[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on me cheaping out and buying this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (78 KB, 385x500) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
78 KB, 385x500
What are your thoughts on me cheaping out and buying this?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wear-resistant-Outdoor-Climbing-Package-50-L-Unisex-Sports-Bag-Large-Capacity-Backpack-Travel-Tourism/32564834024.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_4_505_506_503_504_10020_502_10001_10002_10017_10005_10006_10021_10003_10004_10022_10018_10019,searchweb201560_8,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_-1&btsid=c4d40787-36e4-45cd-86e9-b78e2ff5af23

Could you recommend a grey 50L bag with molle straps that isn't actually 36L plus pouches, The cheaper the better.
>>
>>707142
You're on /out/. Sell your house or pull a second mortgage to buy gear or gtfo. People buying milsurp or tacticool are generally made fun of.

With that out of the way, give it a shot. If it works for you, great. If not, sell it and try another. Good luck.
>>
File: nf-40216.jpg (174 KB, 1475x803) Image search: [Google]
nf-40216.jpg
174 KB, 1475x803
I can sugest NORFIN TACTIC series.... I own Norfin tactic 40... Plenty of space... You can get Norfin tactic 70 in pic. Great brand and good quality... Costs around 65-70eur
>>
>buying anything on aliexpress ever

nope
>>
>>707162
Phones, and sunglasses are good
>>
What are your thoughts regarding CamelBak, Milsurp and Sandpiper of California?

I'm looking for something I can use as a bug-out bag so I'm looking at camo-gear like O.P.
>>
>>707194
If it's good enough for the military it'll be good enough for you; CamelBak, and Sandpiper of California, If they sell them in stores they are probably usable, Not like you're buying some no name shit off a Chinese website
>>
>>707142
I haven't bought anything from ali-express but I get chinese camping gear off ebay all the time. Ali is a lot better for distributors, and you can often get the same shit for the same price on ebay either out of hong kong or with quicker USA shipping. Most backpacking backpacks on ebay are about $40

I'd say judging my the camo pattern that you're a dude and you should be looking for a 60-75L bag instead of 50L, since they are more versatile.
>>
>>707366
>you should be looking for a 60-75L bag
Trying to go for a minimalist approach
>>
>>707395
The weight differences are truly negligible and if you ever want to go for a week or longer innawoods, you'll appreciate the extra space for food and water. Also OP bag picture doesn't even have a waist belt.
>>
Unisex=semi-comfortable
>>
>>707142
>aliexpress
Dear lord
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (140 KB, 674x488) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
140 KB, 674x488
>>707464
It has a waist belt and the reason I want a 50L with molle is I can add pouches
>>
>>707471
I know, My thinking was if the quality is terrible I could reinforce the interior with duct tape.
>>
>>707142
its fake
>>
>>707484
horrible thinking, it will fall apart and be sticky instead of just falling apart
>>
The two things I would never cheap out on are boots and my pack. If you are like me, you are hiking 10-20 miles a day. The last thing you want is an uncomfortable backpack or boots.
>>
>>707482
Don't you think there is a reason that the most successful hikers and mountaineers in the world don't carry molle packs? Isn't there a reason why REI the biggest ourdoor retailer in the US doesn't have any bags with molle straps?

Muh guess is, that outdoorsmen want a balanced and centeral load over addons which could have been thrown in stuff sacks in the main compartment anyways, not to mention the water resistance of one pocket bags vs every fucking wet seam of your molle bags... This isn't Cock of Duty Modern Gay Fuck Stupid, its walking around outdoors. You don't need molle pouches for your ammunition and external med kit. You need space for food. Good luck carrying a weeks worth of food hanging a foot behind your backpack from a daisy chain of expensive nylon molle straps.
>>
>>707534
>Cock of Duty Modern Gay Fuck Stupid
Nigger, could you be more assmad, please?
>>
>>707534
Bet you're the sort of cunt who spends $500 on tarp and $170 on socks
>>
File: RINKKA.jpg (183 KB, 492x800) Image search: [Google]
RINKKA.jpg
183 KB, 492x800
https://www.varusteleka.fi/fi/product/hollantilainen-jalkavaen-rinkka-sivutaskuilla-dpm-ylijaama/9804
i just ordered this
>>
>>707142
We all gotta start somewhere. A stitching awl is good to have though if you like cheap bags.

>>707153
>People buying milsurp or tacticool are generally made fun of.

Not really, only people who prefer milsurp and pay a premium for it get made fun of. Tacticool deserves to be made fun of whichever side of the fence you're on.
>>
>>707142
It'll probably fall apart within a few months just sitting around, why not spend an extra 100 more and get a Kelty Redwing?
>>
>>707959
>not buying 15 pairs of wool socks on clearance
WEW
>>
>>707534
Problem is, the current fashion is for packs with almost no attachment points at all, or if they have them it's specialized for a specific function or proprietary accessories. So if you want a versatile general use pack you can maybe strap a water bottle, sleeping bag, wet raincoat, snowshoes or skis to if an unforseen need arises, and you don't have a time tunnel back to the mid '90s, it's molle or nothing.

And while I don't really like camo or coyote, it's still better than the fugly garish mid-'80s colors or fake retro '70s canvas and leather look that all the bags seemed to have when I was at MEC yesterday.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.