[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm homeless, and down on my luck in a shitty city in a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: 1454123005661.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454123005661.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
I'm homeless, and down on my luck in a shitty city in a shitty state. So, I've decided to to LA or San Diego by train. I have a backpack, some clothes, about $400 after my train ticket, and a phone to my name. What are some good tips to help me survive and start over in the new city?
>>
>>690738
god damnit check the catalog
4 homeless threads is too damn many
>>
>>690738
LA here, if cutie you can stay in my house but sexual favors are a must.
>>
>>690743
Really?
>>
>>690738
san diego is really fucky for homeless. you would imagine otherwise, but the entire place is set up where you cannot reach any meaningful distance by foot. downtown san diego is pretty shit for the vagabond, even being a coastal city. luckily it only costs about 14 dollars to get from SD to LA and vice versa on the weekends. nobody wants to be homeless anon, everybody wants a goal. id say let your actions be in pursuit of your goals instead of otherwise
>>
>>690775
if this mother fucker would check the god damn catalog and read a fucking thread his ass would be properly informed already for fucks sake
>>
>>690738
Here's a tip

Don't come to LA. The police are trying to get people off the streets and most of the street dwellers are drug addicts and/or violent

Plus the city looks like shit. And any respectable looking areas won't be hospitable to you at all
>>
>can't be bothered to scan the Catalog for 30 seconds

Bet you just EXHAUSTED that job search didn't you anon
>>
If you come to San Diego I can give you a food supply and some warm clothes.

But another poster put it pretty well. You have to cover a lot of ground on foot to get anywhere. I live in the suburb and the nearest grocery store is a 15 minute drive away.
>>
>>690775
>>690799
>>690782
What about someplace like Chicago? What city would you all suggest for my situation?
>>
>>690818
i suggest you read the catalog where all this shit is spelled out for you already in the 3 other homeless advice threads
>>
>>690818

San Diego would still work I think. Pacific Beach is an area full of young people and it's generally friendly.

What's your goal, exactly?
>>
>>690834
I'm not 100% sure. I just have enough money for a train ticket to whichever city, and I know that being homeless somewhere else is better than being homeless where I am. I want to start over where there is opportunity for work, and I can get on my feet. My goal for this year is to gain employment, transportation, and shelter, and save up enough to start school next year.
>>
>>690837

I suggest you move to a small town and ask for work there.

You dont want to go to modern Babylon, it's hell.

Much more for you
>>
>>690840
That's exactly where I am, and that's a horrible idea for anyone.
>>
>>690842
Read the other threads and delete this one
>>
>>690837
I'm not sure you'd have very good luck mate. Those major California cities have MASSIVE homeless populations. You'd just be another zombie in the streets that people want to avoid. If you really want to get your act together, go to a smaller town with a smaller homeless population. I'm not joking when I say San Fran, LA, San Diego are like bum magnets. You will be hard pressed to find work. I'd go smaller town.
>>
>>690740

Dude, more than 1 is to damn many...with how often these threads pop up, even 1 atm is to many.
>>
>>690845
Small towns are not good. I've lived in a small town for my whole life.
>>
>>690849
a small town is not all small towns. and small town is subjective. compared to san diego, everything is a small town. just don't go to one of the biggest cities in the country because it looks good on tv. that''s what all the other homeless do. open a map find a place you never heard of go there.
>>
>>690847
For real. I'm not gonna re post all the info I threw in the other ones here for this chump either. He's retarded anyway.
>>
>>690845
if you were ever unfortunate enough to have to take your own advice, you would hate yourself for posting that. homelessness in small areas is the absolute most depressing thing i can imagine. the bigger the homeless population, the more inviting. i dont see homelessness as a cancer, and i dont see growing homelessness as a growing problem, unless it is affecting families
>>
>>690837

Hm... if you're coming to start a new life I'd be careful. From a long term perspective, settling will be difficult because housing here is getting really expensive. If you want you could try settling in East County. It's a bad area but the gangs are nothing like they used to be.

What jobs have you held before? If you have no professional education working for In-N-Out might be a good spot. I've seen at least $12 dollar/hour starting wages, and the community there seems incredibly friendly. You'll definitrly want to find something that keeps your morale up.
>>
>>690738
public restrooms = free whatever
>>
>>690872
fuck I meant water
autocorrect lmao
>>
I'm currently "homeless" in Florida. I'm really just camping all the time tho. Just make sure you are near the coast when its summer. Most park/ trail bathrooms have running water and a drain in the floor, so you can shower. Usually I park my car way out in no where, ride my bike to the trailhead with a bathroom, and lock my bike up and pitch camp a mile or so in. I just move whenever I'm bored.
>>
>>690885
What do you do for money??
>>
>>690865
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>690738
>about $400
chooses to go to one of the most expensive areas in the country.

OP is not intelligent enough to survive.
>>
OP will die hungry
>>
>>690840
This guy is right
>>690842
>>690849
Then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>691014
please dont carelessly give advice when you dont have experience
>>
>>691016
I've had $600 and only $600 and was able to go to a small town, get a job, get a room, get me feet under me again, reestablish myself so don't fucking tell me I don't know what's up.
You are either fucking stupid or simply don't have drive.
Small towns can be very forgiving and people are willing to help when they see you are not a fuck up.
>>
>>691010
this, he's also too dumb to read the other homeless threads before making this pointless shit where everyone is just telling him the wrong thing to do anyway

>>691014
yes

>>691016
oh, you mean like go to a huge city because it's better for the homeless right? you dense piece of shit, you're the one talking out of your ass. avoid cities like the plague unless you're a junkie.
>>
>>690738
Apologize to your father and quit being such a fucking babby.

He was right when he told you to quit acting like a faggot!

If your lucky, he will let you borrow his car to drive for UBER
>>
>>690999
Hand jobs
>>
>>691035
He died from cancer
>>
>>691022
how can you tell someone to stop talking out their ass, and then talk out of your own ass at the same time. that takes a high lack of self awareness
>>
>>691064
please, please tell me where i'm wrong
>>
>>691068
no, small towns are not more welcoming or friendly. the police are obligated to their crime rates, the people are obligated the their property value. ive been in big and small, and small intentionally make themselves inaccessible. idk wtf above posters is talking about 600 dollars for because that is fuckall what is being asked. 'i left my old home with 600 dollars and rented a new home, the end'.

there is not only less support and less opportunity, there is more force used against you. calling homeless junkies in big cities is about as fucked as you can sound. your /pol tinted glasses dont mean shit in reality, and nobody wants to be homeless in some hobunk town where you dont know which direction is up

people dont come to LA, SD, bay area because they are junkies, they come for the ocean, which i already said represents many things to the vagabond. if the pacific ocean is to your left, you are facing north, if its to your right, you are facing south. this might seem metaphysical and you may see that as reinforcing your point, but that sense of direction is priceless to those without direction
>>
people dont migrate to areas with homeless cultures only to join that culture, but because they are forced to leave wherever they are coming from.
>>
>>691076
lol get fucked big cities are SHIT and your yuppie ass will never know if you really believe all that boolshit you just threw at me. big city home bums ARE junkies you dumb Fuck. I've been homeless all over this country. California is shit for it. you want college towns, and you want to travel end of story. staying in one place especially one of the most blown up shitholes in the country like California is the wrong way to do it. /out/ has no street smarts.
>>
If travel is what you want, then come on down to SD, we have plenty of travelers and lots of cool stuff to see. If you're looking to get "back on your feet" (back in doors, off your feet really) then you're better off going somewhere smaller and doing your best to not seem homeless while looking for work
>>
>>691086
But, where?
>>
>>691084
the more people you call yuppie, the more you sound like one
>>
>>690837
>I want to start over where there is opportunity for work, and I can get on my feet. My goal for this year is to gain employment, transportation, and shelter, and save up enough to start school next year.
You posted this OP, yes?

>>691076
>600 dollars is fuckall
and this?

>>691076
>police are obligated to their crime rates
and this?

If you are the same person this is a troll thread OR you simply don't want to succeed.
You say you want to get on your feet yet you imply police are going to arrest you for their quota.

Find a fucking room for $50 a week somewhere. They exist.
Get a fucking job, any job, they exist.
Work on getting a better job because they exist.
If you don't like your housing improve it once you've landed better job.

Or sit and whine that nobody understands your plight because you're the only precious snowflake that has ever been through it.

Nobody needs to be homeless. It's not fucking brain surgery.

Now you can tell me how I'm incorrect.
>>
>>691111
I only posted the first one tho
>>
>>691095
Your town, the next town over, the next one after that. I guarantee there is labor between you and California
>>
If you're able-bodied why not join the military?
Or I know in southern AZ you can work the lettuce fields for 10 bucks and hour.
If the illegals can do it so can you
>>
try dumpster diving,you find allot of valuable stuff if you look in the right places
>>
>>691232
>If you're able-bodied why not join the military?
Because I have a conscience.
>>
>>691244
>because im a lazy pussy
FTFY
>>
>>691244
>literally every single in the military kills kids
Get a Fucking Job with a trade dumdum.
>be housed
>be fed
>have no bills to pay
>get the best medical and dental insurance
>save up every penny you make unless you smoke drink or buy a car
>get out, get apartment, use GI bill and get paid to be a student full time
>now I have 3-4 years experience and a degree in whatever field/trade of my choosing
>nah I'd rather be homeless because I have a conscious
The military is what you make of it retard.
Not everyone has to be some drunk, dipping redneck getting blown up by brown people
>>
>>690738
>I'm homeless, and down on my luck in a shitty city in a shitty state. So, I've decided to to LA or San Diego by train.

Are you workshy? if not move up to alaska and work at a cannery this summer.

AVOID: LA, SF, SD, Portland, Seattle

>>690849
major cities are not going to present working opportunities for you. is the small town that you live in a production economy or a service economy(tourist trap)?
>>
>>691244
>>691248
That wasn't me either. I don't know why people are pretending to be me, but its dumb. I tried the military and got medically discharged. I want to reenlist, but it's much harder for me to do now, and I need a difficult to get waiver. I'm looking into it to no avail.

>>691259
The second post you're replying to is me, also. The town I live in is not a production economy or service economy. There is literally. Nothing here. Nothing is within walking distance. There are no jobs here that put anyone that's trying to get off of the street in any sort of advantageous position.
>>
OP is gaaaaay and he is dumb as fuuuck toooo hooraaaayyyyy
stupid faggot OP bein dumb as shit, stupid stupid stupid whiny little bitch
stupid pointless thread cloggin up the board
pushin good threads off foreverrrrrr
you are gay as fuck OP and you need to read the board before you post gay threads like this
because youre such a gaaaaaaaayyyyyyy fag
ima catch you off the beat and beat that ass boyyyyyy with my fist and my dick and ima take yo shit
stupid stupid stupid green OP being gay and dumb
foreverrrrrrr
>>
>>691408
> beat that ass
> with fist and dick
> ass
> with
> dick

Do you know what "gay" even means?
>>
>>691434
yes, you're gay because youll take my dick
>>
>>691443
Anon, I'm a dude.

Newsflash cowboy, fucking dudes means YOU'RE gay!
>>
>>691445
nah man you're the fag
fag
>>
Guys, I'm sorry for this. Even though I'm not OP I feel fully responsible for this homeless thread and the subsequent troll threads that have followed. I directed him here. I didn't know it would end like this. Again, I'm sorry.

>>>/trv/1082008
>>
>>691446
>>
>>691465
I absolve thee for you have asked for forgiveness and it shall be delivered.
>>
>>691470
> pedo alert
>>
>>691474
hehehe I almost spit out my drink

Say 3 hail mary's and then pick up that penny young man
>>
>>691259
Also stay out of Humboldt. Hoboes tend to kill each other around here a lot. Plus, the tweakers and skinheads like to target them for a good kicking. And the cartels consider them to be disposable labor for the plantations in the national forests. It's cheaper than importing campesinos from Guatemala.
>>
>>691400
If you got medically discharged, you're getting disability pay. And you have a plethora of free VA benefits to draw on.
>>
>>690837
Buy a car.
>>
>>691694
>the cartels consider them to be disposable labor
They are disposable.
>>
>>691772
Okay
>>
>>691057
zomg i just lost
>>
OP here.
Just bought a bunch of chap stick and a 5 gallon bucket of vasoline.
Am I good to make it now?
>>
>>692086
Planning on selling that ass OP?

If so you want KY not Vasoline, Vasoline is for external use only.
>>
>>694700
This desu senpai
>>
>>690738
You are going to die you know
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.