[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My 13 and 15 year old Sisters go camping a lot with their Father.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
My 13 and 15 year old Sisters go camping a lot with their Father. I want to buy them each a survival/bug out bag for Easter. What should I include in it? Budget is $1,000 ($500 each).
>>
>>705290
>My 13 and 15 year old Sisters
>their Father
What about your wife's son?
>>
>>705297

I'm a 22 year old mate. No wife.
>>
>>705290
I don't get it...

But my girlfriend's daughter has been looking for a good backpack too so I'm open to ideas. My sister's husband also wants a Ray Rice jersey, any idea where to get the best deal on one of those?
>>
>>705321
Does your girlfriend's husband also goes /out/ with you and her or just waits till she gets home?
>>
>>705290
While bugout survival bags are nice for those of us who are into it, the vast majority of campers are not into the bugout aspect, especially that young unless their dad is into it.

You be better getting them a good backpack that could be used for generic camping, which is similar to bugout, except they can actually use it. No teenager is going to like getting a gift they need to place in a corner and not use. Get them a nice pack, and let them decide what they want to do with it. Suggest bugout, but general camp use should be a focus as well. You can find great packs under 200 bucks each. Maxpedition has hard use packs that can fit both camping and bugout needs. You can probably even find some in pink.
>>
>>705330
Last weekend they went out to try the new tent I bought her for Christmas. I was going to go with, but it is only a 2-person tent.

Good news is they said the tent works well.
>>
>>705331

That's what I had in mind, but I wanted to fill the pack with a few things. Was thinking of a sleeping bag, space blankets, cordage, fire starting kit, hatchet, etc. They go camping every weekend during the Summer. They go to a National Park campsite and go fishing at lakes nearby. So perhaps a gear bag for camping/fishing?
>>
Sleeping bag
Cookware
Headlamp
Canteen
Knife and/or Multitool (Leatherman Wave is perfect)
First Aid Kit (Self made are better but most of what you can find on the market will be good)
>>
500$ is a lot man. I wish someone could give me 500$ to use on /out/ gear.

If you're smart enough you can buy things they'll use all their life.
Though, don't buy expensive clothes/boots/backpack as they're going to grow and won't be able to use them.

I started /out/ activities by the age of 5 and had to wait 'till I'm 17 (I'm 20 now) to buy these expensive boots and backpack.
I think my entire gear is something like 800$, and I got pretty much all I need to go /out/ more than a week during winter (-20°C here in France)
>>
>>705290
>My 13 and 15 year old Sisters go camping a lot with their Father.
Someone's getting cucked somewhere.
>>
>>705371
I'm not OP but I have a sister and a brother, we have the same father but not the same mother. I still consider them as my brother and sister.

there's that thing called divorce, you know
>>
>>705371
some in this mess has got to mixted race as well.
>>
>>705379
>promiscuous family
wew la
>>
File: 1456870713588.jpg (3 KB, 92x92) Image search: [Google]
1456870713588.jpg
3 KB, 92x92
>raising someone else's children
>>
>>705290
A small daypack (sub 25 liters, maybe REI flash 18 or marmot kompressor), compass, small knife, fire starter, headlamp and REI gift card.

Or, better yet sign them up for some outdoor-related classes such as knife skills for kids, bushcraft, or nature studies/conservation related stuff!

Any sized gear you get them at this age will be outgrown within one season, so don't get sleeping bags, serious packs, or clothing.

My list would be:
Flash 18 daypacks, purple and teal ($35)
Opinel folding knives ($15, get a smaller size for the 13 year old) - they will get lost, don't get them a benchmade
Suunto a-10 and book on compass use and outdoor skills ($50) - do not get them duplicate books
Headlamps suitable their heads( $25 for two) - strap size for the 13 year old may be an issue
Fire-steel ($15)
First aid kit ($20)
Nalgene ($10)

That's $175 each, Spend about $100 on classes for each of them and give them $200 gift card and an REI membership for $20 (they'll get $20 back off spending the gift card and discounts on classes and events there.) Memberships is a 1 time fee so they'll be using it 10 years from now.
>>
>>705401
i meant $25 each on the headlamps
>>
>>705331
>implying all girls are into pink
>>
>>705621
>implying most aren't
>>
File: 1456707897583.jpg (40 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
1456707897583.jpg
40 KB, 459x600
>>705381
Wtf did I just read
>>
>>705621
You are part of the problem.
Girls being girly is okay. It is okay to the extent that we should encourage them to be cute and feminine.
I am so serious. Gender roles have been clearly defined for a long time. Actually for forever. Since we were first humans...

Men should be manly because the men who raise them were manly.
Women should be beautiful and feminine because the women who raised and taught them were feminine and knew how to best appear beautiful.
>>
>>705290
I want to camp with your sisters.
>>
>>705686
You're talking to a single moms kid. I doubt he has anything relavent to say about gender roles. These people are products of our fucked up society. The same bullshit that killed rome.
>>
>>705686
Ugly bitches still got pussy.

You need to lower your standards, elitist!
>>
>>705701
Indeed.
I would totally get them to sit with me looking at the stars and listening to the tree frogs and gently seduce them simultaneously.
Then I would fuck them like the nigger I am, which is to say that I would cum deep inside each of them individually and then never see them again.
>>
>>705706
Ugly bitches that don't understand and respect the natural order of things got a bed without my sexy ass in it.
>>
>>705707
As if niggers know wtf tree frogs even sound like. Stop pretending to be your dad.
>>
>>705706
Pardon me, I meant to say "my muscular, tan, traditionally masculine and sexy ass"
>>
>>705715
>Be nigger
>have a dad

This isn't the movies anon.
>>
>>705709
> respect
That's what fiberglass CB antennas are for, virgin bitch!
>>
>>705715
Can one only be a half nigger?
>>
>>705290
ky, birth control, and condoms. They'll need/use those more than anything 'survival' you'll buy them.
>>
>>705722
Not for a decade, friend. Or almost. 9 years. Either way, not a virgin.
>>
>>705716
No you didn't Brokeback Bitch Mountain Bottom, the slip was intentional, gay ass motherfucker.
>>
>>705726
So what was his name, was he your Priest?
>>
>>705723
Ask Obama.
>>
>>705720
They are talking about not even having black father figures in the movies soon
>>
>>706170
You mean a documentary?
>>
>>706643
not even in fiction: (
>>
>>705725
i came here to post this
>>
>>705706
Ugly bitches need to have marketable skills.

Hot chicks not so much.
>>
>>705290

I wouldn't do a bag, instead a smallish kit. It's nice to be able to pack for shit for your day, be able to throw in a small kit along with it. Plus it's easy to just throw in a small kit, have them be able to take it everywhere, unlike a large one that sits at home, never will be carried or trained with, etc.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.