[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have really bad anxiety. does it get better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1456010513297.jpg (215 KB, 2098x1180) Image search: [Google]
1456010513297.jpg
215 KB, 2098x1180
Does anyone else have really bad anxiety. does it get better. Im 22 and Im stuck in this rut... I was in University and at the end of first year I got a job 1000 miles away planting trees in the great White North... after my contract I returned home and the rest of the summer passed and I returned to school, dropped out 2 weeks in and went back to 40 hour grind . My rut is that every spring I quit whatever job im at because the day to day wares/social interaction..people complaining about co workers... celebrities, price of groceries. blah. I feel so dissconnected..panic attacks for NO REASON....
so I leave and plant trees.
When will I want a routine, when will routine not make me a nervous wreck. dont get me wrong I work at one of the greatest most generous companies ...but the other guys in their 40's are stressed as fuck too. its Costco. greatest pension, highest rate of pay for unskilled all benefits... and theyre still pessimistic. that scares me because theyre all telling me to stay for the money but idc about money if I feel like this for 7 odd months out of 12
... or are some people just not cut out for suburbs and bar chicks and doing the same thing everyday in the same place
sorry if the post is a bit scatterbrained...you get the point though

tl;dr Is it possible to be happy in the stale 9-5 world we have made for ourselves. (if youre single and dont mind being a bum)
>>
Existentialism. Start there. The more you dig the worse it gets, no cure bro, I've been in the state you're describing for 8 years now. See you on the other side.
>>
I've lived and worked rurally all my life (27 now). Since leaving the daily forced social interaction of education I've slowly become more and more detached as the years go by. In my work I speak to maybe 2 or 3 people a week for a few seconds at most and can go for days where I'll speak to no one but my old man for 5 minutes about work related stuff (we have a small agricultural mechanic shop). I dread heading into town and even more to big cities, it's not that I'm scared of it, I'm just so unused to it. Social skills are certainly something you can lose.
>>
>>706138
Read philosophy, go /out/, avoid people. Honestly OP, it wont get better. They world makes less sense and is less fun the further you go.
>>
I'm the same age and I can understand where you're coming from. You need to understand that this can be one of the shittiest times of adjustment for young people. It's where you figure out what the fuck you're gonna do for the rest of your life and it all looks pretty miserable.

It's pretty stupid, but it feels like I'm becoming almost a misanthrope these days. I only really feel safe and at peace when I'm alone out in the woods or somewhere quiet. Being around people makes me uncomfortable and I hate talking. I've been quite seriously mentally ill since I was a child and spend a lot of time alone these days. Sometimes I won't speak to anyone for weeks except maybe my mum or a friend, and at the moment I like it that way. I can't hold a job at the moment but I am working very hard every day to get better and to be able to provide for myself. I've got a hard road ahead of me but there is a lot I want to do and make before I die. Just gotta keep trucking along. 22 is very young in the grand scheme of things and there is a lot I need to learn. You only get one tiny little flicker of conscious carbon-based life in the stream of eternity, may as well make the most of it.

Philosophy can be helpful I guess. I'm partial to a mix of Zen, mindfulness and nihilism. Gives me a lot of comfort. Just don't get too sucked into it. Use it as a guide, not a Bible. I like the quiet. I like simple pleasures. Take it one day at a time. It'll be alright man, just keep working at it.
>>
>>706138
>Does anyone else have really bad anxiety.
Used to, not as bad now.
>does it get better
Depending on whether you're willing to put in the effort it certainly can.
>panic attacks for NO REASON
That's how they are. Breathing exercises work if you do them.

Get a book on dealing with anxiety/panic attacks, makes it a lot easier to fix yourself when you have a baseline on figuring out why and how.
>>
>>706420
>>706516
>>706292
>>706322
Thanks for responses.
I guess thats a lot of where the feeling comes from. Knowing everyone around me is kinda miserably pulling themselves along . I just feel like if I skipped the whole "work untill you can afford to live like you were when you were working but now your not" narrative. I think If i can cut ties with all responsibility... grab a couple planting contracts every here and again... i mean my social skills are good, I enjoy a lot of peoples company and I know they enjoy mine..not to sound arrogant...its just im just a nervous wreck. scares the shit out of me hearing you guys say it only gets worse lol. But I think what youre showing me is that no matter which direction you go how you feel about it and how much it means to you or how much it meaning anything to you matters is the only factor in our personal struggles
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455285855528.jpg (16 KB, 480x541) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455285855528.jpg
16 KB, 480x541
>>706138
Read the Myth of Sisyphus by Camus
Or
Thus Spoke Zarathustra by Nietzsche

Pessimistic nihilistic philosophy is a guilty pleasure, but existentialist writing about overcoming meaninglessness and rebelling against the absurd or the human condition are a good way to move forward.
>>
>>>/b/
>>>/r9k/

sage
>>
>>706829
I was one of the posts you referenced. I know people dontmlike hearing religious stuff, but i am dead serious here. I found that the lack of reason in the world comes from the fact that there is nothing to give it reason. Atheist philosophers say man can give reason to the world, but i think this is demonstrably untrue. If nature is inherently meaningless, then no part of nature can truly give it meaning, it can only pretend to. The only way that nature can have meaning is if it was created by something and its creator gave it meaning.

This isnt an attempt to prove God's existence. What I am saying is that either the universe is meaningless and random or it is given meaning by God. I personally go with the latter. The meaning in my life comes from my faith.
>>
>>706979
Yeah I know what you mean...The only logical scenario for any of this to exist is the presence of something above nature.
God is logically supernatural
>>
>>706836
This thread is about widespread mental illness in modern working men and the possibility of segregation being a temporary or long-term remedy.
segregation being sustainable living with less responsibility
>>
>>707310
>bla bla bla whiny faggot bla bla bla
is not in the sticky

GTFO
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.