[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would survive the longest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: stroud-vs-grylls2.jpg (129 KB, 410x1023) Image search: [Google]
stroud-vs-grylls2.jpg
129 KB, 410x1023
Who would survive the longest?
>>
File: ray.jpg (41 KB, 320x302) Image search: [Google]
ray.jpg
41 KB, 320x302
>>708241
>>
Bear is a fucking joke.

Les puts himself in random situations and carries around 100lb of cameras instead of survival/out gear.
>>
>All that shit Bear does
Die with some fucking dignity
>>
Bear Grylls doesn't even "survive". His producer just takes him to random places in the woods to play out scenarios. He always has a camera crew with him carrying medical supplies, food, weapon for protection, etc. It's no more real than a MTV reality show.
>>
>>708271

Not to mention he was outed for staying in hotels at night after a day of filming.
>>
>>708253
>>708271
>>708296
yea. the point of bear gurdles isnt to fucking survive for a week in the woods. its to propose a situation and show a possible course of action. so stop comparing les and bear like theyre doing the same job, because theyre not. bear tells you how to do something, then stays at the comfort inn. he never said he was fuckin staying out there, wake the fuck up.
>>
>>709088
this
>>
>thinking Les is any better than Bear
Wew la
>>
>>708241
>implying somebody would insure him
>implying he'd have time to get out all those episodes
>implying it wasn't shown many times he is a fraud
>implying the show isnt a big lie

at least bear grylls is honest about his show
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJQ5QEAfyRNO7t5gpWfuDQ
>>
Bear grills has literally been to Antarctica alone, why do you guys think he is any less adept at survival just because he had a crew? The show wasn't advertised as a reality TV survival show, it was meant to be entertaining and somewhat educational.

Bear grills would survive easily if put in a survival situation, he was selected for the show exactly because he was capable of survival and much more. He is a veteran for crying out loud.

That survivor man guy is just someone copying bear grills.

Inb4 grylls
>>
>>709323
the 'bill nye' of survival
>>
>>709088
Right. Because he's not a survivalist, he's an actor.

You should never compare compare him with a real survivalist.
>>
>>709639
Exactly!
>>
Bear Grylls here, I am a big fraud. I hate my audience and my life. don't defend me, I'm not worth it.
>>
>>710125
What do you think you would have achieved with this post?
>>
Bear skills are not what he shows in a fucking TV show how can you be so stupid. He is a former S.A.S. and a Chief scout.
Oh he is also the youngest English man to climbed the Everest.

But he is also in a TV show, get used to it
>>
File: 32575_110-1080x675.jpg (103 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
32575_110-1080x675.jpg
103 KB, 1080x675
Ed stafford hands down. Most survivors go innawoods for like 3 days and just dont eat at all and try to find a way out.
Ed stafford goes in there for a long period of time, and wants to prove that he could survive there longterm. Hes not trying to find a way out, he settles down and tries to make life as good as possible for himself. Which is what a survival show should be about.

Survivorman is good too but hes too whiny at times. And he goes in with clothes and tools. Ed stafford uses literally nothing. Not even clothes.
>>
>>710141
Climbing everest isnt much of an achievement. Sherpas carry everything for you and youre just holding on to the ropes that the sherpas put out there for you.

All it says is that you're rich. It costs at least $25k.
>>
File: bear grylls btfo.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bear grylls btfo.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>
>>710225
Lol, more like this?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.