[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camping solo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1440374368104.jpg (15 KB, 318x405) Image search: [Google]
1440374368104.jpg
15 KB, 318x405
UK fag here, how is camping solo?
>>
I don't know as I haven't been yet, planning to camp solo later this year though

Fell out with my camping buddy :(
>>
>>702420
It's not bad, you just need to find stuff to occupy your time so you don't feel bored / lonely. Go hiking, fishing, swimming, etc. during the day and bring a book and a reading light for at night. It gets boring if you're just gonna be sitting around your campsite by yourself for a couple of days.
>>
>>702420
Travel. Don't sit in the same spot. It gives your trip some purpose and you won't feel lonely.
>>
The same remedy for crippling loneliness any other time. Booze.
>>
>>702430
it really works for your daily life?
>>
>>702420

I don't get it, isn't solo the default option? Can you really not entertain yourself sufficiently without the presence of others?
>>
> solo camping: UK Edition
>>
I survived.
>>
>Nobody to argue with over choice of campsites
>Nobody to 'helpfully' dump an armful of sticks onto the flame you've lovingly coaxed out of wet tinder
>Nobody to ruin your night vision with his new 9,000-lumen REI headlamp
>Nobody to delay your progress while he sleeps in 'til 10am moaning about the cold
>Nor are you obliged to cook his lazy ass breakfast
>Don't have to worry about food hygiene -- knead bannock with snotty fingers, spit undercooked lentils back in pot
>Nobody to say "don't pick those alliums, they could be poison, and anyway it's illegal"
>Nobody to judge you for snot-rocketing while you sit by the fire
>Nobody to give you weird looks when you eat sardines with your fingers
>Don't have to worry about nylon rustling while you jerk off in tent
>>
I certainly wouldn't underestimate the british wilderness.
>>
>>702752
I wouldn't mind or do those things anon, except the jerking off
That's kinda weird
>>
>>702792
I know right? If I'm outdoors, I'm jerking off outside among the nature that I'm a part of!
>>
>>702439
Not him but it depends on your definition of works
>>
>>702752
>Nobody to talk to when you're bored
>Nobody to hang out with at the end of the day
>Nobody to share experiences/memories with
>Nobody else for the bear to chase

There are some upsides.
>>
>>702798
Haha. No it's just weird to jerk off when another dude is like, RIGHT there.
>>
>>702820
Wierd is jerking off into his mouth when his ass is RIGHT THERE!
>>
>>702801
does booze make it easier to cope with solitude?
>>
>>702752
With what kind of idiots are you camping ffs. Go get new friends.
>>
>>702420
It's fine, no, correction, it's great. If you're in company you constantly need to compromise and deal with someone's shit. Better share paths as long as it suits you and then part.
Not related, but after a few months in a tent, sleeping indoors feels wrong.
>>
>>702420
Same as sitting at home solo. Boring with chores to do. Only you're outside.
>>
>>702420
Would camping with your dog be considered camping solo, or are we specifically talking about being completely by yourself.
>>
>>702520
> a little too esoteric
>>
>>703130

If you're bored when you're alone you must be a boring person
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.