[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become an outdoorsmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 36t7Z0n.png (326 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
36t7Z0n.png
326 KB, 2560x1440
Hey guys, I have be inspired by the game Firewatch to become an outdoorsmen, but where do I start? This is my 1st time visitng this board. I'm currently living in the south east of England, can I have some advice?
>>
>>708125
We had this exact thread a few weeks ago
>>
>>708129
I'm not that guy and this is my 1st time on the board, so...
>>
>>708125
> inspired by a video game to go outside
Irony
>>
>>708125
>hey guys how do i go outside?
>>
>>708125
Read all the threads in the catalog. Then come back and ask more detailed questions. It really does begin with just going outside. Then overnight once you're comfortable with outside (tent/hammock/tarp, metal container, knife, lighter, cordage, food). You'll figure out what you need vs what you don't need pretty quickly. It would also help us help you if we knew where on the globe you are.
>>
>>708151
I said that silly
>I'm currently living in the south east of England
>>
>>708156
Missed that sentence on first read. Okay, so follow the remainder of my points and you'll be on the right path. Being /out/ isn't difficult, you just... go.
>>
>>708138
Atleast he's inspired
>>
>>708151
>Read all the threads
>>708160
>inspired
Y'all don't recognize a raid when you see one, even a lame attempt at a raid.
Slow board has like a dozen threads started all with dumb ass over cooked questions.
>>
Go and do it, just don't jump in head first. Start with some hiking, find good boots, jacket, pants, etc. Till your comfortable. Then get a sleeping bag, tent, hammock, pack, whatever floats your boat, and take it out for a night not too far out. Just take some baby steps and it'll all come rather natural
>>
It's not even an outdoors game.

Anyway, go outdoors. You're now an outdoors man. A noob, but still /out/
>>
>>708138
It's not that outlandish of an idea. I started getting into learning survival techniques after I played Metal Gear Solid 3 on the PS2. Years later, I can't get enough camping/hiking/bushcrafting to keep me satisfied. If that's what inspires someone to get /out/, then it's worth encouraging.
>>
>>708170

"raiding" a slow board

kek faggot
>>
OP I'm also in the south east of England (just about... Pompey). I get most of my adventuring by owning a boat. also settles my /diy/ lust nicely.

Tbh just find places to go walking. Maybe pick up an outdoor hobby that encourages you to be outside experiencing it (like fishing).
>>
>>708125
Step 1: go outside
Step 2: ???
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.