo or socially inept at welsh colleges if you haven't gotten out and done something like that.
>>
Bumping so we don't end up with more 'gunna be homeless wat do' theads, but they're probably inevitable
>>
File: trump-building-wall-gif.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
trump-building-wall-gif.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>719701
Well yea i would love to go to america but im doing this long term. I guess i could just overstay and become an outlaw but i think the police would ask me for my id alot as a dirty hippie with a 70L backpack when i do come to a city. Trump is going to wreck me if i overstay.

So i just have to deal with what i have. I think there still are some remote places in scandinavia and east europe.
>>
>>720371
>I guess i could just overstay
u definitely can
i knew a guy who did
if you are okay being homeless and can speak decent english you'll be mostly fine
find a group to stick with and try and blend in with them
americans don't disappear illegal immigrants like certain other countries and trump would want. we send them back to their country of origin.
>>
>>720403
I dont believe that. If i get caught hitchhiking or panhandling and the cops want to see my id, im going to get deported indeed. I mean if i looked like a normal citizen not doing anything out of the ordinary i could do it but hobos draw alot of attention.

And besides, it feels morally wrong. Because i would basically migrate there illegaly and bring nothing but more poverty. It would be hypocrite because i dont want any syrian refugees in europe either.
>>
>>720433
>I dont believe that
Which means you think I'm lying to you. Which is fine but w/e I can't help you. This guy got involved with Rainbow Family so he probably panhandled and hitchhiked with them which insulated him from any police inquiry. But I'm a liar who lies so w/e. Your ETHICS and OPINIONS aside.
>>
>>720445
Do you know where he came from?
I'm sure it can happen but i shouldn't rely on meeting a group if hippies that can cover me up kek.
>>
File: 1430154899979.jpg (60 KB, 800x583) Image search: [Google]
1430154899979.jpg
60 KB, 800x583
>>718901
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this dude. Dank literature
>>
>>720465
Finland
>>
>>720489
based bic
>>
>>720465
>i shouldn't rely on meeting a group if hippies
you shouldn't rely on the sun rising tomorrow
but we all take chances
>>
File: 14587918547492.jpg (162 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14587918547492.jpg
162 KB, 1024x579
>>720489
Thanks anon. I'll try to write more and compile it. Wrote out some really good things about dumpstering a while back but the thread was deleted before I could save the posts. Once the weather breaks I plan to really get going this year, places I've never been in states I go through all the time, new states, the works. Rainbow is in Vermont this year and I might actually go since I'll have to be in New York for the baby.
>>720465
I'm not going to tell you exactly how to come here and dissappear, just understand that if you came here somewhat legally and weren't a fuck, you'd probably be alright.

Break from the finer details of the life to a more anecdotal experience, if you guys don't mind.
>squat mattress in henhaus, faerie consensual sex bell
Oh man, the things that have happened on this mattress. The hen house has been a squat for going on 10 years easily at this point and it still exists to my knowledge. This and most of my other pictures of it were taken during my first stay at the hen house, when I lived there for almost two months. I check it every time I'm up there, it's been abandoned every time since but the first time I revisted there was a bunch of new kids living there and they invited me and the girl I was traveling with in.

We talked and I was filled in on the absurd things that'd happened since the last time I'd been in Seattle. They'd just been served an eviction notice that morning by the police who came and told them anyone who was there the next day was going to jail, kind of amazing timing on my part. Two tinkerers had been allowed to run amok in the shed, so the yard and shed were just a huge mess compared to state of the house when I left it, which was a huge mess when I inherited it. Ah, but in calling it mine or even ours in reference to the few who I shared it with at my time was somehow wrong of me to a certain street community in capitol hill. Let me back up a little.
>>
File: 14587950957340.jpg (292 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14587950957340.jpg
292 KB, 1024x579
>>720630
All of what I know surrounding the history of the house comes from the neighbors and a few artifacts from the original squatters, like postcards they mailed back to the squat, combined with my own gathering and inferring.

The house belonged to a Sikh taxi driver, who received it as a gift in a dowry when it was worth about 20k, 15 years ago or so now. The property value in land value alone skyrocketed over the next decade, forcing propery taxes up and many out. For whatever reason, this Sikh taxi driver didnt care about the subsequent credit destruction incurred from holding the property and forcing the bank or city to take it. To my knowledge he barely used it and moved out, and it became the home of three homeless girls about ten years ago, who's apparent drug use made them unable to stay in the 'established' squat close by belonging to some straight edge punks. The electric and plumbing were quickly unhooked but these three girls continued living in the house for upwards of three to five years on and off, which is why it is called the hen house. Idiots might tell you it was for the hen on the front porch, though neither the front porch or the hen exist anymore.

These three girls were very well known in the neighborhood. It's a small area of Seattle which even today that manages to escape the major gentrification popping up all around, despite all attempts to turn Seattle into the tech capital of the world. On one side of the house was renovated army barracks which were now small studio apartments filled with former felons, child molestors, regular old guys and working men who had nothing and liked it that way. You can almost see the corner of the building in the background of this picture. Basically 40 doors and the only window they have in those tiny apartments faces the henhouse. On the other side, what would be behind me in the photo, is a small split level shared house with only a chain link fence, like the one you can see here, separating it.
>>
>>720630
So you think i could get away with it?
How often do you get your id checked by the cops? And do you look like a typical hobo?

What if you tell them youre homeless and you have no id? Will they just leave you alone?
>>
File: 14587968082631.jpg (383 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14587968082631.jpg
383 KB, 1024x768
Man, I forgot how much random shit I knew about this house. This will be long probably.

>rest of the yard after I'd cleaned it, fence and the other neighbors
The third neighbors were behind these shrubs to the left
, and though we were technically friends I personally never went over and hung out, even though the old guy came over a few times to smoke weed. Oh, a few felons from the apartments came over to smoke a few times too. Even convinced this old timer who just came into the squat to try some 5-aceo-dmt, he told us the next day it was pretty sweet.

So the family in the house to the right in this picture moved in right before the three girls did and had seen most of the bullshit going on right next door. Needless to say, they never came over.

The girls eventually moved out for good and the house quickly became a regular squat for both sexes. The local straight edge punk house continued to funnel their druggie friends to the house and overall probably considered it their own Crackshack just three blocks over even when they hadn't put a friend in it for a while. Rumors of the horrible mold began to surface around this time. Apparently the house has horrible mold which makes everyone sick, but I didn't notice anything extraordinary while staying there, we kept what little mold there was at bay with a bleach mix, and my talks with the owner or the building contractors who came in later near the end of my stay didn't seem to indicate mold as a serious factor-unless the minor water damage already happening wasnt fixed. These contractors told me their name for the henhouse was 'the needle house'
>>
File: 14588012491110.jpg (295 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588012491110.jpg
295 KB, 768x1024
>>720668
I get my ID checked extremely often, I'm not saying you could get away with it in the slightest or suggest you try, but why should you let fear of failure stop you? What's the worst that happens? You end up sent back and exactly where you are now? I'm not normal looking at all and draw attention even in a crowd of my peers, but I don't always get ID'd during every interaction with the cops. I went March to November last year without an id, but I had the RV and my ex girlfriend who only had a civilian military ID from out of state. Basically during this time though I gave them my real info to find my ID any time they needed it, they still sometimes couldn't find me in the system. My ex doesn't show up on any lookup at all and actually wouldn't, so she might as well not have an ID.

Still, when they come knocking at 3am and they ask for your id, first thing is hand it to them if you have it, they often won't look you up and if they do they'll probably just warn you to keep moving, if that. I had a cop in Boulder City Nevada apologize for waking me up after running my info, then compliment me on my jacket I was sleeping in and wished me luck on getting some more sleep before the business opened in the morning.

I'll say this though, to the lurkers as well, if you're willing to explore new lifestyles and put up with some minor bullshit, hopping on the rainbow road can only be good for you. Going to rainbow gatherings has never been the centerpiece of my travels, though I've wound up at several regionals over the years, become friends with countless rainbow family in cities, and been associated as a 'rainbow' just because I live this lifestyle. Though we are all technically rainbow family, this doesn't mean I get all gushy with some asshat who's first words upon meeting me are 'duuuude, rainbow family right?'

I know many people who have been following rainbow for years, spending enough time in cities to collect resources and travel between gatherings.
>>
>>710783
non-sense. many people are comfortable and homeless and many do not even look homeless. The homeless people you see are likely insane and/or on drugs. They live in the city because they are stupid/ignorant/afraid to leave.
>>
File: 14588016593801.jpg (272 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14588016593801.jpg
272 KB, 1024x579
>>720669
Anyway, more about this squat. Some of the names have been changed for now, others left normal out of sheer i-dont-give-a-fuck, if I ever finalize this I'm debating just leaving the names of the people who were really shitstains.

When I first arrived, I was invited by this guy named Diver. Diver was convinced he could save the world by dumpstering, but really only managed to accumulate shit. Still, he was a good person to really learn to dumpster from. I got there at the end of February that year, diver had apparently been in the squat since the previous November. It'd apparently just been cleared out of its inhabitants but not the trash as is goes according to the weird ritual occurs every three months involving the city coming in and warning they were gunna cement all the doors and windows and then bulldoze it.

Eventually the dirty kids on Capitol Hill took notice to the little shack out away from the playground in Sodom. It became the regular place of a group of kids who lived upstairs together and frequented the Black Coffee coop on Cap Hill, an anarchist 'safe space' that served as a hangout for street folk. Between drama and the fear of mold, they eventually stopped coming back, except for Diver and this kid named Zach.
Zach's mom lives in Seattle, I don't know much about the kid except he's an oogle and probably in the henhouse right now telling people it's got super deadly mold and that he's from the east coast lel. I've met him over the years and my opinion hadn't improved.
Zach and Diver hung out at black coffee sometimes but they weren't drinking the kool-aid, you could say. Eventually a few more kids named Kappy and Backpack came and stayed, they were fresh from San Francisco and hadn't over a year of traveling under their belt. I only met Kappy at the time, backpack fled home to Montana, and through Kappy came a girl called Liz.

Fuck anons, I need to sleep, I'll have to continue this bullshit tomorrow.

>kitchen before cleaning it
>>
Guys, I don't want to live in this society anymore. Any tips on starting out with living as a vagabond?
>>
>>720703
I just realised I'm retarded and this thread likely already answers any questions I'd have. Excuse my ignorance.
>>
File: GaNpXJZ.jpg (239 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
GaNpXJZ.jpg
239 KB, 960x640
>>720700
the fuck is this shit.. wordpress is that way.. go start a blog... maybe there someone will show some interest and subscribe in the mean time you can set up adwords and hawk products as an affiliate... I dont want to read about some slacker POS. Fuck outta here.. I hope they burn the place down.
>>
File: hotel prius.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hotel prius.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1000
I'm rather interested in living out of my sedan, anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

I'm currently theorycrafting this out:

Bath/swimming towels for cushioning and insulation along the bottom of the trunk, lay in sleeping bag with legs into trunk with head on pillow on the back of folded down seat-back; in an emergency can crawl into trunk and raise seat so car appears empty at a glance.

Store all gear in trunk during the day, but will have to pull pretty much everything out at night for comfort.
Emergency car tools (x2), beater clothes set, small wardrobe of 'good' clothes and toiletries, hobby gear, sleeping bag, pillow,

Exercise and wash up at gym every morning.

Not sure on food, eating at restaurants all the time can get extremely expensive, have a cooler in the trunk and dry-bag for food stash? Not sure how to cool said cooler without having to buy ice every other day, might be a hassle.

Cellphone and free wifi for internet, spend time in public places during day, try to only use car for movement and sleeping. "Hobby gear" could mean /out/ backpacking equipment for weekends innawoods
>>
>>720677
is that fat kids
>>
>>720677
not lovin ya nigga
>>
Why are so many homeless attracted to the North West? Its rainy and cold most of the year. I just don't get it.
>>
If I wanted to walk around the us living out of a backpack, what would be the best way to make money?
I can't really play an instrument for busking, but I can juggle pretty well. Also, lugging an instrument around doesn't seem like a good idea if I'm spending a lot of time away from people. Depending on being able to find temporary work when you need cash sounds like a good way to run out of money fast.
>>
>>710782
http://travel.baddalailama.com/2009/02/free-sleeping-life-without-strings.html
This whole site is great
>>
>>720802
not that guy, but thanks anon!
>>
>>720788
Juggling or panhandling
>>
Im actually living in my car while driving for uber in san francisco. Its actually not a decent setup with options to do anything i want.
>>
>>711194
hitchhiking from city to city is a million times easier than biking from city to city. You'll be exhausted and need so much more food to sustain yourself rather than just sitting in a strangers car. Only really practical for short distance traveling.
>>
>>720709
>I don't want to read stuff
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Being Upset About A Slow Thread On A Slow Board Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
>>720730
it's pretty though
all the trees and stuffs
i was on a bus through there coming back east once and the view was so amazing i wanted to just hop off and just stay there
>>
>>720961
>this whole post
>>
>>720710
I sleep in my sedan at trailheads sometimes but usually put my head in the trunk and my feet on the folded down seat. If someone rolls up, just go fetal and disappear into the trunk.
>>
>>720710
I do this exactly, but im much more minimized. I have about a weeks worth of food and clothes. Ive been slowly adding things like hiking gear. Its not that bad as long as you are warm
>>
>>720730
because it's great landscape legal weed and nice people and good economy. plenty of dry warmth up there too.
>>
File: 14588456948680.jpg (331 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14588456948680.jpg
331 KB, 1024x768
>>720716
I think so, at least at the time it wasn't but it was started by one of the people who started fat kids.
>>720717
Sorry senpai

>>720700
I know this doesn't seem to have context, but it will.

The first night I stayed in the squat I slept in the kitchen, the next day Liz invited me to sleep in 'her' room upstairs where Kappy also stayed when he wasn't off shooting up. They weren't dating and it quickly became clear Liz was using her vagina to control how things went down in the squat. Zach and Diver and a few others schmucks from Black Coffee listened to whatever weird plans were trying to come together involving the squat as if they were real. Liz and this other guy she'd fallen out with had planned to set up a warehouse as an art collective, but they'd fallen out and the guys dad took the idea and told him to kick Liz out, so Liz was now determined to turn the house into a permanent collective where she could raise the kid she didn't have custody of.

The house had some rules; no hard shard or black, that you'd consult the other 'regulars' before bringing someone to stay, and no juggalos. The last one was a joke, for the most part. For that matter, the first two probably were too.

Before I got there, like a week or two before, the kids threw a party in the squat where they played music and raged. Somehow, the kids were still under the impression that they were staying in the house secretively, that the neighborhood didn't know they were there, even after they threw the party. There was also the notion that previously there was interaction with the owner of the house, even so much so that we had been given permission, but this was a rumor and if it were true the kids had a falling out with the owner and things were back to hostile.

Within a week of my being there the squat was robbed while we were gone. I lost the most, losing my travel pack, my good boots, my sleeping bag, and basically everything else. The next day we were served a notice to vacate.
>>
File: 14588477567732.jpg (243 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14588477567732.jpg
243 KB, 1024x579
>>721107
I decided that taking charge and sticking around was my best course of option. Liz and I went to the DPD to go over the files for the house, from what I could tell if I put locks on the doors and cleaned up they wouldn't have enough reason to assume it were being used as a squat. We acquired locks and duplicated keys for five or of us, then set to work cleaning the squat. During this time Kappy stopped showing up and Liz and I began to hang out practically full time. Diver saw the garbage men or some sanitary worker going though the alley and got the house registered for trash pickup, things were looking good despite the hiccups in the beginning.

Then, about a week after the theft, the house was tagged with swastikas and "nigger bums" and "kill all bums" by some retarded junkie who was mad I wouldn't let him come stay in the house, despite him being older and having stayed there before. When I got home that night the neighbors were in their yard with a few other people, I noticed the swastikas and other bullshit but noticed theyd been spraypainted over on that side and went over to ask them if they'd seen who did it-I assumed it was all them, honestly. A ripped guy introduced himself as the jewish brother in-law of our neighbor who'd been asked to come over once they'd seen the shit and he spraypainted over 'nigger' and the swastika(left 'bums', the cheeky fuck). I told him it wasn't any of the kids we had staying there, and so I met the neighbors. They filled me in on some history, about the three girls who originally stayed there and about their problems since they left. They told me a story about the very junkie I wouldn't let come stay in the house screaming and flailing in the backyard for hours before taking a shit in the open of the yard and going right back to it. I assured them that I too had a low tolerance for bullshit and had been cleaning the place, and would try to keep it better.

>and try I did
>>
>>720978
I felt the same way, but when I moved here I wanted to contribute to this place instead of use it for all its got. It's kind of sad in my eyes because what could be an amazing place to live, is run down because of meth/heroin use and the large homeless population. Eugene/Springfield in specific.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that people can be down on luck or simply want to live life on the road. But, as an example, the other night I gave a ride to a homeless man who told me he thought smoking meth and doing yoga was a good idea. He also told me about how Donald Trump lives in a camp close by but he goes under a different name and that there are energy suckers trying to get him and he wanted to start getting violent with them. I could go on about the many crazy things this guy said, but you get the point. Now tell me how someone like that contributes to society here? How is he not a danger to society? Ironically, he was the "energy sucker."

Most of the homeless that I interact with immediately have some sort of angle going on and are testing to see how far they can ride my kindness. How am I supposed to feel when they are always trying to take advantage of me? Should I welcome them with open arms? It gets hard trying to be courteous to the homeless after a while.

I'm speaking honestly here but I welcome you to educate me.
>>
File: 14588499111544.jpg (179 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588499111544.jpg
179 KB, 579x1024
>>721129
>liz following me around in the rain

Quickly I foresaw things going sour between Liz and I. Already I'd noticed she had contradictory character belonging to a caricature of a person, she told me many personal things I wont bring up but if I listed them you'd all have a good >laugh at my expense for not breaking it off sooner. But as this is the kind of place where we can enjoy such character traits, I'll let guys in on some. She's the kind of girl who would be upset I posted this picture because it violates 'security culture' and her right to privacy, whereas if you Google her name you will find her Tumblr, google+, Gaia, etsy, a public photobucket with over a thousand pictures, and various 'modeling' websites like suicide girls and the such-which at the time included her location in Seattle and a fresh bio. Simultaneously, she claims to be on the run from her abusive baby daddy who has no idea she's in Seattle but if he knew he'd send Rainbow to find her (????lel??) but keep in mind her baby daddy has a Wikipedia page for being a dumb hippie.

>lewd inc
We'd been going to a drum circle that happens every Thursday in Gasworks, and on my third Thursday in the squat things between Liz and I had escalated quickly. There was multiple times I woke up on the tiny squat mattress next to Liz during those first few weeks to find she was essentially palming my junk, seemingly in my sleep but also presumably in her sleep as well. On that third Thursday morning it happened again so I took it further and we fooled around a little while laying there.

Later that norning we decided to go hang out in Fremont, a neighborhood across town close to Gasworks, for most of the day and skip coffee. On the bus there I brought up what we'd done that morning and she claimed she didn't know what I was talking about but that it sounded hot. The subject changed and we got off the bus and begin walking towards Fremont when she blurted out 'wanna fuck?' out of left field.
>>
>>721159
cool story, bro. i think you meant to reply to someone else though. maybe someone who cares.
>>
File: 14588482029173.jpg (305 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14588482029173.jpg
305 KB, 1024x579
>>721159
Well if you can't use proper character judgement and assert your tolerance for bullshit, perhaps you should avoid interaction. But Eugene/Springfield is a special case, I'll talk about the politics of that town at another time.
>>721171
>lewd but important

She tells me she's into exhibitionism and sex in public places, so I tell her we'll go about our day and if we see a spot that works, great. We spent most of the day talking while she tried to learn to play a song on the Uke. We sat down on this guy's carpet and he brought out a pillow and a tiny bowl for us and assured us we'd do good if we sat there, though she only made the $5 he gave her.

Later that night Liz and I fucked multiple times. The first time she had me fuck her up against a wall in the park just before sundown. Next, I was climbing around and over gas works directly above the drum circlr when she climbed up and wanted to fuck up there too, so we did. When I climbed back down another girl named Namè was there looking for me, Namè and I had mutual attraction but hadn't spent a lot of time together, later this moment will cause a rift in the relationship Namè and I had. Back at the squat, Liz didn't care about anyone else in the room as she climbed on top of me.

A day or two later we had an argument regarding what I was posting here on 4chan about the squat. Like I mentioned before, she was involved in all sorts of weird doublethink. The shelters on Capitol Hill are extremely enabling and filled with spoiled rich kids who are there because they're genderqueen anarchist identity politicians who's parents are tired of their bullshit, but the funding to the organizations that do the drop-ins ensures that they have a safe space for a modern echo chamber that resembles tumblr in real life. This is the regular crowd of Black Coffee, who only slip up and do Crack sometimes, assuredly.

The following Sunday during a cleaning party told her I didn't think we were gunna work out.
>>
>>721179
I don't give a shit if you care. If someone wants to answer they will. Sorry you're so butthurt about it. You obviously can't answer the questions so fuck off.
>>
>>721199
>>>/b/
>>
File: 14588522705795.jpg (230 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14588522705795.jpg
230 KB, 1024x579
>>721180
>Namè looking like a deer in headlights
Forgot to mention the day after the house was spray painted, the owner came and wanted us to leave. I convinced him to let us stay after he talked to the neighbors, assuring him bigger problems would come if he kicked us out. We exchanged numbers and I sent him the pictures of the cleanup happening.

Around the time I called it off with Liz, Namè came and stayed in the squat. Together her and I painted the door and the outside of the house using paint we found leftover from the previous painting so it looked decent.

Then suddenly a week after Liz and I fucked, she calls a meeting. The night before the meeting we somehow end up on the same bus and she's with her new guy who's convinced I'm Hitler or something. They follow me to the squat and right before we get there Liz begins screaming and accusing me of rape, when I called her delusional she freaked and started punching me in the head so I just stood there and took it. They go off to his house while I go back to the squat.
Then we're having a meeting and there's 7 people who never sleep at the house and the 4 of us who do, Namè Diver Zach and I, packed into Namè and I's room upstairs, supposedly about the fate of the squat but more about how I'm a mysogisnt bigot rapist who needs to check his privilege.

Nothing came of the meeting, it was decided that since Liz attacked me the night before her friends who had come to back her up couldn't do so as easily. Namè considered the whole thing horseshit and probably singlehandedly prevented my name from being run under the bus. I wasn't 86'd from Black Coffee but given that the baristas were all beta orbiters, it was likely they'd have made a public spectacle had I shown up during the beginning of this bullshit.

The black coffee crowd pulled out of the house and the word was that a lot of people were getting disgusted by the scene and the bullshit with Liz was contributing.
>>
>>721222
nice trips
she looks way nicer than the liza chick... u dun goofed.
>>
File: 1458539819993.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458539819993.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>711196

>trigger warning
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

ahahahaha senpai
>>
>>721222
Fuck I hate causey housies. Fuck feminazi house punks. This is the reason I don't go to east wing in kcmo no more
>>
File: 14588561693020.jpg (181 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588561693020.jpg
181 KB, 579x1024
>>721222
The following month went pretty well, in some respects. We gained a few more roommates who slept in Zach's room. These kids were pretty chill, and a week after they moved in we gained two more deadhead kids who were trying to stay clean and just got to Seattle. They slept outside my room in the area between my door and the stairs. Our little disfunctional family was actually pretty cohesive for the time, at least, while I put up with Zach's bullshit. Zach had a problem with spice, and he'd steal small shit like change or a nugget. Diver was secretly a tweaker, who did an amazing job convincing everyone he wasn't- I had my suspicions, but they weren't confirmed till later after I left.

The cleanup went no where, diver continued accumulating more shit and was trying to grow pot in the backyard. Zach was a kid, easily molded by whoever was around him and the person he was trying to impress in that moment. Zach's friends were kids too but not so annoyingly so, except when all together. The deadheads brought a new vibe to the city and the squat, suddenly we were all hanging in my room doing dabs and taking schwills. Sometimes I slept off elsewhere, Namè and I were beginning to see that we weren't for each other despite our friendship, telling her about fucking Liz directly above her at the drum circle didn't help. She made plans to go hop on the rainbow road, >>
>>720661

Towards the end of my stay Zach and the others met this slightly older Punk dude who was really weird about how he came about being in the neighborhood. Apparently he knew Liz from the east coast, but was just in town for the season. He'd tried to go over to the local straight edge punk squat, where Liz and her boyfriend stayed, but being a crackhead they sent him over to live in the Hen House. He wound up in a different house that we all know of, then met Zach and Co at the local shell station, who invited him to stay. Conveniently he left out knowing Liz, or the habits he had.

>squat life
>>
>>717596
Adding a new low to deadbeat dad I see.

I know it's probably knee jerk reaction to normies like me to ignore or some kind of retarded justification, but you are nigger-tier by not raising your kids

Children can't make the choice you made. some kid is now statistically fucked thanks to you and your ex. This makes you a bad person.
>>
File: 14588580628941.jpg (225 KB, 1024x579) Image search: [Google]
14588580628941.jpg
225 KB, 1024x579
>>721230
Don't remind me, I saw Namè a little over a month ago, she's still following Rainbow.
>>721253
What choices do you think I had growing up? I'm trying not to get into my past but in a more succinct tone perhaps; hardship builds character? What is the ideal 'fix' which you forsee me applying, with your limited scope of my character and abilities, my assets and my friends?
>>721245
It gets better, as if being accused of rape by a girl who wanted you to fuck her behind the Fremont troll in the middle of the afternoon could somehow be worse,
>>721266
sorry anon, it's almost done, it's just a slight reflection on the culture
>>721252
Towards the end of my stay in the squat, I had a meeting with the owner, who was pleased with the paint job over the spraypaint fuckup. He was pretty upset with Diver trying to grow pot in the backyard and told me to kick whoever made the hilarious excuse for greenhouse out. I told him I didn't have any such power and went and told Diver he couldn't grow pot in the open like that, who got pretty butthurt. The owner brought over some contractors who I mentioned before, they filled me in on their plans to fix the windows and the previous state of the squat. They all left after having a mystified look around the house.

A few days after this we'd all decided to celebrate bicycle day in a group, but that year was raining and they were already paranoid enough about it so we just decided to trip in my room, 9 deep. I wouldn't recommend it. Diver got upset that day over some shit and left in a flurry, smashing his bong and crying about never coming back.

When the punk guy who'd been really weird about his intentions began staying at the house, Zach increased his trashing of the place tenfold. Randomly smashing bottles in the yard and kitchen, smashing more holes for shits and generally being an oogle blowing up the spot, all in an attempt to appeal to some sort of implied 'east coast' crusty vibe.

>Diver's room
>>
File: Capture.png (183 KB, 326x366) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
183 KB, 326x366
>>721291
>upside down flag
>>
File: 14588603834773.jpg (146 KB, 580x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588603834773.jpg
146 KB, 580x1024
>>721291
Finally I snapped one day and started shouting about Zach being an idiot and trashing shit just for the fuck of it. He apparently took it to heart and packed his shit during my rage, claiming he was just going to go stay at his mom's since he was an oogle, with tears in his eyes. I'd have felt bad if he weren't the kind of twat to fling around the word oogle or be the peanut gallery literally every chance he gets.

A few days after this I was in the squat by myself when I heard a knock on the floor as if someone where right outside my door in the squat. I scarcely had time to reach for my weapon before they threw open the door. In walked seven kids brandishing weapons, a few smart ones with flashlights. They were a rag tag team consisting of a few beta friends of Liz, Liz's current boyfriend and the punk she knew from out east,and two transsexuals who had extremely rich families in Seattle and lived their lives being caricature 'anarchist' liberals. Oh, and they brought this black guy too. Basically a few core black coffee members and the punk. What a sight. I had to go, and it had nothing to do with Liz but more that I was a bigot shitlord who refused to check his privilege and the community needs a safe space without people like me. So I gathered most of my things and left.

That night I slept on my favorite roof, picture related >>huge faggot to be fair, Seattle skyline

The next morning I snuck back in through a window. The punk was asleep in divers room, the dead heads were asleep in their usual spot outside my room and the random black guy that'd been invited along was asleep in the bed in my room. I grabbed the last of my things and left.

Later, except for the transgenders the punk and the boyfriend, everyone including the random black guy apologized for their actions and said they'd wanted nothing to do with it. I met them all the following month around the city, as I continued to live a silly adventure in Seattle following them 'kicking me out'
>>
File: eVzIBQK[1].gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
eVzIBQK[1].gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>721329
>two transsexuals who had extremely rich families
mfw you could probably clock them from a mile away too
>>
>>721329
..socks?
>>
File: 14588627946190.jpg (149 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588627946190.jpg
149 KB, 579x1024
>>721329
The day after I left the squat the owner of the house called and asked if I'd gotten the lawn mowed yet. A few days prior he'd contacted wanting me to go borrow someone's lawn mower and mow the yard. Tried to keep it cool and tell him that was between new the kids in the house but told him it wasn't cool to just demand I mow the lawn in three days, given my position, or that I have any set up rules to go on at all, considering I made the place better and kept the bullshit out. But that was all beside the point, I hung up with him and contacted one of Zach's friends girlfriends to let the people in the house know they probably wouldn't have his permission anymore.

Months later I came back, as I'd mentioned in the beginning of all this. The house was filled with new kids. They told me diver stole one of the present kid's dog and sold it for meth, when the guy came after him in the ensuing fight Diver had a finger bit off. Zach was still in and out, though from elsewhere I heard Zach had been the one to bite off divers finger.

The house was also about to be emptied, like I mentioned before, the day I rolled through and checked on the squat after being gone was the same day they'd just been told to vacate by the police. I talked to the corner market owner and he said the locals were fed up with the bullshit from the tinkerers and the like. The previous work we'd done to the house was completely reversed, you couldn't even tell we'd taken trash out.

Later again I visted to find the house sealed well but the shed had been opened and mass of car tires had been piled outside leading to the shed. A third time diver's window had been broken and it was apparent someone used it as the main entrance. Another time, I showed up to find one plywood door swinging open in the wind, standing in the place of the former door. I believe this is how it was when I last saw it, last November. The room upstairs was cozy. The bank owns it for sure.
>>
File: 14588631229141.jpg (53 KB, 1024x100) Image search: [Google]
14588631229141.jpg
53 KB, 1024x100
>>721350
Oh fug shut it down

Are you asking why my socks were like that?
>>
>>721329
you look cute. wanna hike the long trail with me this summer?
>>
>>721357
no are you socks? you look just fucking like socks
>>
>>721377
i met you in missoula couple few years back? we drank mellow yellow and everclear and smoked some herb across from bodegas downtown.
>>
File: 14588653423164.jpg (228 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14588653423164.jpg
228 KB, 1024x768
>>721364
Maybe? I'm 14/f/cali, but we're going to have to make sure my dick can fit in your dick before we get to the trailhead.

>>721376
Fucking lel, who dis
>>
File: 14548970370960.jpg (364 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14548970370960.jpg
364 KB, 1024x768
>>721381
>>721382

Whoops. Yeah, that's me. I figured there'd be an anon or two who I knew. To be honest famalam I'd have to see you in person to know for sure who you are. Fucking quality memory you have. I meet a lot of people from that summer in Missoula.
>>
>>721388
it's all good that's fuckin funny. we just kicked it for a few hours then you went to crash at the dog park. i was on my way to bum around washington all summer with these two dreaded mamas.
the mellow yellow did it, i remember you telling me you had a stash of it out in the woods.
>>
File: 14588667029780.jpg (312 KB, 579x1024) Image search: [Google]
14588667029780.jpg
312 KB, 579x1024
>>721391
Fucking quality m8, I did have a stash out there. The original smooth. Lots of fun in that town, I almost got charged with disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace for eating my sandwich on the walkway above Caras park, above the stairs on the metal frame that once held canvas to protect the stairs from rain. The cops showed up, blocked all traffic in the bridge and demanded I get down immediately. I was almost too slow, so they started threatening charges.

I figured we must have only hung out for a few, sometimes it's like that, I'd probably remember your face if we met though. I think my name being so stupid and easy to remember contributes to why so many people don't forget it.

>Missoula from M hill, there's some other shots way further up itt
>>
>>713662
Just got back from Portland. Caught out to Hermiston and hitched the rest of the way. Never felt so cold, close to death, and thrilled in my life.
>>
>>721407
oh jeez the fuckers. last time i was there someone dosed all the travelers downtown and it was one of the $5 endless high life nights. some doogles got loose so there was a pack of 8 of the fuckers runnin around, ended up watching animal control try to catch them through the crowd and two of the oogles got arrested for fucking with em. good times.

made plans to meet up with you the next day but you know how that shit goes. i actually just bought a half size bus and am about to hit the road in it when i leave texas in a couple weeks.
>>
>>721222
Hippies, druggies and hipsters.
Who knew they tend to be crazy.
>>
>>721409
gotta take a dog to shove down in your sleeping bag
6 kids died last year on the train north from portland in the tunnel
>>
File: 14588687474380.jpg (98 KB, 1024x154) Image search: [Google]
14588687474380.jpg
98 KB, 1024x154
>>721411
Haha fuck, I'm surprised they bothered trying to catch them, but I guess that's probably an expensive dog. I ended up in a whole lotta weirdness in that town and promtly gtfo, haven't been back but I'm not avoiding it either. Before all that though it was great, playing music and hanging in the park with a pretty sweet group of kids who'd all just coalesced there within a week of eachother and hadn't planned to stay but wound up staying weeks anyway.

Congrats on the wheels, it's definitely a different experience, especially in a bus or an RV. Smart move getting a half size.

>>721418
>>721409
Being prepared and knowing the route is important.
>>
>>721414
>Who knew they tend to be crazy.
Hippies, druggies, an hipsters are just giving a bad name to the insane if you ask me.
>>
>>721427
only showed up because a bunch of drunk yuppie girls called it in haha. i've met quite a few good people going through missoula. met some train kids once, told em to camp by the river in the plush ass grass with the sprinklers. they actually appreciated the prank and we took 15 all the way down to utah together.

hell yeah. it was a steal too. goin straight back up to the northwest, gonna fuck around try and collect some folks for a traveling band and make my way out to slabs for next winter. i've been in nola and the midwest all god damn winter and i'm sick of it.
>>
>>721382
>we're going to have to make sure my dick can fit in your dick
i just wanted a hiking partner what the fuck is wrong with you, weirdo
>>
File: 14588697560290.jpg (272 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
14588697560290.jpg
272 KB, 1024x576
>>721432
Sorry to hear it, I spent my winter going from Seattle to San Francisco, before heading out to Arizona in January and February for the gem show/festival. Caught the valentine's gathering while I was out there too. You'll enjoy your bus, just make sure to check recreational vehicle parking laws whenever you're in a city.

>>721433
>can't handle the bants
And I wanted to go hiking with someone who's as tough inside as they are outside, sorry friendo
>>
>>721440
>can't handle the bants
tsk
where did you hear the gathering was in vermont?
>>
>>721442
Several people have told me that now, I believe it was the word at the Valentine's gathering. Namè mentioned it to me there. Have you heard otherwise?
>>
>>721440
i went through quartzite on way to slabs right at the ass end of the gem show. didn't stop, had spent the day before on saddle mountain collecting quartz and shit to trade the hippies for crap at slabs. spent a few days in tempe yelling at college kids. i had gone out that way with some kids in a vehicle and then we came back to nola where they pissed off some junk punks who beat them up and robbed em while i was off trying to find lsd. they told me over text message and left my ass there so i decided to hitch up to kcmo to hook up with the heartbreaker van at east wing. saw appalacian terror unit and got accused of grabbing some housies ass in the pit, fuckin little nazi squat queen spit in my face and i got the fuck out before it turned into a brawl.
then i went up to iowa and hooked up with this crazy fucking girl named kara who had a lazy eye and casually ripped three gashes in my neck with her witch claws for no reason as i was driving her car to montana. i left her in rapid city and hitched back down through kansas to kick it in el paso where i have been for a while.
did you happen to run into my dude magpie/malcolm down there? little black dude with dreads, plays guitar.
>>
File: jared-svenning[1].jpg (78 KB, 690x517) Image search: [Google]
jared-svenning[1].jpg
78 KB, 690x517
>>721451
>Have you heard otherwise?
'no'
>>
File: 14588728235350.jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14588728235350.jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
>>721455
Fucking hell, modern punk, it's such a fucking joke in most places. Like the hippies and the rest of the counter cultures, their exact spin on counter culture was bought and sold until it lost the core ideas surrounding what the culture and lifestyle was.

This is why I mentioned earlier how our generation might be the counterculture to end all countercultures, a lifestyle with the exact purpose to exhibit a reflection of modern life. This movement isn't fueled by angst and rebellion so much as it is the spirit of freedom. With so many paths prepared for us to walk down, we take the core behind all countercultures and apply it to create our own path which ends up looking like a slightly more responsible take on the merry pranksters.

We'll see where it goes.

>>721457
>'no'
'Oh'
>>
>>721455
Forgot to mention I didn't see your friend off the top of my head, but you know how it goes.
>>
>>721472
it's weird how the house punk/tranny squatter thing is happening hand in hand. i wound up at a trans squat in oakland where everyone is just fuckin straight off tumblr. people are so fuckin causy, i just wanna have a good time living a free life. i don't fuck with most folks, that's why i tend to remember the few who i kick it with one on one.
this shit is beautiful, i'm lucky as fuck to be able to do my thing and ill never stop loving it. even on the worst days life's never all that bad
>>
>>721482
it's always a shot in the dark. its still crackin me up that you've been the other resident tramp in these threads
>>
>>721486
>i just wanna have a good time living a free life.
>>
>>721486
Fucking hell i wanna leave right now. I just wanna step outside and be free.
But i still have to get my drivers license and finish my education. I cant fucking wait.
>>
>>721497
don't let anyone stop you
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.