[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Action /out/ cam thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Sj4000 plus vs xiaomi yi? Any screens, experience, green stories welcome
>>
Bumping for interest. I'm searching for one for urban exploring and just hiking as i moved to making videos of my travels than the boring old hundreds of photos.
Also whats the best mounting for action cameras in your opinion? I think having it in front of your chest would be the most practical but might the arms be in the way or something like that?
>>
>>709420
I bought a cheap chinese cam that had the same quality as my phone sony ericcson w300i had like 10 years ago... Ordered a head mount which i still have (camera sold tho) and from youtube i can tell head is better... Especially for fishing (my main reason) ... Any experiemced helping helpers here?
>>
>>709397
i got Eken H9, 1080p@60fps and pretty sharp image

also it doesnt cost shit, like half of the cams youre saying
>>
>>709447
Googlin it eight now... Post screens plZ
>>
>>709447
Can you add mic to it cuz sound seems terrible
>>
>>709397
Just get a current gen smartphone. Standalone digital cameras are becoming obsolete with the increase in quality of smartphone camera technology. I recommend the Nexus 6P, one of the best smartphone cameras on the market while also being a pure Google phone.
>>
>>709470
I own a phone already... Sticking pgone to your head to film and wife calling meanwhile is more than dumb...
>>
>>709397
I bought a Chinese knockoff of the (sj4000 I think?) and the battery lasted about ten minutes on a full charge. Because it was a knockoff, I couldn't find a replacement battery for it. Now it sits with the rest of my gear I don't use. I should have just bought a real gopro.
>>
>>709470
smart phones have shit image stabilizers. they are just too small to have anything decent. the thing that makes action cameras worth a damn, is "true color" capturing. and image stabilization. otherwise you get sea sick watching someones camera wobble around as they walk.
>>
>>709475
Consider airplane mode, my small headed friend.
>>
>>709470
>. Standalone digital cameras are becoming obsolete with the increase in quality of smartphone camera technology.
Maybe for selfies and cat pictures but not for real photography, iPhone 6 advertising hype notwithstanding.
>>
>>709397
Action cam? Good timing, I was thinking of buying a contour camera to mount to a helmet for skiing next season, anyone have experience with them?
>>
>>709953
>smart phones have shit image stabilizers.
Also shit low light performance. Also too much depth of field for artsy selective focus bullshit and bokeh. Also too wide angle for non-distorted portraits.
>>
>>709397
hey op buy one SJ5000+ or the "elite" model
Xiaomi yi is nice but no screen...
I have one SJ4000+ and i like it alot.. if you buy make a firmware upgrade.. many new functions
also film in "2k" resolution and have a Gyro.. alway try the models with "plus" or elite
>>
File: 182-FILE0806_.jpg (154 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
182-FILE0806_.jpg
154 KB, 800x600
>>710446
Been using them for years.
Originally ContourHD, now Contour Roam.

When I bought the ContourHD, it was either that or the GoPro. I didn't care for the GoPro's form factor, too likely to get caught on trees.
Contour sticks to the side of my helmet, low-profile and out of the way.

Company went through some turmoil a few years ago, as a result some of the parts are hard to find. I've been keeping an eye out for the low-profile sticky-back mounts for a year or two and the ones I do find are $50+.

They're stupid simple to use... switch forward = on, switch back = off. None of the "Is it recording? Is the red light flashing?" nonsense.
Do have to set it up beforehand - because of the minimal interface on the device (one button for status/lasers, and the on/off switch on top) the configuration for video/photo is made through a text file on a computer. Some of the higher-end models pair to a phone that'll let you change settings and preview the shot.

Don't expect DSLR-level shots from it... it's cameraphone quality at best. If you're after quality, there's better options out there. Performance for the price they're good.
>Pic related
>still need to plug it in and go through photos from yesterday
>>
>>711257
Thanks for the info, that sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not a big fan of the look of gopros as well, plus I would like the option of mounting night vision on my helmet eventually, and the most convenient way to mpunt a gopro takes up the nvg mount.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.