[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camp stoves: propane vs isobutane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
Is it possible to use a propane tank to fuel a backpacking stove that may use isobutane/propane mix?

I have a camp stove that uses those expensive isobutane tanks and want a more long term option, Ive been thinming of just using the propane tanks instead and wonder if it will still work on an isobutane stove, or do I need to buy a atove made for the propane?

Thanks.
>>
>>708998
If you're talking about the 1lb propane bottles, the fittings are different.

If you want a cheaper to operate stove, get an alcohol or white gas stove.
>>
>I have a camp stove that uses those expensive isobutane tanks

What? I can buy them for $8 and they last an entire 3 day trip. People spend just as much on those shitty Mountain House meals.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 256x192
>>708998
Yes, you can buy an adapter to use a stove designed for butane canisters with propane cylinders. They screw onto the cylinder then the stove screws onto the adapter. Potato quality pic related
>>
File: CAN.jpg (20 KB, 440x440) Image search: [Google]
CAN.jpg
20 KB, 440x440
>>708998
I've got an MSR pocket rocket, but can't really find anything at my local walmart that shares the same threadings. Does anyone buy any good propane/iso canisters from a business that every town and their mayor has?
>>
>>709014
You can order butane canisters from Walmart.com and have them shipped free to your local Walmart or shipped directly to your location. EZPZ
>>
>>709019
How do I know the threads of the canister will match from just online?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/MASTER-APPLIANCE-11799-Ultratane-Butane-Fuel-3-3-4-oz-Pk-4/41086133
>>
>>709022
The link you posted is not the correct one for your stove. You need the short fat canisters like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Butane-Propane-Mix-Fuel/20595064
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.