[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you simply move to where you most want to live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1452792683384.gif (3 MB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
1452792683384.gif
3 MB, 291x300
Why don't you simply move to where you most want to live and enjoy the life you dream of?
>>
A valid question?
>>
I actually prefer to live in urban areas and I come to /out/ to vicariously enjoy the scenery I don't have the patience to actually reach.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-11-25-18h07m33s5.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-11-25-18h07m33s5.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>694932
I did.
Best decision of my life.
Thanks for the advice, OP.
>>
>>694956

Good for you anon

Tell us about the decision and process
>>
I don't really "live" anywhere I guess. I decided to unload the majority of my worldly possessions and be a seasonal /out/ bum. Currently working at a ski lodge in Utah, headed to either Alaska or New England for the summer. Gonna hime the JMT after that before heading back to UT in the winter.
>>
I'm doing that this spring. I got a remote-work job and I'm moving to Washington, somewhere on the Kitsap Peninsula. If I had to live in a major city another year I'd probably kill myself or someone else.
>>
Because my livelihood is almost exclusively city-based.
>>
because the city is great when it comes to availability, but not so much when it comes to being outdoors.
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 275x183
I already do
>>
>>694932
Debilitating autism.

Seriously, I'm going to move? If I woke up one morning and the McDonalds wasn't where it always was I am not sure I could deal.

I go right, straight, straight, straight, left, right and the McDonald's is on the left. If I do that and there isn't a McDonalds where I can get a #10 with fries and a sprite, that isn't going to work out well for me.
>>
>>694932
>move
>implying i'm not already where i most want to live and enjoy the life i dream of

live innawoods, close to family, ocean's 20 minutes away, daytrip to the sierra, perfect weather, where else would i want to be?
>>
>>695636
Based montanon where are u
>>
>>695466

literally the worst excuse possible
>>
File: 4bUV7Ls.gif (1 MB, 352x200) Image search: [Google]
4bUV7Ls.gif
1 MB, 352x200
>>695659

Fat faggot.
>>
>want to move from Australia to Europe or Canada
>have no money to get overseas
>have qualifications that allow me to work anywhere, though they are reliant on technology
>want to own land and work from home for monetary income and have a permaculture small farm for consumables

Where could I do this cheaply, and have a good chance of actually getting accepted on a work visa, then being able to become a citizen and buy land? I don't know anyone in other countries so don't really care where I go, I just want some nice farming land.
>>
File: oceanfeel.png (395 KB, 680x665) Image search: [Google]
oceanfeel.png
395 KB, 680x665
>>694932

Because there currently are zero permanent colonies in the ocean. There is I think one or two cramped little government labs but nowhere I could go live with hundreds of other people to live, work, and start a family.
>>
>>694932
I did, in 1996

It was a good decision
>>
>>695659
What will you do when they close down for maintenance and repairs?
>>
>>695068
Go to Alaska and live off the land maybe bring some rice just in case 10 lbs should be good
>>
>>695636
>>695687
Fuck I want to move back. Main problem is if I do montana is one of the worst states for employment for me
>>
>>695770
Merica
>>
Because Denmark is a difficult country to immigrate to, and typically do not want dirty foreigners invading their heaven. Real talk, if anyone can give me tips on immigrating I would love you forever. I'm a U.S. Navy Veteran, and love working in the maritime industry.
>>
>>695068
You will love the JMT man, I did it last summer in 20 days and loved it. Started solo and met up with a group of diverse people, specifically one individual who came all the way from Japan to hike the trail. He loved it so much he decided to finish his three 50k races in Utah, and come back in order to hike it the other direction. I would recommend spending as much time as possible doing it. Do yourself a favor and hit up the hot springs at Muir Trail Ranch. Skinny Dipped with some chick named Trailmix and quite the enjoyable evening.
>>
>>695733
>Have dream job
>What you always wanted to do
>Brings fullfilment and happiness
>Live a good life surrounded by faithful friends

What wrong is there, anon?
>>
>>695785
Have you considered a life as a submariner anon?
>>
broke as fuck
>>
>>695889

good goy
>>
>>694932
Would absolutely love to , my dream is to move about thirty miles out of the city I'm currently in , but a few acres , just enough to keep some poultry , few pigs , grow my own veggies and build a house .
Literally not a day goes by that I don't think of it , want out of here within ten years before my kids get too old , don't want them being teenagers here
>>
Because money, OP, because money.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 2000x1000
>>696167
>>
>>695687
From Missoula, going to school in Helena, but probably going to FVCC next year
>>
Because I've decided to get married and try to be content with having my dreams diluted by conflict with sometime else's.
Still trying to figure that one out.
>>
Because I am poor as fuck.

Need some sort of a income to have the option be realistic.
>>
>>694932
cause uncle sam won't have me
>>
>>695659
autism is all in your head

I used to be autistic until I started smoking weed stopped giving a fuck and moved on with my life.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.