[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here considered buying a bunch of land and setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: ez-tiny-house-austin-2br.jpg (222 KB, 1024x738) Image search: [Google]
ez-tiny-house-austin-2br.jpg
222 KB, 1024x738
Has anybody here considered buying a bunch of land and setting up a tiny home with solar power and gathering water from a stream? I'm thinking of buying land in eastern Washington and setting up a tiny house on a foundation rather than trailer, getting satellite internet, and being a semi NEET (I earn interest from my investments).
>>
>>710298
Well my dream is make lodsa of dosh and buy a large property and make a comfy large house there. Probably in the mountains.
>>
>>710302

You can buy a nice house in Washington on 10-20 acres surrounded by National Forest to also /out/ on for less than $500K. But I could buy 30-50 acres for less than $75K, build a small house for another $50K, and have more land to own. Which I figure won't make a difference if I'm surrounded by National Forests. But at least I can do what I want without a babysitter. Plenty of privacy to raise chickens, grow pot, shoot what I want, etc.
>>
>>710305
>Which I figure won't make a difference if I'm surrounded by National Forests.
And then one day a hippy was seen wandering in the forest next to Anon's land... And the next day two more. By July 4th there were thousands. Most obvious example of why I'd rather own the land.
>>
>>710336

>Eastern Washington
>spotting a hipster

Pick 1. This isn't Seattle or Vancuckland
>>
>>710343
hippy, not hipster. hipsters dont have the fortitude to actually stay in the woods for more than a day
>>
>>710305
I never left the country where I live but I have dreams (They are just silly dreams not plans).
>large property in the Mantiqueira mountains
>large property somewhere in the rockys, somewhere cold near canada
>I don't know why but I have a hard-on for the caucasus and central asia but I'd love to live and travel there. Maybe somewhere near the riviera.
>>
File: hipster-hunter.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
hipster-hunter.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>710401

Meanwhile in New England
>>
>>710298
No I don't think it's ever been considered all all ever..

>>699987
>>
>>710406
>pic
But why
>>
>>710484
Video games and city dwelling is too mainstream. Hipsters are buying tiny houses and moving into our playgrounds. I lived in a private neighborhood in the mountain surrounded by a Natural Forest in Virginia. There's about 30 lots on our road but 5 established homes. It's very quiet and private. I'm the only working person here. The rest are retied. Until about 5 years ago. 6 lots have been sold to little 20 some year old hipsters moving their tiny houses around. One literally had the balls to ask me to stop shooting animals last Winter because it's nothing but cruelty, I can easily buy my meat at a grocery store, and mentioned an organic grocery 45 minutes from here that he goes to.
>>
File: 1443796157078.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
1443796157078.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
>>710517

You should give him some venison steak and a deerskin or something like that as a gift and see how he reacts
>>
>>710517
What's the Fucking difference from killing your own deer and buying meat from a supermarket... At least you're not buying some cow that stands next to a feeding in the sun all its life being forced grain to fatten.
>>
No OP, it's only 1 out of every 5 new threads that are about that
>>
>>710540

Looked at the catalog and no it isn't. Only 1 thread is about living off the grid.
>>
>>710298
>/out/ - Outdoors
>House are /out/

The board you and >>699987 are looking for is >>>/diy/ or something.
>>
>>710517
>One literally had the balls to ask me to stop shooting animals last Winter because it's nothing but cruelty, I can easily buy my meat at a grocery store, and mentioned an organic grocery 45 minutes from here that he goes to.

You should have told him to go suck dicks with his faggot friends and leave the place to propper people.
>>
>>710517
I would have slapped that silly cunt right in the face like the woman he is. What was your response to him?
>>
I've definitely considered buying property far out there but my major concern is emergency services.
>>
>>710298
Fun fact: Tinyhouses of various formats are often illegal due to various zoning, building code, and health and safety regulations, depending on your state and county laws.

It is incredibly bullshit. I understand the value of building homes for sale up to code, so that some asshole can't just have electrical sockets that don't connect to anything and trick people and shit, and I'm sure if you made exceptions for "your own personal dwelling" some asshole would be milking that exception as hard as he could to make a quick buck. But it sucks regardless.
>>
File: IMG_20160305_131257748.jpg (5 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160305_131257748.jpg
5 MB, 2432x4320
My stabin' cabin. Its not as easy as you think it is living in the sticks shooting things for diet. Go ahead ask me questions. And yes I have plenty of wood to burn in the winter
>>
>>710857
4/20 construction
>>
>>710857
post dimentions pls
>>
>>710857
How much did it take to build? How long did it take?

Also >>710866
>>
>>710857

Hunting and fishing won't be my full diet, but at least 50% of it. I'll still go to Costco and buy in bulk once every month or two. And I was planning on building a small cabin if I couldn't a tiny house. Something with a main room and kitchen area and then a bedroom. I would have a composting toilet outside, a wood stove for heat, and solar panels for power. My budget is $200K for both housing, solar panels, land, etc.

Do you think it's doable?
>>
>>710768
>>710641
look at these hedonists who kill animals because they are scared to die.
>>
Its 10x12 inside dimensions, almost all the material was recycled construction stuff (recycled windows, main steel pole s, steel roofing, most the floor boards, ect). I helped my father build it on our 57 acres 10 years ago for about $1k, construction is more like 12/20, the inside needs drywall , but it has a wood stove, its rigged up with outlets and lights that you can hook a generator up to for power. I mainly use it for a hunting cabin during deer seas. I did once stay out there for 35 days. And it wasn't easy living. Although the first week/two was pretty magical getting back out there and just wandering around the woods with a rifle
>>
>>710881
Depends on where you want to be. Around Spokane, like any city, prices are high. Around Ione, you can get land cheap, but not near any lakes. Lots of NF land up in that area too, so you could probably find something bordering it. Idaho is generally cheaper and less dense (population), and there's probably more lenient building codes, but you'd have to deal with rednecks. Major minimum wage and cost of living difference too. We Spokanites frequently do our shopping in Idaho for that reason.
>>
>>710901

I would like to move to a state with lots of wildlife to hunt. I currently live in Virginia and there's really nothing but white tail deer.
>>
Alaska is the last paradise for hunting my friend :/
>>
>>710903
That's pretty much anywhere in Cascadia. A bigger concern would be hunting laws. In Washington you can't even hunt invasives without a license, which is fucking stupid; they should pay us to hunt down shit like nutria and eastern greys the way some southern states do.
>>
>>710857
>pd
how is sere school these days?
>>
>>710914

What about western Montana? Have you traveled that far?
>>
>>710925
Like fifteen years ago... I remember there were a hand full of little towns with genuinely friendly people (and I've hated Spokane ever since), but I hear that Montana has been overrun by yuppies and/or hipsters that think you can buy "rugged". And there's more mountain lions. But in my opinion everything along the 49°longitude is fucking cold, so this upcoming winter I'll be in California where nighttime temps in January are in the forties. Why did you want to live in eastern Washington?
>>
>>710935

Hunting
Fishing
National Forests
The only rocky mountain state with no state income tax
Invest in the marijuana business
>>
>>710937
It's a little late to get into weed. There's limited licenses and I'm sure they're back ordered for decades by now. Unless you meant invest in an existing one, in which case I don't think you have to live here for that. But if it were me, I'd invest in Philip Morris. It can't be too much longer before the rest of the country hops on the bandwagon and the big boys take over.

As far as hunting, fishing and NF land goes, near Ione would be a good area for that. Clean lakes, tasty trout, dense trees, well-mannered bears, etc.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.