[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the advantages of putting a tent inside a larger tent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151006_133832_766.jpg (366 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151006_133832_766.jpg
366 KB, 768x1024
What are the advantages of putting a tent inside a larger tent?
Pros
>double insulation
>inside tent stays clean
>double rain protection
>double bug protection

Cons
>hard to get out
>have to set up two tents
>have to buy two tents
>>
>Yo dawg I herd you like carrying a lot of shit
>So we put a tent inside yo tent so you could get scoliosis while you backpack
>>
>>707847
I let my wife and her boyfriend sleep in the smaller tent inside the larger tent, and then I sleep in the larger tent just outside the smaller one.

She gets her privacy and I stay dry as well. It's a win-win.
>>
Well tarp over tent is a good idea although ur insulation isn't as air fight.

Tent for bugs

Tarp for water
>>
Invest in a better sleeping bag. A good tent is mostly mesh anyways so what the fuck is insulation about? Enjoy soaking your shit with condensation. Your inside tent won't stay clean no matter what. You're always going to drag leaves and dirt in unless you plan on stripping butt naked. A tent has nothing to do with rain protection. Tie your rain fly down real good. Bugs don't give a shit about 2 tents.
>>
cons
>have to carry and pack and buy two fucking tents. Better to just set your tent up right in the first place.
>>
>>707847
Con
>everyone thinks of you as an idiot
Pro
>joke is on them because its genius
>>
>>707851

Why don't you tripcode on /r9k/ fag?
>>
File: img-thing.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54 KB, 300x300
>>707851
>>
>>707847
i met some thumb bums that were living in the woods by an on ramp, they had a big tent with a little tent inside. little tent was bedroom, other half of big tent was living room. they got carpet for the floor and chairs and everything. it was a sweet setup.
>>
>>707856
I tried to shitpost on /r9k/ once and it wouldn't let me because of their anti-normie rules.
>>
>>707859

Just be as ironic as possible. Blame women being whores for being a virgin.
>>
>>707851
Cuck camping is an underrated activity. If any of my wife's boyfriends are too busy to join us, I just let her fuck a pine tree branch so I can lick up the sap afterwards.
>>
>>707867
I agree. But even camping without the wife can be enjoyable. Last weekend I took my wife's son camping. We went fishing and he caught a bunch of nice walleye. I took a picture and sent it to his father and he was so proud.
>>
>>707847
Ya know, /out/ used to be a great fucking board. A place to get away from the memes and bullshit and cuckposting etc. Our memes were subtle and in good fun. Out threads were informative and interesting, even when arguing about ray mears or wranglerstar or memeraven and gransfors and moras and batoning.

You people have fucking ruined it.
>>
File: TurduckenRolls.jpg (445 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
TurduckenRolls.jpg
445 KB, 1024x683
>>707847
>sleeping inside a tent inside a tent

so it's like a turducken except a... tentcuckin
>>
>>707847
It's like putting two condoms on.
Stupid.
>>
>>707923
This is brilliant
>>
>>707847
>what is a rainfly
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.