[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
Post futuristic technologies for outdoors or technologies you wish were currently on the market.

Here's what I want. Shiver Shield. It is clothing made with aerogel insulation. Imagine a sleeping pad, clothing, and cooler using this stuff.
>>
>>704137
Wasn't there a paint/coating for the Space Suttle that was like R-42 insulation factor?

I would paint my wagon, pic related.
>>
File: shuttle2n-7-web.jpg (44 KB, 970x521) Image search: [Google]
shuttle2n-7-web.jpg
44 KB, 970x521
>>704139

cause the shuttle program was such a success
>>
>>704139
Aerogel is the insulation NASA uses. The only spray on neat-o thing I can think of is that nano particles stuff to prevent things from getting dirty, but it wears off after a while and makes things look whitish and dull. The newer stuff seems to be a bit better.

Ultra-Ever Dry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTkefJHfC0

But, yes there is an insulating paint that NASA has developed,

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/nasalife/green_paint.html
>>
>>704156
forgot webm

>>704150
back to /pol/ plz
>>
File: 55468640.jpg (107 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
55468640.jpg
107 KB, 400x400
>>704157
perfect baby clothing
>>
>>704157
>back to /pol/ plz
I'm not even that guy but /out/ really are a bunch of bleeding heart pussies
>>
>>704178
pussies = faggots
faggots = edgy
edgy = dark humor
>>
>>704187
> therefore pussis == funny, edgy darkness

Not buying.
>>
>>704174
Until the nanoparticles dtart getting into their skin, start being inhaled and have a currently unkown effect on cells. Wait some years until there has been conclusive research done on the effect of nano particles
>>
>>704872
You sound like the type of person who doesn't even want a superhero baby.
>>
>>704178
Sadly I have noticed this too. I mean what the fuck did anything in his post even have to do with /pol/?

The mere thought about whining about a dark joke on 4chan of all places is asinine and tells you that who ever posted it is from that certain website beginning with "R".
>>
> itt faggots fuck off

I want a fanny pack you can wear on your front that sucks your dick as you walk.

The fasrer you walk, the harder it sucks!
>>
File: E6zKqcm.gif (1017 KB, 495x296) Image search: [Google]
E6zKqcm.gif
1017 KB, 495x296
>>707804
dude just get a lamb and put a little backpack on it
>>
cure for out related diseases and like poison ivy would be cool
perhaps something that makes any wild fruit/vegetable edible
>>
hover hammocks of course
>>
>>704137
What i want: /out/ pants that aren't baggy as fuck perhaps a regular or even slim fit that tapers
>>
>>704137
Super-thin insulation? Sounds like a nice thing, but...
-How durable is it, does it lose loft over time?
-Is it breathable, how fast does it dry, does it insulate when wet?
-How heavy is it?
-Is it packable in any way (I presume not, from what I know about aerogels)?
>>
>>708193
>How many times can you wash it in a normal washing machine and dry it in a dryer?

That trumps most any /out/ clothing that isn't durable. I suggest contacting the people making Shiver Shield and asking them directly. I think it is still in testing and design phase though.

Personally, I think I'd rather make one that uses Airloy aerogel like laminar or scalemail. Then I know it'd be durable at least. It won't be as thin and nice as what is in that video though.
>>
>>704137
Cuben fibre 2 man tunnel tents that weight less than 2 lbs and cost less than $250.
>>
Omni Staff

A staff that can be used for:

walking stick
camera monopod
defense/hunting (bo/spear)
power generation (hand crank, hydro, wind turbine, solar)
fishing rod
flashlight
GPS enabled
Bluetooth enabled
WiFi enabled
Satellite PLB/phone/internet enabled

And, it can be completely broken down by the user to be repaired, augmented, upgraded, etc from off-the-shelf parts. I realize that last sentence is a pipe dream for pretty much all devices in the modern age.
>>
That spykids portable campsite that was like the size of a golfball but became a huge campsite. I wouldnt have to carry anything but food and water.
>>
>>708475
I wonder how much something like that would weigh?

How about a tent that is like the Tardis? Bigger on the inside.
>>
>>704157
If it was the black guy getting covered with paint and the white guy staying clean, it would be racist.
>>
>>708526
>isn't racist
>comes along to make it racist

Fuck off /pol/.
>>
>>708540

what is this dank new meme where we call true statements or funny jokes that hurt our feelings /pol/?
>>
>>707815
Pack goats are the best loadbearing option, and according to my new neighbour, Mohammed, they fuck good.
>>
>>708545
/pol/ is "Politically Incorrect" and racism is "Politically Incorrect". Like what is being done in >>708526
>>
>>708184
just take 'em to a tailor
>>
>>708480
Kind of like the ones in harry potter with furniture and shit
>>
When will an weightless bag of peanut M&Ms be created? Can any of you Americans inform me?
>>
>>708558
> fucking a goat or a boy high teck

How is anyting mudslime beyond numbers "high teck"?
>>
>>708885
I don't even remember that and I've seen all the movies.
>>
>>708592
no that's too rational and logical to me plus i live in what could be considered a 1st world african village and the closest city with a good tailor that won't charge my left ball is a solid 40 minute drive
>>
>>709284
>lives without high technology like a pair of scissors and a needle & thread

Maybe you should put those things on your /out/ tech wish list for this thread?
>>
>>704189
That's bad logic. Not necessarily true.
>>
>>709299
hell no i paid like 65$ dollars which is too much for me to ruin them by doing whatever you were implying plus i don't feel like splitting the leggings, measuring everything, cutting excess material, fiddling with the pockets etc. I'll probably just measure the width i want and send them to the tailor or just be a normal human being and drive the 40 minutes to the tailor
>>
>>708540
>>708589
top keks but I hear Tumbler is offensive in the politically correct manner honey
>>
>>708526
Friend, if I wanted to discuss the complete permeation of leftist, antiwhite and degenerate propaganda in our culture, I'd be on /pol/. This is a nice little board where we can rest our minds from these ugly topics, so I kindly ask you not to mention it. Thank you.
>>
File: Fuck you.gif (1 MB, 460x294) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.gif
1 MB, 460x294
>>708526
>>>/pol/
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.