[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going on a 3-4 day hike through Northern Scotland with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: hiking.jpg (261 KB, 890x900) Image search: [Google]
hiking.jpg
261 KB, 890x900
I'm going on a 3-4 day hike through Northern Scotland with a friend of mine in about 3 weeks. Not got much experience, but have a decent list of items. Would appreciate any advice or commonly missed item suggestions.
>>
File: TIYqu.jpg (104 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
TIYqu.jpg
104 KB, 720x537
>condoms
>lube

You guys have fun!
>>
>>707285
>implying these are not already on the list

secks is of gr8 importance
>>
It would help if we knew what was on the list in the first place.
>>
>>707315
>A tent
>A sleeping bag
>A thermal sweater
>Gas burner + cannisters
>Water (tank + waterbottles)
>Lighter, matches
>Trail food
>Boots
>Undergarments x5 (socks - woolen)
>Shirts x3
>Trousers x2
>A jacket
>Swiss army knife
>Gloves
>Fleece
>Dishes, pots, and cutlery
>Thermal flask
>Alarm clock
>Hats (thermal as well as a light one)
>Map and compass
>torch/flashlight
>pen and paper
>bug spray
>some medicine (for stomach, fever and headaches) and a medkit
>a raincoat
>hygene items such as toothbrush, paste, shampoo, deodorant
>swimming shorts
>towel
>extra pair of shoes/boots
>ALMOST FUCKING FORGOT TOILET PAPER!!!!!11!!one! - probs one of the most important items
>glasses case
>duct tape
>water purifier
>extra batteries
>sun cream
>backup battery for phone
>>
>>707321
>Alarm clock
But why? Just wake up when the sun does. And I assume you will have a phone, which in these days they all have a built in alarm function.
>hygiene items
Your going to be outside for 3-4 days, go swim in a creek, and don't bring shampoo and shit /out/side wtf, that's poison in a bottle to nature.
>swimming shorts
Whats the point of bringing all that underwear if you aren't even going to swim in it?

I'd think about what you really need before you try to put more stuff with it.
>>
>>707321
>extra pair of shoes/boots
wat
>swimming shorts
no, improvise
> Trousers x2
wat x2
>Undergarments x5
you are there for 4 days...

I have a feeling you're overpacking.

anyhow, scotland is rich with water, think more about purification (I think you can just boil da water) and laundry than taking extra clothing and canisters.

add: whiskey, something againts the midges (they'll fuck you up), and two hiking poles.

and be nice, the scots fowk are awesome.
>>
souds sound, much appreciated
>>
You have a lot of stuff... I'd ditch the jacket, if it gets very cold wear your raincoat over your fleece. Also a fleece AND a thermal sweater? Pick one I say. I would only bring one pair of pants and shirt too.

I see "trail food" on your list but I'm curious what are you going to eat specifically?

Have fun sounds like a nice trip.
>>
>>707354
By trailfood, I would get dry rations like oatmeal for breakfast, soup for lunch etc, also snacks like snickers and pita bread (I think it's called)
>>
>>707321
I don't see baby wipes on that list...
>>
Anything that is not Heinz beans or Smidge is useless trust me i did a 3 month trip last year in Scotland.

Where are you going btw ? I'm kinda curious.
>>
>>707389
around Aviemore, not too far from Inverness
>>
>>707392
Alright ! i was more focused on the Highlands so i never had the chance to go in the Cairngorms park.
For 3-4 days i suggest you don't get too much stuff so you can enjoy to walk without having to worry about weigh.
Beans are lifesaving, take a couple of cans.
Have fun lad.
>>
>>707400
Very much appreciated
>>
Does anyone have experience with hiking in Norway ?
>>
>>707365
>oatmeal
>sweater
You are leaving America to do a 3 day hike in Scotland?
>>
>>707293
OP here, yes absolutely agree. We are both homosexuals so it will be game on.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.