[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /out. I actually posted this sometime last year, but I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: mean dog.jpg (10 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
mean dog.jpg
10 KB, 211x239
Hey /out. I actually posted this sometime last year, but I just today had an issue with it again, and had to make sure I'm not crazy.

I have a problem with unleashed dogs in my local park when I go out for runs along the trails.

This park has very clearly posted signs advertising the leash law. It is not a dog park. Yet zero people use leashes at this park. As soon as a dog sees me on the trail, it instantly goes aggressive, chases me, and would bite me if I didn't defend myself. How do I KNOW they would bite me? Because I got bit 3 times in this park before I started defending myself.

Let me be clear, I love dogs. I grew up with a dog until she died when I was 13, I cried when she died. But I have been given no other option, and now when I get attacked, I smack the dogs in the face with a padlock tied to rope. Then the owners act like I'm the asshole. Seriously?

Please tell me what I should do guys.
I should not have to stop going to my local park for jogs just because assholes don't want to follow the law.

I don't feel good about this, it totally ruins my run and makes me feel bad about myself. But I refuse to change my behavior. I love this park and running in it is one of my favorite things to do.

What would you do?
>>
>>705499
Ask /an/
>>
>>705502

never been there but I'm assuming they love animals more than people and would just call me an asshole
>>
>>705499
Mace
You can mace the dogs and if the owners take serious issue with it and try to fight you or something you can mace the owner of need be

Obviously it's better to not mace anything but the damage wouldn't be permanent to doge or owner if need be probably some bear mace
>>
File: Light-mace1.jpg (38 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Light-mace1.jpg
38 KB, 1024x1024
>>705509
Pic related
>>
>>705509

Thanks I've been thinking about mace. Today was the first time I used the padlock on a rope, I smacked the dog good and it made me feel like shit about myself...but it was about to jump right for me snarling mouth open and everything.

One of the worst parts is the owners actually. After I hit the dog today, the owner started rushing me, I had to point and very aggressively shout "if you touch me I will seriously fuck you up". That made me feel like shit too. But what else could I do? I'm literally defending myself from physical harm at this point.
>>
Puppers are fine and will not hurt you, if that ever happens you sue the shit out of the owner and get a fuckton of free monies
>>
>>705512
Pepper spray/mace, spray dog, spray aggressive owner, call police, preferably video in on your phone if you can.

I've done this 4 times now, both dog and owners. It always ended with owner arrested for dog off leash and public menace. Dog removed from owner by animal services. No charges or trouble for me. Word got around, 95% are leashing now. I carry 2 cans of spray and won't hesitate if an offleash animal comes within 3 feet of me.

Good luck anon. Arrogant, ignorant animal owners are worse than parents with precious snowflake children.
>>
>>705538

Thanks man your words really mean a lot to me. Mace it is then. Any advice? I have no experience with mace. Should I just go with full on bear spray and hope word gets around?
>>
>>705499
Does no one remember the ultra sonic dog detterents that can be bought ? Little device , battery operated, press the button and transmits a frequency that you can't hear but drives dogs nuts.
>>
>>705570
That's what I'd do, personally. Get something that's got a ton of capcasin in it, like bear spray. It's like eating a ghost pepper, so it wears off, and no harm done. The sprays that are tear gas can cause trouble. Worse yet, they don't always work.
>>
File: image.jpg (468 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468 KB, 1536x2048
>>705512
Padlock is kinda fucked up. I would do mace.

I love dogs though and never have a problem with them. You must give off some special vagina smell that doges hate. But special snowflake owners are fucktards so I would love to see you mace the dog and then the owner. And make sure you record the agitated owner "for evidence" and then post it here.
>>
File: mace.jpg (64 KB, 564x700) Image search: [Google]
mace.jpg
64 KB, 564x700
mace
get a dog whistle as first a hands free & harm free thing.
but also get mace,2 cans, they only spray a few seconds, and in panic you might waste it in one blast.

im 6'3 and have a deep as fuck voice and can scare some dogs away by raising my hand like for a throw and aggressive stance. works on most strays in 3rd world countries.

owners might get mad but are fucked, pets are items /thing in front of the law. all owners do is yell stop and the dogs name, followed with he never does that, this is the first time, he just wanted to play yadda yadda.

also start recording as soon as possible if something happens.
>>
>>705499
I hear the ATF has some pretty good scores for this kinda thing
>>
>>705509
Coming from a dude whose dog got maced because it was trotting up to say hello to a person and they blasted my dog.

I'll fucking beat you like I beat my dick when I'm trying to break a fap record, that's my family and unless you know for sure that dog is going to bite you, you are just being a coward faggot and I'll light you up for hurting my dog.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>705762
Put your dog on a leash nigger.

That's coming from somebody who has two little shit dogs. One likes to bark a lot with strangers, and even though he is <10lbs, if somebody maced his ass because they were a pussy and afraid of this tiny dog, I wouldn't hold it against him. I should've had him on a leash in a public place like that if I didn't feel like I had enough control to call him back away from a stranger who is afraid.
>>
>>705762
Do you leash your dog when legally required?

Or are you one of those "buddy was a good boy he dindu nuffin! He wuz just on his way to da pet shop! Need mo money fo dem dog treats!"
>>
>>705762
>I'll fucking beat you like I beat my dick
Then enjoy your face full of spray.
And enjoy your arrest, and enjoy animal control taking your doggie from you.
most of all, enjoy me smiling and laughing at you.
>>
>>705499
You are me anon

Carry a light stick. Anything that will give you space between you and the dog.

Let me be clear, you are not going to hit them. You are just going to create space with it.

You point it at the dogs face, that's it.

Dogs are intelligent and eventually they'll recognize you.

I would not mace them. That's beyond negative reinforcement.

If you want to go a little bit further, rub the stick with your socks, t-shirt, whatever after a run, they will learn to recognize your odor, and keep away from you way before they see you on the trail.

Besides, it all adds up in terms of HIIT.

Hope it helps
>>
>>705499
were you the guy that was getting his arm bit and the owner walked up and played it off like nothing happened?
>>
File: image.jpg (839 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
839 KB, 3264x2448
>>705786
>>705782
>b....but muh speshul snowflake doge wouldn't hurt anybody!

They're still animals.
>>
>>705508
/an/ here.
This happens to me too. People will even tell me that their dog is stranger aggressive after it lunges or won't let me pass. And it's not a secluded park, it's very busy and backs up to an elementary school. Yet people still bring their known agressive dogs off leash there.

Now reading a dog is very difficult, and much harder to do when your nerves are up and you don't have much time to recognize all the signs. A single sign doesn't necessarily mean one thing. For example, hackles raised is often thought of as aggression, but it can also be in interest and curiosity. It's the mix of them all together that gives you a good idea on what they are thinking. A mix of signals that you are unsure of, like wagging tail while snarling, means the dog is probably unsure of how to feel, too. Charging dogs can be charging because they see you as a threat and want to get the 'jump' on you, or because they are excited to see you and untrained. I'd say the biggest thing to look for is stiff body; wiggly body is not in prime attacking position. But it can be hard to tell.

Whenever you get bit, if it draws blood you should really get ACO involved. One of these days you can get bit and get an infection. Plus it puts the dog on a 10 day bite hold and may make the owners pay a fine, maybe teach them a lesson.

I carry a walking stick. Something sturdy that gives you range, you can use as a 'break stick' if you have to, but mostly to give the dog something else to focus on instead of your legs. Don't wait until the dog is on top of you to hit it; use it to create space.

It's super dangerous to have an untrained dog off leash because other people have the right to walk their dog-aggressive dogs off leash. If your dog doesn't have good re-call, it could be ripped by a dog (or end up ripping the dog) and it will be 100% 'un-contained' dog's fault, even if the other dog was the aggressor.
>>
I mean the basic shit if it's wagging it's tail it's probably a playful dog wanting to play usually when dogs see people running they think you wanna play chase but to stop it if a dog is trying to bite get behind it and grab it's collar and grip tight not choking but holding its head down close to the floor and don't hit the dogs that's just gonna piss the dog off even more hit the owners
>>
>>705771
>>705782
>>705786
He was on a leash faggots.
And you will be very fucking dead before any police arrive, regardless of what spray you have you fucking cunt.
>>
>>705865
Sounds like a good idea
>>
>>705865
>yfw the police shoot you and your dog
Nigger
>>
>>705872
>>>/pol/
>>
I used to be a mailman and we got training on this shit. They give all mailmen on walking routes mail satchels that you are supposed to carry on you at all times so that you can hold it between you and the dog quickly (there's a technique you learn, it works well actually). Supposedly having a good sized object between you and the dog will make the dog stop, or bite the bag. We also carried "dog spray", I'd carry this shit all the time but not the bag because the bag slowed me down. The dog spray has a clip on the side of it and it would clip onto my right pocket so I can grab it immediately. Got charged once and was able to grab it in time.

Bear spray can also work, but it's a bit larger and heavier, but that 40ft range makes you feel like a man. Also, since this is /out/, you should consider a high powered shotgun while you go jogging
>>
>>705872
I'm white, cop will shake my hand and tell me good job for putting you in the dirt, mayor will give me a key to the city for clearing out your vagrant ass.
>>
>>705886
>implying you're not a white nigger
White people are more likely to be killed than black people as a percentage of interactions, anyway.
>>
>>705499
another vote for mace. dont hit dogs with locks in socks.

on a side note, there used to be these little yappy dogs this dickface neighbor would let out when he saw kids playing in the street or riding a bike past. looked allot like these >>705597 . anyway, i was like 8 and these dogs would run out of the house with dickface standing in the doorway wearing his robe and boxers. i tried to kick them once and i fell off my bike and they ripped the shit out of my jacket until he whistled. none of the parents in the neighborhood believed us so me and 2 other kids got an idea to get the demon spawn. we obviously didnt have mace, but we had lemon juice and if you've ever got that shit in your eye you know it sucks ass.
so we ride our bikes 3 kids deep nice and slow down this street. sure enough here comes creeper asshole in his robe letting his dogs out. all 3 of us are packing bottles of lemon juice. we stop and wait for these fluffy demon spawn dogs to get close to us and throw our bikes down all at once making a blockade. this only works long enough for us to get out the lemon and drench the bloodthirsty ankle humpers. meanwhile dickface sees us squirting his dogs and comes running to their defense screaming his ass off like some 26 year old skinny cartman.

cont.
>>
File: index.png (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.png
4 KB, 259x194
>>705926
the dogs are totally blinded at this now and are running around whimper screaming and tripping over themselves but now we have an old crotchy man running at us. me and friend 1 grab our bikes and start getting the fuck out of there but friend 2 is bat shit crazy and hates the shit out of these dogs. also i think he was a crack baby because his mom was on drugs and was bat shit crazy for sure.
anyway, old man is charging at full nut swingin' speed and friend 2 lemons him right in the fucking face. meanwhile, one of the other neighbors who is slightly less crazy but still old and senile runs out to see wtf is going on in the middle of the street. dickface is completely blind at this point and friend 2 gets close enough to lemon this mother fucker right in his shriveled up man meat and dickface screams this bloodcurdling old man scream the likes of which i have not heard again to this day.
old man 2 comes up trying to get a hold of friend 2 but he is not fucking having it. he lemons old man 2 in the face and jumps on his bike and we all 3 get the fuck out of there.
neither of these old bastards knew where we lived so we all got off scott free. we found out later that dickface called the cops over this incident and one of his dogs tried to attack one of the men in blue, sending it straight to the doggy gas chamber.

anyway lemon works too if you dont want to spring for mace.
>>
File: 0.jpg (44 KB, 512x510) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
44 KB, 512x510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUC7oFVYB4
>>
File: i'm not afraid but WHATTHEFUCK.gif (1 MB, 200x163) Image search: [Google]
i'm not afraid but WHATTHEFUCK.gif
1 MB, 200x163
>>705570
>>705593
>bear spray
That's WAY fucking overkill - besides these cans are usually quiet large, so barely an option for runnning. Never used tear gas, but i'd say 1 small can of pepper spray is just fine. You'd be surprized how damn effective it is, if you don't believe me get a small can and spray at a tree or wall or something from some yards away and you'll notice that your own eyes will start burning a little from the portion that gets repelled by said tree. This gives you a vague idea about the terror when you actually hit a dog / pissed off owner in the face.
>guy is a martial art trainer, pretty resistant to pain, prepared to it and doesn't open his eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhZvvR1Xx-w
>>
>>705865
well if he was on a leash it looks like it was your mistake, he got sprayed,

pro tip:
if your dog misbehaves dot let it near other people, same if the people in your area are retard, keep you dog away. take two to tango.

also its not like in the movies, where you can fight through the pain, you wont see shit, your lungs will constrict, you will cry like a bitch, cough, blink 20 times a second and try to puke all the same time. and then you will try to beat me up ? haha yeah sure
>>
If it's legal in your area why not carry a little 9mm? It will wreck an attacking dog/the owner won't try fucking with you
>>
>>705865
>you will be very fucking dead before any police arrive
Of course that is a possibility but I highly doubt it. What type of training do you have?
>>
>>705762
>>705865
Sounds like you let the guy go just like you would for anyone else who did the same
>>
This seems like you're overreacting desu. I don't really believe that there's a whole Park of free roaming dogs that are all biting you out of the blue but w/e

if dogs are seriously biting you then spraying them with mace or pepperspray is fine. So is punching their noses if they lunge. Yelling at them to back away is usually the first step, if dog doesn't fuck off after you shout, then you can use the other tactics. If it bites you, then owner can't do shit about you defending yourself, but please don't be that guy macing all the dogs in the park because you get a little spooked.

Having some sort of barrier like a backpack or small rucksack also works to defend against bites
>>
>>706040
Seems a tad extreme
>>
>>705762

It's people like you that makes me feel like I'd instantly have to mace the owner as well just to defend myself. They are the ones breaking the law fucktard. Not me. If someone wants to fight me during one of my runs they can fucking bring it, I carry a knife AND now mace every time. Good luck dealing with me bitch, I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>705762
Keep your dog leashed and that won't happen, dumbshit. If I mace your dog and you come after me I'm macing you too. If the spray doesn't stop you, I'll have to escalate. You don't want that. Now fuck off, Internet Tough Guy. Leash laws are for the protection of all involved parties.
>>
>>706120

I can understand how you would think that, but I swear zero people use leashes in this park, and every day there is a group of fat yuppies walking around with their unleashed dogs running around wildly. They usually stick to a larger field in the center of the park, so I avoid that. But occasionally they take them to run freely on the trails.

The fact that I avoid the field is enough, I don't get mad when the dogs are free in the field, the least they could do is respect the trails.

I swear there's like a core group of old fat yuppy assholes that just act like this park is their own personal backyard where their dogs can just do whatever the fuck they want.

I'm going to start seriously macing the shit out of every dog that runs at me snarling from now on.
>>
>>705733

What do you mean "scores"?
>>
>>705762
When a dog runs towards you snarling nobody's going to think "oh this dog seems like a cute puppy that wants to play" no, they're going to think "OH FUCK IT'S GONNA KILL ME THEN RAEP MY BODY" and so is the law
>>
>>705865
Awww is wittle baby sad because people don't appreciate a fuck full of canines on their dick and now you're lying and saying you leash your special snowflake dog and he just wants to play? How adorable go hang yourself with your dogs tail
>>
>>705499
dunno op no dog ever dared to bite me
but i guess stick or carrot
either carry pepper spray or something tasty like a slice of steak
>>
>>705512
that's fucked up dude really fucked up.
i would probably kill you if you harm my dog unless it drew blood first.
just go with mace.
>>
>>706240

You sound like a fucking idiot. I have a right to defend myself when an aggressive unrestrained animal is running at me. If people want to fight me over it they are going to get fucked up. I've had it with this shit, all I'm trying to do is get some fucking exercise and enjoy the woods.
>>
>>706335
you have a right to bark at a dog that barks at you and you have a right to bite a bog that bites you. don't fucking hit dogs that didn't do nothing especially not with a weapon that can seriously hurt them.
>If people want to fight me over it they are going to get fucked up.
don't get too cocky fights are things that are very easy to lose no matter how good you think you are even the best slip up a lot and a rank amateur can fuck your shit up so bad you never gonna walk again.

it's best if you don't piss people off. hurting other peoples pets or kids is a good way to piss them off so bad they won't think reasonably.

just buy a fucking pepper you fag and use it sparingly. but best would be to grow some balls. what you are talking about is just not happening. i have seen dogs go after people many times i never seen them actually taking a bite. you phobia is treatable if you see a specialist about it.
>>
>>706335
what you are talking about is absolutely bollocks
i'm just gonna translate it to redneck

>I have a right to defend myself when an aggressive unrestrained nigger is walking at me. If the cops want to fight me over it they are going to get fucked up. I've had it with this shit, all I'm trying to do is get some fucking soda and enjoy the kfc.
>>
>>706343
>it's best if you don't piss people off.
Oh please. I'm supposed to back down and not get the precious snowflake owners upset...
Fuck that. I'll do as I please as long as I keep it legal. If they don't like it I'm prepared. No rank amateur is going to mess my shit up.

The bottom line is if your dog is off a leash I will spray it. I don't care if it's coming up to lovingly lick my balls and pleasure me. Be glad I'm only spraying it, legally I'm entitled to more.
>>
>>706435
> I'll do as I please as long as I keep it legal.
if you think that hitting dogs with padlocks is legal you are fucking out of you mind.

>The bottom line is if your dog is off a leash I will spray it.
no you will not you will spray my dog if it's attacking you or your family or your dog otherwise you will keep your spray stuffed tightly in your boipussy.

what's legal is not being a pussy and not being frightened of dogs and in turn not get bitten by dogs.

>Be glad I'm only spraying it, legally I'm entitled to more.
you are not entitled to shit unless you are attacked. learn to dog behavior stop flailing around when dog approaches you and it will be all good.
>>
>>706343

Did you fail to read the part where I said I have been bitten 3 times in this park?

3 times I told myself I was being insensitive and I was the one who had to do something different. 3 fucking times dude. I'm done waiting to get bit before fighting back, your argument is bullshit.
>>
>>706454

Bro the point is that the dogs shouldn't even be approaching you in the first place.

There is a leash law, they don't follow it. From now on I'm macing the shit out of every un leashes dog that gets close. Let's see how many cans I get through before word gets around and these yuppy fucks start obeying the law.
>>
>>706454
>hitting dogs with padlocks
Not me but protecting yourself from an animal is legal.

Everything else you said seems to indicate you're triggered.
Deep breaths and repeat calmly."my dog is not as precious as I think"

Yes, I will fuck up your dog if it approaches me. Yes I will royally fuck up you if you take issue with that.
>>
>>705593
>tear gas
CS only causes problems if you're wearing contacts-serious problems. Some people are immune to CS(hence the not working).

OC (pepper) spray is the way to go.
>>
>>705499
Pepper spray and call police. It will be a hassle to wait for cops to show up, but it'll be worth it in the long run because they owner won't do it again.
>>
>>705499
Pepper spray bro. I pepper sprayed a dog in the neighborhood I used to live in. The owner was irate. I flashed my pistol and told him I was calling animal control . . . again. Animal control came, took the dog and the fuckers moved out like a week later.
>>
>>705499

Assume all animals that come to you are aggressive and act with your life on the line, you don't want to get injured because of some faggot and their mongrel. Dogs can heavily injure an adult male and even kill. Mace would be good but have a knife/stungun/gun on you in case. Not because of the dog but because of the owner.

I cannot stress how easily it is to get injured or killed, especially by erratic dog owners. Always report each situation to the cops, possibly have a go-pro on you if you really want to put those owners in their place.
>>
Gonna cast another vote for the pepper spray. I skateboard all over and if I'm ever confronted by a dog it's usually already chasing me before I can notice it giving me no chance to stop and intimidate or strike it so my only option has always been to out pace it, but a squirt of pepper spray behind you while you're still on the run works fine, just keep going. Most dogs that ever fuck with me are stray or live with degenerates with no fence around their yard so I've never dealt with an aggressive dogs owner, but I imagine the spray and the heavy aluminum trucks of my skateboard would work fine on them too.

I loved my dog and would consider myself a "dog person" I guess, but I got mauled by a dog as a kid and if an unleashed dog shows me any aggression it's either them or me.
>>
Magdump on sight
>>
>>706493
>Bro the point is that the dogs shouldn't even be approaching you in the first place.
that sounds retarded and unrealistic
>There is a leash law, they don't follow it.
like nobody ever does duh
>From now on I'm macing the shit out of every un leashes dog that gets close.
enjoy your beatings and getting sprayed yourself which will undoubtedly follow
i have a gas alarm gun for fucks like you it's good from 30-40 feet distance after the wind carries away the cloud i would just kick the crap out of you literally.

you can defend yourself sure that's all right but you can't go around using pepper on anyone or anything you don't like.
>>
>>706708
>Assume all animals that come to you are aggressive and act with your life on the line, you don't want to get injured because of some faggot and their mongrel. Dogs can heavily injure an adult male and even kill. Mace would be good but have a knife/stungun/gun on you in case. Not because of the dog but because of the owner.

jesus!

i mean i agree on many things you said partially
you don't assume, but you be prepared to act
you don't act preemptively but be ready to act in defense and have weapons sure and use adequate force if in danger.

but seriously most dogs will never think about biting you if you don't do something stupid and acting confident.

maybe you fucks should you know learn a thing or two about dog behavior or something. you can usually tell easily if a dog is planning to bite you or not and even if it has silly ideas one look at them will dissuade them easily. unless they act on orders and are trained to attack, then you go for kill obviously.
>>
>>706946

I CAN go around pepper spraying any dog than runs at me snarling while it is OFF leash in a park requiring leashes, actually. And that's what I intend to do. And if any dumb fucks that don't like it, like you, start running towards me afterwards, they are getting a god damn face full of the shit too.

I've been bitten 3 times in this park. 3 times. I don't care if I literally get stabbed over this shit, I'm done tolerating it. I'm fucking some shit up from now on.
>>
>>705977
This
we was once messing with this thing and i forget to wash my hands before go pissing. That pain was enourmous.
>>
>>707621
>runs at me snarling
that usually means you are scaring the dog it's defensive behavior. it tries to defend it's owner form you and your suspicious behavior.
when dogs hunt they don't make sounds.

>I've been bitten 3 times in this park. 3 times. I don't care if I literally get stabbed over this shit, I'm done tolerating it.
maybe you should stop doing silly hit. i have grown up around dogs we had many dogs and nobody ever ties his dog on grass. i have ran bicycled and skated everywhere around dogs off lesh. and one thing never happened: a dog biting me.

tough guy one day someone will make news of you and i'm gonna laugh so hard.

i'm convinced now the problem is you not the dogs or their owners. you are an irrational irrate little shit. i bet i would punch you if you ever talked to me.
>>
>>708359
Not padlock fucker here, but you don't seem to grasp that the way your dog behaves around you is not how it behaves by itself in the woods. Before I gave up on running in my neighborhood due to dogs attacking me, one thing I tried was adjusting my route to give the widest berth possible to the most aggressive pack. Didn't work. One of those fuckers spotted me and ran 500 feet across a field to confront me. That shit is not defense in the part of the dog. Owners still tried to blame me for getting bit. Some dogs have shitty, aggressive personalities and while it should fall on the part of owners to restrain their dangerous animal, the reality is that thosr of us who are put in danger are the ones who must defend ourselves.
>>
>>708389
it's defensive the dogs will not run to you if you walk calmly. you are upsetting them with your movement.

btw if a dog is aggressive and bothers you call animal control. that's the civilized way to handle it.

but i still think you guys do something wrong because it has not been my experience. i have seen a couple of dogs with strong herding instinct to go after bikers and scooters anyone that moves above a certain speed and start harrassing them. but these dogs will not bite you. they just try to express their displeasure of you "misbehaving".

i mean sure it's the owners duty to keep their dog in check. but sometimes it's all in good faith and you must adapt to the situation. which usually means stop stare at the dog and it goes away or circles you barking the owner comes and puts it on leash. nobody harmed.
>>
>>708397
>it's defensive the dogs will not run to you if you walk calmly. you are upsetting them with your movement.

Oh fuck off, if you're out for a jog or bike ride on public streets, sidewalks, or trails then you shouldn't have to worry about being mauled by some irresponsible shitbag's dog that they let run loose, PERIOD.
>>
>>708408
you shouldn't be i agree.
i never was in my life.

if a dog tries some shit talk him out of it in a calm voice and tell the owner to leash it or you call the cops.

be cool don't flail around cause that will actually get you bit.
>>
>>705509
>>705926
>>706686
>>706697
>>706748
Perfectly viable and ( in many places in the U.S. ) perfectly legal. This is something even professionals encourage doing and doing this will make owners think twice. You should call the cops if/when this happens because doing so not only protects you but protects other cyclists and runners. Another technique I learned from working ( and have used with great success ) is smashing into a dog's ribcage with your knee. One time I did this when a growling dog came at me and left me no time to see if it was playing or being aggressive ( ALWAYS assume aggressive, it could save your life unless God says otherwise ) and the dog backed off and looked at me sad but as if it still wanted a chunk of me. I kept eye contact until the owner took control of her dog and then turned my back ( something to avoid in most situations but okay if you know/trusted the owner ) and went out for a smoke. I then went back inside the home and after a few visits the dog became friendly toward me. He'll now sit almost ontop of me when I go to visit for Packer-parties.

>>706708
"Assume all animals that come to you are aggressive" is something else professionals will often tell you.

Nobody has mentioned this yet but you may want to switch to a bike O.P. Running is fine and well but cycling is much safer in dog-ridden areas. When a dog rushes you your first job is to get off the bike with the bike between you and the dog. Lift up the frame and move it as if it were a giant shield and most dogs will back away. If the dog is truly intent on fighting you the bike can be used to swing at the dog without exposing you to danger and sometimes getting hit by a tire is enough to make the dog retreat. If the dog keeps coming you use the padlock for your bike/chain, the air pump or your helmet to...

>>706948
You are wrong. Professionals tell you to assume the dog is hostile and you might want to learn a thing or two about dog behavior or something.
>>
>>708416
>Professionals tell you to assume the dog is hostile
first time i heard off this, can you back it up somehow?
>>
>>705499
>>708416
...the padlock for your bike/chain, the air pump or your helmet to strike at the face, the rib cage or between the shoulder blades assuming you lack a knife, a baton or pepper spray. If you are running the first thing you need to do is stop and keep your eye on the dog. Eye contact is actually a good thing. Most dogs seriously intending to fight you will look away from you, then look back at you and keep this pattern up. If the owner is calling the dog and the dog is not responding it is a sign the dog has tunneled on you and that you should be prepared to fight.
>>
>>708417
If >>708416 >>708420 can't I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PqW5TJMAnY
>>
>>708421
he said the same things as me.
stop running face the dog.

obviously if that doesn't stop a dog then it's a fight, but it does 99%. assuming it won't and hit the dog will turn it into a fight a 100%. it's just silly imo.
>>
>>708417
>>708409

the problem is you might not have time to judge and react correctly.

pic related, running with music like 90% of the of the world. and looking ahead or on the ground.
>>
>>708466
>the problem is you might not have time to judge and react correctly.
and that is why i said learn about dog behavior.
i grew up with dogs i seen them fight a lot i studied close up the moment an aggressive posturing becomes a fight countless times.
maybe that's why i can't see the problem. for me it's pretty obvious all times what a dog gonna do.

there was one dog that actually nipped me as a child and that was a clear misunderstanding. the dog was minding it's business it gave every sign of being relaxed and preoccupied sniffing the ground as i passed it it turn around and bit me in the ass.
what happened is it didn't recognized me as i passed him he smelled the scent off my dog (his arch enemy seriously these dogs had a blood feud they tried to kill each other every time they met) so he probably was biting on some ingrained reflex because it never happened before or after ever. i grabbed the dog picked it up and put it in the owners hand told her to fucking leash it and that was it.

later on i discovered the hole on my pants the rabid bitch denied it was done by her dog cause "i didn't tell her it bit me" well i didn't see the hole i would have mention it for sure otherwise. so the fucking cunt didn't pay for my pants.
>>
>>708477
Not everybody can or wants to learn about dog behavior like us. Mind you, I don't know a lot because I grew up with cats instead of dogs.

>>708421 describes the behaviors to look for at the 4 minute mark. Being able to process that information out of the blue is something not everybody can do ( much like learning about the behavior ) so it is safer to always assume the dog means business.
>>
>>708491
yeah but also all experts say if you are afraid the dogs will sense it.
assuming the dog wants to bite you will make you afraid and can set off an attack.

you should be ready but not afraid, be prepared but don't assume there is a difference.

i also disagree with the always back down. i see no reason to do this in public space. it's a sign of weakness. the dog will defend it's territory that's different shit but out in a park or the streets it's your turf.
>>
>>707621
Are you the same asshole from the dogs in the woods thread?
>>
>>705508
Nah dude, they're super against outdoor cats and are all for killing them off. Try asking them
>>
>>706057
He must be a Navy SEAL with over 700 confirmed kills
>>
ITT: people who don't know how to train their dog

Your dog needs to understand that people are the boss. That in the pecking order, all humans, big or small, are above it, and it it breaks that order then it's in big trouble.

Sheep dogs that bite sheep get shot on the spot. Don't be suprised when someone maces or shoots yours when you let it chase down someone else who is minding their own business. Your dog doesn't have a right to "play" with strangers. Keep it in a leash when required, and keep it under your control when not, otherwise you should consider a goldfish instead.
>>
>>708359

Scaring the dog by running laterally to it's course of travel while I am 50 yards away?

Doing silly shit like going for a jog in my local park?

....Are you stupid?
>>
>>708397

I've called animal control.

The guy works part time, you leave a message, then he gets back to you 6 hours later. And he told me there was nothing he could do. I called the police 15 minutes after a bite, they told me to call the useless animal control guy again.

I have no other options.
>>
>>708397
>>708420

I shouldn't have to stop running. I shouldn't have to calmly try to talk the dog down. The fucking dogs should be on a leash in the first place. Are you getting it through your head yet? It's not my god damn obligation to placate to the dog and owner when THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW.

I'm macing every fucker in that park from now on.
>>
>>708857
Woo, someone sure is afraid of dogs
>YOU BROKE THE RULES
>>
>>708857
the thing is by getting upset back down or run away you are rewarding the dogs behavior and strengthening it's impulse to harrass/police people.

do what i told you it's better for everyone.
>>
>>706057
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>709412
sorry lol, just had to post this
>>
>>708857
>It's not my god damn obligation to placate to the dog and owner when THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW.
that's like me saying it's not my job to save the life of all the retarded fucks that go into traffic zoned out with zero respect for rules and zero self awareness.

every fucking morning i could legally murder people for being stupid.

i don't cause that is not what this game called life is about. you don't have to punish people you just try to get along best possible way. i mean sure if it gets personal like somebody is not just stupid but deliberately fucking with you then stand up for yourself, but this sort of thing not following rules and laws is just people being people.

i always try to do my things so that i don't inconvenience others sometimes i follow the rules sometimes i don't but i try to be cooperative and do it so nobody gets hurt or in a shit position cause i don't pay attention.

if i had a dog i would make sure it won't start on runners obviously. i don't have one currently. but i drive same thing applies. i try to rive so that i don't hold up people in the green cause i want to turn or stay in the inner lane like a retard so people who are in a hurry have to do dangerous maneuvers to pass me. even if they are speeding and thus breaking the law i let them go. why wouldn't i?

you are not some fucked up superhero that has to dish out justice left and right. the world is working perfectly fine without that.

if you don't want to get hurt which you have every right to then use common sense that is all i'm saying.
>>
>>705512
Fuck yea bro, does fucking dogs might have fucking rabbis
>>
>>705930
Kek
>>
>>705499
The best thing to do is to call animal control. They have catch poles to catch the dog and they will bring them to the pound or make the owner pay a fee. Maybe after they pay the fee a few times they will stop letting their dog run loose.
>>
>>705762
Is your dog a pitbull?
>>
this has to be the same troll that posted in the last thread about dogs. try it and get your body dumped in an unmarked grave in the woods anon
>>
I'm all for animal welfare, but why do some people get extremely violent and aggressive at the slightest notion of hurting an animal.

It's like all manners and politeness disappears and they turn into a 14 year old internet tough guy.
>>
>>712187
why are you surprised people get aggressive when you start talking about hurting a dog? A dog is a family member, like a child. What would you do if someone maced your kid in the face when he says hi to a stranger
>>
>>712164
>try it and get your body dumped in...
Go ahead and try you fucking internet pussy. You'd turn and run if you met me.
>>712253
>A dog is like a family member
NO it's not, it's a fucking animal. If you don't control it, I will.
The only dogs I've ever hurt have been off leash and in my space. Keep your dog away from me and pick up its shit and keep it from yapping and we don't have any problem.
>>
>>705512
>padlock on rope
you are an asshole
>i will seriously fuck you up
suprised he didnt just fucking beat the shit out of you by that point
ever heard of bear spray you fucking mongoloid idiot?
>>
>>705499
This thread again..

I would contact the council, there is obviously a rabies outbreak in the area as I have not once, in my 15 years of utilizing out doors parks, tracks, trails and dog parks have I ever been attacked.

It's not the dogs, it's something else.

*your story isn't real btw and eveyone knows this is a troll.
>>
If a dog is off-leash outside of a designated area it should be shot on sight and the owner fined $5,000.
>>
I got dumped by this gal I was with for three years and I got REAL drunk on a few bottles of sailor Jerry, Dr pepper may have been involved. So I stumbled out to my car to drive home (my friend stopped me god bless him) and a mean Rottweiler started growling at me. So, being quite drunk, I whipped out my Dingle dang, and peed on him. I established dominance. He backed off.
>>
>>712714
Pussy, dogs are friendly push overs and servants to man. Just establish dominance as you may do with your women folk
>>
>>705499
My girlfriend runs on a pedestrian only, no dogs, paved trail around a reservoir, there is always an asshole with a dog off leash under "voice control" which means no control, she carries the foam pepper spray, police strength, she uses it all the time

I walk a couple of times a week on trails at a national recreation area behind my house, again supposed to be off limits to dogs, leashed or not, also the usual "voice control" assholes and the "(s)he just wants to play, got bit a couple of times and had to sue the owners, now I walk with a metal walking stick, lower leg injuries from the bites, has a spike on one end and a 1/4 pound walnut ball on the other, the stick is my height 6', usually I use the ball end to crack the dogs on the head, only once have I had to use the spike, dog ran at me and jumped, teeth gnashing the whole way, lifted the stick and his weight impaled the dog, got sued and won in court, counter-sued ans won
If the signs say no dogs, take them somewhere else, if they say leash, keep them on one, voice control is bullshit, letting them run off ahead of you is no control
I shouldn't have to pay for your incompetence with my blood, if it is is my a choice your dog is going down
>>
>>707621
Fucking do its a park where leashes are required peppa spray all them dogs and their owners then call the cops on them
>>
>>705499
Pitbull.

I would go to that park looking to make an example.
>>
Most of y'all like shit dogs too much sorry you had shit dogs
Fucking rek them op
>>
> this whole thread
>'Murica
>>
>>712958
you guys are some special breed genetically selected for generations to excite dogs into attack or what?

for most people dog attacks never happen or once in a lifetime not regularly.

seriously unbelievable.
>>
>>712306
>If you don't control it, I will.
you are in control of nothing but your urination
until you hurt my dog that is then not even that
>>
My neighbor had this dog he would let out. I kicked that sumbitch with my steel toe size 12 boot, dog just dropped stiff like a rock. He died. Neighbor was one of those retards who spoke to their dog like a human being. That dog had already bit some beaner kids to. He called the police but it happened in my front yard in my property so I didn't get in trouble. To be fair I knew the dog was shitting on my lawn. After he died I never found a turd on it again.
>>
>>713100
Good on you for standing up for yourself, fuck owners like that.
>>
>>713104
Yes, kick a dog to death is definitely an appropriate and sane response to finding dog shit on your lawn.

Talking to an adult human male neighbor about the dog would have been scary and stressful. Best to just kick a dog to death.
>>
>>708853
Shooting/tazing a dog after a bite would send a message, get the police involved, and likely make the news- alerting all other dog owners to keep their pooches leashed in the park.
>>
>>713116
Learn to read. He found the dog on his lawn, a dog that had already bitten people, not just some shit.
>>
File: 1456929146779.png (88 KB, 278x242) Image search: [Google]
1456929146779.png
88 KB, 278x242
>>705499

You know what to do...
>>
>>705499
>padlock tied to a rope

Holy fuck im writing that down.
>>
>>705865
Ever been maced/peppersprayed, faggot?

You're not fighting shit with that in your eyes and nose. Especially if it's bear spray. Bear spray under a certain distance can kill humans.

Talk all the bravado you want, someone tags you with spray you're going down crying like a bitch.
>>
>>713163
>mfw bear spray is actually less potent than regular human spray because bears have more sensitive noses

Try oven cleaner, queer.
>>
>>706143
>Step 1: whisper "search warrant" and then knock down the door
>Step 2: Shoot dog in front of your children.
DEA holds dog-blasting top score.
>>
>>705499

Simply call whatever law enforcement that is reaponaible to make sure people leash their dogs, and report what you just wrote here.

As soon as people will start getting tickets, they will leash their dogs
>>
>>708491
more importantly, people shouldn't be required to learn this stuff just to avoid being attacked by a nominally domesticated animal.

I had to have my first dog put down due to biting problems. She bit me, bit my dad, almost bit my mom. Would lay down and act like she wanted to be pet but then attempt to bite you if you went to pet her, even if she layed on your lap. Nearly bit my little cousin, so it was time for her to go. Replaced her with the worlds nicest golden retriever and never looked back.
>>
>>705499
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PqW5TJMAnY

I have the same problem when walking my Dog. There are three unleashed dogs at my local park that have already formed some sort of pack, and harass anyone whom they don't know.

Last time i was walking my dog back from the vet who is a couple of blocks away from my home, passing through that park. I made my best to avoid said place by walking by the other side of the street. Still the dogs came by, rushing, with some really intense barking and visible anger.

Had it not been for my walking stick and the fact that i started hitting the ground with it and making myself appear to be bigger by raising said stick, i bet they would have harmed me or my dog.
>>
>>713203
didn't mean to repost the clip, don't know why it appeared there.
>>
>>708706
So much this.
>>
>>713121
Not only that, but the dog ran at me. It was a boxer, it might not be as bad as a pitbull, but I'm not letting a boxer bite me because some PETA fucks give animals more rights than humans.
>>
File: 1455804648502.gif (986 KB, 500x227) Image search: [Google]
1455804648502.gif
986 KB, 500x227
>>712958
thats brutal. you and your gf are straight dog slayers
>>
File: 1444593975532.png (429 KB, 902x2791) Image search: [Google]
1444593975532.png
429 KB, 902x2791
Get a bow and hunt them down.
>>
Use pepperspray to defend yourself. That's what I do on the rail trails and the rednecks have their dogs out.
>>
>>713355
Fuckin' love seeing this being posted by anyone other than me.
If anyone has questions about why dogs are shit, I have answers.
>>
File: 1456270180089.jpg (101 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1456270180089.jpg
101 KB, 960x638
>>713163
Bear spray is a bigger can but less potent. While I was in the Marines we were in a CS gas chamber for more than a minute. CS gas feels 10 times stronger than any pepper spray, throughout that minute if I really had to, I could have killed you.

So no... Don't rely on your bitch imaginary liberal tactics to winning fights. On second thought please do.
>>
I don't always carry a gun when hiking, but when I do, it's because of dogs, not bears.
>>
>>709417

>comparing macing dogs to murdering people

10/10 on being a complete fucking idiot bro.
>>
>>713454
>CS gas feels 10 times stronger than any pepper spray
Only a marine could be so retarded
>>
>>712660
>>713045

The really funny thing about this is, my story is actually 100% true. OP here.

The reason the dogs chase me is because of inherent, natural animal behavior. I understand that. But the fact is, I have "only" been bitten 3 times in this park, and chased about 5 other times. In all those times there have been at least 20 instances where the dogs DID NOT chase me.

The issue here is the owners. Certain dogs need to be on a leash. Some dogs don't. The owners who's dogs have chased and bitten me are fucking idiots, who deserve to have their dogs maced and fucked up.

The last time I hit a dog, the owner got inches away from my face and yelled at me.

Next time this happens, I'm kicking some serious fucking ass. I'm not the bragging type, but I have extensive fight training, I am fit, and I'm going to fuck shit up from now on.
>>
>>713454
>CS gas feels 10 times stronger than any pepper spray
Clearly you never went TAD to PMO and got OC'd. That shit is waaaay worse than CS.
>>
>>713652
If you actually have been bitten you need 100% absolutely need to call the cops. Being bitten is serious shit. Don't think for a second that "oh it wasn't bad" or I'm going to take matters into my own hands. My cousin got bit/attacked by a dog when he was 6 or 7 and has permanent scarring on his arm because of it (in addition to now having an irrational fear of all dogs). Sure, you're an adult so you can defend yourself but what happens when that dog bites a child like my cousin???

Let the cops deal with this. Its why we pay them after all.

And just mace the dog or hit with fists, not hit them with a lock. Using a lock is liable to get an animal cruelty charge levied against you.
>>
File: cat staring at sandwitches.jpg (25 KB, 363x321) Image search: [Google]
cat staring at sandwitches.jpg
25 KB, 363x321
Why you americans are so afraid of everything? Carrying pepper sprays on parks because of dogs what the fuck. No I'm not yuropoor
>>
So yeah, I had a similar problem but the difference is that I don't like dogs.
What I did was act very normal at the park where I run every morning, even petted one or two unleashed dogs. Waited for about a week.
Woke up two hours early a couple of mornings, left small random caches of dog food mixed with bacon and bromethalin.
Went back home, slept an hour, came back in running clothes an hour later and ran easy as the first dog owners were starting to realize there was something wrong with their pups.
They even called 911.
A couple of them didn't make it time to the vet.
Aftermath:
It's been a month now and I've never had a better time running. All dogs in the park are now leashed. Newcomers get warned by other dog owners.
Advice:
Don't mace the dogs or owners. If someone in your area has my same idea, and you hurt some random dog, people will assume it was you that set up the poison treats.

Love your dogs people, leash them up.
>>
>>705865
Go suck your dogs dick faggot, before you get put in the dirt.
>>
Man, I thought /out/ was filled with hardcore survivalists who claim they could survive in the wilderness. Good fucking luck with that if you faggots here are having issues with sub 50lb domesticated "dogs" . I'd love to see what you "guys" do when you turn around and see a 800lb Grizzly staring at you.

Pathetic.
>>
>>713925
That's pretty fucked up man, what's stopping a leashed dog from eating your poisoned bait? I don't think randomly poisoning dogs in a park is any sort of solution.
>>
>>713990
>I'd love to see what you "guys" do when you turn around and see a 800lb Grizzly staring at you.

>dog attacks
>spray it with pepper spray

>bear attacks
>spray it with pepper spray
>>
>>713194
only people who are far above average prone to get bit should like op.
i mean 99.999% of people don't get bit by random dogs in the park so he is doing something wrong.
most dogbites are accidents and from family dogs or if you try to make a dog do something it doesn't want.
if dogs would go after people to bite them all the time we wouldn't keep them. hell it would be forbidden to keep them.

and yes it's always the owners fault if the dog bites someone why they let them dogs off leash is because it almost never happens. because dogs just don't do that unless given a reason to.
it's just not happening.
>>
>>714001
this also the most important in both cases is not to get frightened be calm and confident. also in both cases helps if you have a stick. hold it in front of you and both animals will think thrice about trying some crazy shit.

just because a grizzly happens upon you doesn't mean it wants to eat you. if you spray them they can go into a frenzy blindly trashing around better give them wide berth if you do.
>>
>>713925
there was an old woman in the neighborhood who was doing this shit where i grew up.
one day she disappeared nobody knew where.
just gone.
>>
>>713203
well i have to say you solved that one pretty well.
still if the dogs are not off leash by accident and do this all the time you should report it. cause that shit doesn't fly. owners get a check every day they will get bored of it fast.
>>
>>713163
i have you are mostly blind but it does not incapacitate you. if you have the dude in your hand you can rip him a new one before you run out of breath.
>>
>>714000
I'm ok with random leashed dogs getting poisoned, there's no good dogs or bad dogs for me, if their owner's let them eat something of the street it's just how it went down.
>>
>>714042
I'm so glad I live in a rural area and don't have to walk my dog in public areas where shitheels leave poisoned dog food laying around.
>>
>>714052
This guy in my old town used to purposely poison neighborhood dogs. Not even on his own property.

Later someone burned his house to the ground. kek.
>>
>>713048
Let it off leash around me and I guess we'll find out.
>>
>>714093
i love these butt-frustrated fucktards with their huge ego online.

any fucking one can be easily beaten. doesn't matter if you are a navy seal with 300 confirmed kills and whatnot.
attacker always has all the advantage especially if he knows what he is doing.
case in point the author of the famous pasta was just simply shot dead like a dog by a mentally hadnicapped.
if you piss the wrong person off you don't stand a farts change in a windstorm you little faggot.
>>
>>713650
I was a MP man. I never thought the mace was anywhere near as bad as the CS gas chamber.
>>
>>713826
Shits wild here in America. It ain't the bitch place you come from.
>>
>>705499
I would suggest that the problem is with you. Without wishing to cause a shit storm, if EVERY dog chases you, either you live in the Masai Mara and are being chased by wild dogs, or you appear VERY appetising. I run, go for bike rides and hike and have never been chased by a dog.
>>
>>714074
When I was growing up someone poisoned a bunch of dogs on my side of town by throwing poisoned meat over the fence into people's backyards, I don't think they ever caught the person. You've gotta be a pretty big piece of shit to do something like that.
>>
>>714155
many people are immune to cs
very few immune to pepper

you can't build up resistance to cs but you can to pepper
>>
>>714185
>stake out the park
>catch the little fagget putting out poision
>dose him with gas
>set him on fire
>profit
>>
>>714157
Kek I'm brazilian. You just have to embrace your inner BR and you can get away of most situations.
I once played a guy who had lost his family and had no money and the guy who was going to rob me gave me monies to take a bus. Keked the whole way home.
>>
File: 1454626955803.gif (1 MB, 484x305) Image search: [Google]
1454626955803.gif
1 MB, 484x305
>>705510
top kek
>>
>>705570
>running
>with a can of bear spray
this should not last long
i would buy regular human size
dogs had a nose a million times more sensitive
just a whiff should do the trick
>>
>>705499
Letters to city or county parks department? Call local TV w/activist reporter ("7 On Your Side," etc.)? Call a cop to write citations? Pepper spray the dogs? Or just stick with bashing dogs w/padlock. Asshole dog owners do not listen to reason -- force and terror may be your only options!
>>
>>714155
CS ain't shit.
>>
>>714192
Let's keep in mind that some dogs are immune to capsaicin. My dog eats cayenne powder like it's fun dip.
>>
>>713802

I understand what you're saying, but I called the cops 15 minutes after a bite once, they told me to call the useless part time animal control officer who take 6 hours to respond to his messages.

I feel like I have truly been given no other options than to take matters into my own hands.

The last time I was forced to hit a dog in self defense, the owner got 2 inches from my face and yelled at me. The only thing that kept them from touching me was me staying confident and out loud saying "you better not fucking touch me"

But you know what? The next time someone gets in my face like that I'm putting them on the fucking ground. I'm sick of this shit and I don't deserve it when it's other people who are breaking the law.
>>
OP here again.

My dog's name was Lady by the way. I loved her so much. I used to believe in heaven and one of the only things that consoled me when she died was that I might see her again in death. She was a great source of positivity for me when I went through a tough time. I really am a dog lover. The problem here is not me.
>>
>>705926

>Don't hit dogs with locks in socks
Or hit a fox with rocks in a box
Don't slam them, punch them, bite or bunt them
Cause they will shout "you nasty cunt!" then
>>
>>714593
like 1 in a million it's a rare mutation
but yeah spray is just one option to deal with an aggressive dog one that should have lasting effects
>>
>>705930

Fucking top story, anon

justicehasbeenserved.jpg
>>
>>715070
*shouldn't
>>
>>706134

So report them to the park authorities, dude

Or wait until one bites you and bring on a lawsuit, then report to the park auth's with a nice photo of the bite, then they can't ignore it
>>
>>705762

If it's your family, then you'd protect it properly by leashing it, senpai XD
>>
>>708389

The dogs that have the shitty, aggressive personalities usually have owners with shitty, aggressive personalities too.
>>
>>705762
If your dog approaches strangers it's poorly trained and you're a poor owner for having it off leash. If an offleash dog approaches me I have an absolute right to defend myself with deadly force.
>>
>>715121
>If an offleash dog approaches me I have an absolute right to defend myself with deadly force.
no you don't
get back on your meds
>>
>>715128
Post a news article where someone got in trouble for defending themselves from an off-leash dog.
>>
>>715121
>There is no legal justification that will protect a person for killing or injuring a dog that bit him or her at a prior time, if the dog presented no threat at the time of the killing or injuring.

basically you should only use deadly force if your life is in danger or if you are convinced that the dog is rabid because it exhibits clear signs of rabies or a pack of them attacks you (that's legit life threatening dangerous shit).

spray the dogs if you are a pussy or just learn to communicate with them and tell them to fuck off (my preferred solution).
>>
>>715134
>if the dog presented no threat at the time of the killing or injuring.
It ran towards me, officer. I thought it was going to bite me.
>>
>>715136
yeah but that's not enough you retard.
you can't shoot a nigger for running in your direction either.
even if you are convinced he want's to shank you unless you see the knife.
>>
>>715137
>yeah but that's not enough you retard.
If it's an animal it is.
>>
>>715138
no i'm trying to tell you it's not enough if a pussy like yourself thinks the dog is dangerous the animal must exhibit clear signs that would convince any reasonable person it will attack for you to legally defend yourself prior to an attack.

it's not up to you to decide you will get thrown into jail or at least fined for animal cruelty and probably sued the fuck out of if not outright mysteriously shot in the back the next day

just handle your hysterics and accept you are not entitled to shoot other peoples pets.
>>
>>715141
Should be easy to find an instance of someone being convicted of animal cruelty for shooting an off-leash dog that ran at them then.
Perhaps you could post an article?
>>
>>715142
should be easy but there is two story with huge media coverage that blots out the google search like a smokescreen.

i personally know a guy who was sentenced to prison for hanging a neighbors dog tho. that should give you an idea what you will receive if you kill a dog when it's unwarranted.
>>
>>715147
Obviously completely different. Surely you can find a single article?
>>
>>715142
here is one
> DOVER — A Rochester man pleaded guilty Monday in Strafford County Superior Court to an animal cruelty charge stemming from a March incident where he shot the family dog after he mistakenly believed the dog bit his son.
> Lee Thurston, 34, of Rochester, was sentenced to four months in county jail with all of the sentence suspended for two years pending good behavior for the misdemeanor animal cruelty charge by Strafford County Superior Court Judge Philip Mangones.

i could probably find hundreds if i went at it. but you should do your own research.

you can't kill dogs unless the pose danger. end of story. only the atf can and will because that's like their life purpose.
>>
>>715151
>He placed the dog in its kennel, shot and killed the dog with a hunting rifle.

How do you not understand how this is completely different? He removed the dog, had it under control in a kennel, then killed it, he didn't kill it because he thought he or his son might be attacked.
>>
>>715157
they are not if a dog is not a threat you can't kill it anyhow.
doesn't matter if it's off leash or not. if it's in a cage or not.
there is nothing in the law about the dog need to be restrained for it to be a crime.
>>
>>715163
Jesus, you're a fucking retard.
>dog runs at you, you grab it by the collar, tie it to a tree, and then shoot it dead
Animal cruelty.

>dog runs at you, in split second before it gets to you you draw and shoot it dead
Self defense, and you will never be convicted of anything.

It baffles me how you can't comprehend the difference between these.
>>
>>715167
contain your autism and take your pills
you are a danger to public as you are now
>>
>>715121
This, 1000X this
>>715128
Yes we do. Take your entitled ass somewhere else with your precious snowflake pooch, or leash it and keep it safe. Prove you are responsible and care about it.
>>
>>715202
way to come back, autism card. Somebody who doesn't agree with your shallow view must be an autist. How can you fins this so difficult to comprehend. Non-dog owners do not want to hear your dog, smell your dog, see your dog, step in your dog's shit, and mostly do not want to be approached by it.
A human has every right to shoot to kill an unleashed dog approaching them. You will never be convicted if you are in a public space and harm/kill an unleashed animal. In my town the dog owner will be convicted every time.
>>
>>715167
>Shooting a dog just because it ran to you
>shooting things
>on a park
>leaving home thinking "Hey, better take my gun, a dog may try to run towards me!"
It's a fucking dog not a bear, just kick it and stop being a fag. You fricking americans..
>>
>>715232
this
i can't believe how much of a pussy some people can be

one dog is no dog
if it's a pack that's a different story tho
>>
>>705977
FYI Pepper spray for humans is more powerful than bear spray as bears are supposedly more sensitive to the active ingredients.
>>
>>715215
i had many dogs i walked them on leash always but i see no problems with letting them off the leash once in a while especially when in a safe place from traffic like a park.

when i grew up there were no fenced dog runner yards where they can play with each other today we have them, so those are a logical solution.

they can't socialize on leash they get butt-frustrated and defensive or even aggressive.

i dare say i have met more dogs off leash in my life than on. interestingly never had problems with them.

that is why i say what i say you are a hysterical little bitchboy if you are afraid of dogs and want to harm them just because they come near you.

it's bullshit. when a dog really wants a piece of you you should be able to tell. if you can't stay ate home.
>>
>>715356
Im not afraid of them in the least.
I am human
They are animal
If they come near me I am within my rights to spray them, kick them, even shoot them if I choose to.

You are the one with an issue here thinking your precious puppy should be allowed off a leash. It's not my job to determine their temperment. It's yours to protect your ANIMAL and keep it away from me.
>>
>>715356
Yeah.. I guess most dogs that bark (most don't even attack just bark) are dogs whose owners don't let out too much. My barber has a chill dog that lives in his barbershop, home and street. He comes and goes as he pleases during day and is chill as fuck. But well.. Each case is a case.
>>715436
>I'm not afraid
>I'll do exactly what a terrified person would do
You are just shitposting on /out/. A poor choice of board and this used to be good.
>>
>>715453
>shitposting
Call it what you want. I haven't posted anything I haven't done or wouldn't do.
>>
>>705499
use pepper spray instead of bashing the dogs. it's safer for both the dog and you.
>>
>>715232
In 2015 in the US there were 34 people killed by dogs
In 2015 in the US one person was killed by a bear
Dogs are the far greater threat.
>>
>>715605
In 2015, 33,000 people were killed by cars.

You should start pepper-spraying and kicking parked cars man, you can't be too careful.
>>
>>715436

>Im not afraid of them in the least.

Obviously you are if they're attacking you regularly. They can sense fear and will show you that they are the Alpha if you act like a bitch.

>getting beta'd by a tiny dog... fucking pussy.
>>
>>715605
>34 people in the whole US
Well there is no reason to be afraid I guess?
>>
>>715622
>if they're attacking you regularly
I never said they were attacking me or I thought they were attacking me If an off leash dog comes running up to/at me I make the assumption it's going to jump up on me or get mud on me. I don't give it the chance to take a nip at me. Offense being the best defense and all.
>>
>>715605
>Dogs are the far greater threat.
>>715617
>33,000 people were killed by cars.
More importantly:
According to the CDC, more than 4.7 million dog-bite incidents occur in the United States every year
>>
>>715704
>4.7 million dog-bite incidents occur in the United States every year
Not surprised at all. Dog owners are the most self-entitled bunch of bitches.
>>
>>715802
>cat slave detected
>>
>>715802
>>715812
are there statistics of housecat attacks?
cats can be huge assholes, too.
>>
>>715436
>Im not afraid of them in the least.
>attacking dogs that approach him out of irrational fear of them
>claims not afraid
this is too much trolling for me gents
>>
>>715832
true
but they are also cute little niggers
altho i consider great whites cute so there is that
>>
>>715957
>trolling
not trolling. I'm not afraid of them I dislike dogs, plain and simple. I've loved a few and lived with people who had dogs that liked but all in all I find them to be barking shit machines with entitled owners that are fucking obnoxious. That is why I will spray, kick, or otherwise fnd a way to deter your OFF-leash dog.

If you find this to be trolling, so be it. No skin off my back.
>>
>>715988
I'm with you m8. A well trained dog is fine when I know the owner.
Most dog-owners are entitled assholes tho, and their dogs behave accordingly. I don't know you or your dog. I don't want to have your dog run up to me and sniff me, I don't want your dog chasing deer and disturbing ground-breeding birds, and I certainly don't want to come back to camp to find your dog sniffing at my tent and then barking at me. And don't get me started on dogshit. In highly frequented forests it is a problem, and it is most certainly a problem in the city. Many dog owners are reluctant to pick it up even when their pooch shits directly on the sidewalk, and will react aggressively if confronted in a polite manner.
TL;DR: Dogs are fine. Dog owners are worse than niggers.
>>
>>716049
>Dog owners are worse than niggers.

It's not at all surprising that you're also a racist piece of shit in addition to an autistic asshole afraid of his own shadow.

Just admit to yourself that you need counseling, and with the proper help eventually you won't be so crushingly terrified of dogs and black people.
>>
>>705512
Welcome to the real world faggot
>>
>>716055
>make coherent argument why I dislike dogs running around innawoods
>dog lover chimps out
Yeah, how are dog lovers like our melanin-enriched friends again?
By the way, you're the autist if you're triggered by someone not liking your barking shit-machine as much as you do. People like you who value dogs more than people are scum.
>>
>>716049
>Dogs are fine. Dog owners are worse than niggers.
>wants to kick and spray or even shoot the innocent dog
dat retarded logic
>>
>>715134
>basically you should only use deadly force if your life is in danger or if you are convinced that the dog is rabid because it exhibits clear signs of rabies or a pack of them attacks you (that's legit life threatening dangerous shit).
nice personal opinion
>>
>>715355
>bear spray is weaker than human spray
>making your only hope to survive bear attack weaker
Seriously?! They are retarded or something?
>>
>>713355
Sleeping on trees looks like good idea, you can defend against practically everything, even bears shouldn't be a problem if you have a bow or spear.
>>
>>717289
you can tie a sharpened twig and thorn-bush collar on the tree trunk and use a rope to get up and down.

bears can't climb rope and they won't get past the thorns.

hen you can build your own safe treehouse.
>>
>>714185
That is a serious phobia of mine.

If someone tossed bacon flavored poison into my yard and killed my dog, I might try for a high score on the spot. Fuck dealing with trying to figure out who it was. They all deserve it for something, I am sure.
>>
>>706343
>didn't do nothing
>>
Get pepperspray, or you could wear those cut/puncture sleeves.

Or both
>>
Did OP kill a dog?
>>
>>720004
not yet
>>
What makes me laugh is the fact that most dog owners will always turn a blind eye to their dogs bad behavor. Now i have a scar from a dog bite on my arm from a dog that bit me for no reason other than it fancied it. All good though because i tasered that little shit and he ran faster than the current land speed record. Owner was pissed but he should of had his mut under control. Thing is i do not start arguments but after 15 years if boxing i am more than happy to take it a step further if the owner wants and i will not be pulling any punches so if any tough fucker wants to throw his weight at me he better have equal or greater fighter experience because i do fucking love a good punch up. That being said i do love animals but if someone cant keep their dogs under control they are going to be granted a free lesson in dog rules.
>>
>>720223
i call bullshit on that rant of yours.
no boxer in his sane mind would want to get into a street brawl.
boxing is simply shit for that.
you will most likely then not fuck up your hand permanently too.

i always try to use open palm or elbows if not bandaged also from the usual street grappling distance knee and elbow works better than fist anyhow.

you would of course know all that if you ever fought just once in your life.
>>
>>715068
I enjoyed this post.
>>
My dog could take anyone in this thread. I'll give you a sock with a lock in it, it doesn't matter. My dog will fuck you up.
>>
>>722111
I'm not a boxer but seriously, every single time I have punched something I seem to fuck up my pinky knuckle. I'm not sure what my first reaction in an actual fight would be but I'm pretty sure I'd go for a tackle before I went for a wild punch.
>>
>>705762
kek leash your dog before it gets shot sperglord
>>
>>722167
i was pretty much pro-gun all my life
but these dog threads convinced me the population is too retarded to be trusted with guns
i hope they take it all away seriously
>>
>>722133
>seriously believing this
The amount of healthy adults that die to a single dog is incredibly low
>>
>>722176
I'm pro-gun and I also love dogs. If you value your dog's life and safety then you should make a reasonable effort to keep it from harming other people or their property. I have a friend who lives in a rural area that has shot 4 dogs in the past year for killing his chickens on his property. He's well within his rights to do that, the owners of those dogs should've kept them on their own property if they were truly concerned about their dog's well being. If I had chickens or goats or other livestock and saw an unknown dog out there harassing or killing my animals on my property then I'd shoot the dog as well. In the same vein, if a dog is seriously attacking me then I wouldn't feel bad at all about shooting it. Keep your own dog under control and no harm will come to it.

For the record I've never been attacked by a dog and I don't normally carry my pistol on me when I go for walks in the nearby park.
>>
>>706345
Sorry, but an animal isn't a person. If he's got somebody's ill-mannered beast coming at him, he has a right to wreck that son of a (literal) bitch.
>>
>>706454
No, a human being has rights, your dog does not. You have property rights that extend to your dog, insofar as it is your property, and there are certain protections against cruelty toward animals. If, however, your property is being misused, and it poses a danger to others, their right to safety comes first in the eyes of the law.

In other words, if you aren't taking proper precautions to keep your wretched mutt away from others, they have a legal right to make doggie go bye-bye. If someone is protecting himself from your negligence, you are in the wrong for assaulting them for doing so.
>>
>>722204
>man's best friend vs dumb chicken
>picking chicken

There will be dogs waiting for you friend in hell.
>>
Lots of assblasted anons afraid of dogs ITT.
>>
>>722216
No. He also has a dog (german shepherd mix) but has set up a shock collar perimeter fence for it so that it doesn't leave his property and bother his neighbors. It is his duty to protect his animals and property. It is not his duty to sit at home all day and shoo random dogs away, nor is it his duty to train other people's dogs to leave his chickens alone.
>>
>>722215
>if you aren't taking proper precautions to keep your wretched mutt away from others, they have a legal right to make doggie go bye-bye
this is what retards actually believe
>there are certain protections against cruelty toward animals
true
>If, however, your property is being misused, and it poses a danger to others, their right to safety comes first in the eyes of the law
this is also true

what's not true is that you decide when a dog poses danger to you or your property and nobody can have a say in it. cause that's just in your dreams. the reality is you shoot a dog you need to have a damn good reason for it. meaning somebody or an other animal needs to be in real danger. not just a dog walks towards you or even growls at you like that other retard was saying.

>>722205
just what white folks said about niggers a few decades before. i told you you are a fucking hill billy inbred mongoloid retard.
>>
>>706948
Or, bear with me here, or, put a motherfucking leash on your motherfucking dog so this situation never arises. The person pepper spraying isn't breaking the law here, it's the jackass who refuses to obey leash laws.
>>
>>705790
Good advice but the guy beats dogs with a broken padlock. I don't think understand ing the world around him was ever a goal.
>>
>>705499
call the police each time you see an unleashed dog. it will be a chore at first but will solve the issue in a few days
>>
>>722544
This. They will get a fine that doubles with each offense. If the animal isn't registered, that's another fine. Depending on the area, you get more fines tacked on for unvaccinated animals, unfixed animals, and 'potentially dangerous' animals.

Some places around here, for an unfixed, unvaccinated dog you'd need to spend $500 in fines to get it back. Not including the fees for boarding, and the fees for it's required shots
>>
>>722524
that's beside the point nigra.
the point is people don't do that and you have to live with it because laws are laws and how people live is something else where the laws are not actively enforced. hell i would be hard pressed to find a law that a huge segment of population does not outright ignore.

and we are not even talking about serious stuff like murder or thieving or tax fraud. it's just dogs fucking off leash.

what you need to understand is there are 0.5 billion dogs on the planet at the very least. and dogs bite thousands of people each year but for every dog that bites (and thus violate our understanding about living together) you get a million that doesn't. criminals among humans are much much more common. why would you not assume a dog is innocent until it does something bad when you do this for humans that are much more likely to do you harm intentionally or unintentionally?
>>
>>722549
>for every dog that bites (and thus violate our understanding about living together) you get a million that doesn't.

You can't just make up numbers and present them as fact anon, that's not how statistics work.

http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-statistics/all-dog-bite-statistics

>There currently are 83.3 million dogs in the USA
>The most recent USA survey of dog bites conducted by CDC researchers concluded that in 2001, 2002 and 2003 there were 4.5 million American dog bite victims per year

Going by those statistics, more than 1 in 20 dogs will bite someone THIS YEAR.
>>
>>722555
wow
something is very wrong with murricans then...
2% biting of strangers incidence?

in my country it's like 0.0001%.

thefuck how is this possible?
>>
>>722535

I don't "beat" dogs. I smack them away from me when they charge me aggressively with their mouths open. Also the lock isn't broken.

Any more retarded words you'd like to puke out?
>>
>>722819
that just shows how stupid you are
an aggressive dog that plans to bite you will not come at you with mouth open it will only open it's mouth to bite.
when a dog is aggressive posturing it will have it's jaws tightened same as you.
>>
>>722826
of course that doesn't mean that if a dog comes at you with mouth open it won't bite you it's just not what he is planning but it's also possible that his mouth is open to pant but usually it's part of a relaxed non aggressive posture yawning and scratching pretending to look away of course can be a sign of stress same as humans.
>>
>>722814
That's not all strangers being bitten in those statistics, I'm sure it includes dog owners, veterinarians and their staff, etc.
>>
>>722826

So when a dog is running at me full speed, and it is barking constantly, teeth barred, I'm supposed to trust that it's friendly and won't bite?

Are you stupid or just trolling? I really can't tell

I have been bitten 3 times at this park, what you are saying is bullshit.
>>
>>722814
>2% biting
what kind of crack math are you doing? 1 in 20 is 5%
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.