[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posting this on here because you guys are my favorite board and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: foam-cooler.jpg (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
foam-cooler.jpg
13 KB, 500x500
Posting this on here because you guys are my favorite board and also many of you probably have experience with this.

I need to make an emergency road trip from Atlanta to New Jersey on Saturday. Drive is about 13 hours straight without stopping, so with breaks and whatnot, I'm going to say it'll be closer to 15 hours.

I have frozen and cold food that I need to bring with me on this trip. Could a foam cooler like this packed with ice keep my food safe for that long?
>>
>>>/trv/
>>
Yeah it'll be fine but can you really not go 13 hours without cold food and drinks?
>>
>>707386
Yes. Grab some soda bottles/juice bottles, fill them with water, freeze them, and place them in and around your food. You can even set them around the cooler itself and cover everything with lots of blankets/pillows.

Even 24 hours is like nothing really. Unless you mean shrimp, Popsicles and ice cream. lol In which case use the method I described.
>>
what do you need to bring that you can't just buy in nj?
>>
>>707406
>>707417
Down here for work and got laid off with 3 days notice. I went on a big grocery trip before I knew this and my freezer is packed with food.

So I don't need it for the ride, I just need to bring it with me because there's like $80 worth of frozen stuff in there
>>
>>707386
yes but be careful they are fragile
>>
>>707459

So where were you living? Why can't you stay there until you've eaten all your food and then go?
>>
>>707386
yes. I'l recommend freezing a large pieve of ice in tupperware immediately as a large piece of ice will last longer
>>
File: 20160308_090707.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20160308_090707.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Simple solution because everyone in this thread is pants on head retarded.

Just stop for new ice half way. Nearly every gas station and grocery store sells ice in bags for 5 or less.
>>
>>707386
I know people in the foodservuce industry that transport food in cooler like those but slightly more durable. They use dry ice though. You hit a bump when that things loaded down it will break like easy. Lots of grocery stores sell dry ice and it's not too expensive.
>>
>>707635
>paying for something that isn't needed if you simply do it right in the first place

Ice deliveryman detected.
>>
>>707627
Currently staying in an extended stay hotel until Friday, and I'm a contractor, so my next assignment requires me to be back up north on very short notice.

>>707635
Didn't think of that actually. I was going to try and use those gel ice packs but I only have 3 of them, so I will definitely need to supplement for ice.
>>
> Atlanta to NJ

Fuck you man, you aren't even on my planet!
>>
>>707650

I don't know what nigger heat you're used to but it was 75 in jersey today. You could smell the jews a mile away.

I'm assuming op didn't freeze snickers and kitkats.
>>
>>707832
105F 95% humidity summers here. This >>707412 is what I do for trips and camping and it works very well for frozen chicken. 75F-80F good working weather.
>>
>>707641
+1 for the dry ice. If you have stuff that really needs to stay frozen solid, regular ice won't work.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.