[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to go hunting for the first time next week, any advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: v4we4tgergtcfh.jpg (104 KB, 400x466) Image search: [Google]
v4we4tgergtcfh.jpg
104 KB, 400x466
Going to go hunting for the first time next week, any advice?
>>
don't die
>>
>>689415
Make gun safety into muscle memory, go with someone experienced who knows the area, make sure you have both permission to be where you're hunting and permission to hunt there. Basic common sense stuff, really.
>>
>>689420
good luck!
>>
hunting for what, and with what?
>>
What's the point of blaze orange and camo?

Is the hope that if the deer sees blaze orange gear it doesn't matter because the camo breaks up the silhouette?

>deer don't see in colour.
If that's true they'd still see something man-shaped though, right?
>>
>>689492
it's true that they don't see colour, and I guess since camo pattern helps to break up shapes it will make your "man-shape" aka silhouette harder to detect

also, the orange hat and vest is something he can take off and go full camo if he wants too
>>
>>689492
The hi vis is to make other degenerate hunters aware you are there. But ultimately this doesn't work because Ameriswines are bred from piglets to shoot anything they can get away with because it's their right.

At least I think that's what the fluro is for.
>>
>>689462
Either squirrels or rabbits with a semi auto 20 GA
>>
File: bow.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
bow.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>689415
When you see your quarry, best to go in with all you got.
>>
>>689492
The orange makes you invisible to deer but the camo makes it so you don't look like an escaped prisoner. If you were in all orange, like a jumpsuit you would look suspect.
>>
>>689557
He trying to get his arrow back, that's all. Bird probably snuck up and stoled it.
>>
>>689557
>rips out the fucking arrow without killing the bird first

m8
>>
>>689521
you're joking right?
>>
>>689588

He just wants his arrow. The bird is free to leave.
>>
>>689492
>What's the point of blaze orange and camo?
>Is the hope that if the deer sees blaze orange gear it doesn't matter because the camo breaks up the silhouette?
The blaze orange is to make sure that you don't get shot and the camo is to break up your silhouette. At least, in theory; most "hunting" camouflage patterns are fucking horrible and tend to fill in to dark blobs.

>>689588
You can see him snap its neck right before he grabs the arrow.
>>
>>689592
what's the problem here
>>
>>689557
>throwing a $500-$1000+ bow at a bird

Jesus, that guy must have more money than sense.
>>
>>689793
I'd like to know too, most people hunt squirrel or rabbits using either a shotgun or a .22lr in this area.
>>
>>689793
>>689800

Maybe its just me but I wouldn't expect there to be much squirrel left after a blast from a 20ga.
>>
>>689510
On the contrary, Americans tend to shoot at orange no-shoot markers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/190th_Fighter_Squadron,_Blues_and_Royals_friendly_fire_incident
>>
>>689569
Lol what? Have you actually ever hunted? A lot of hunters wear full blaze orange suites.
>>
>>691812
It's you. Shotguns are by far the most diverse firearm out there. Shotgun is an ideal weapon with the right load and choke.
>>
>>691812
Tight choke and rabbit shot= dead rabbit with not much damaged/destroyed meat

not like they're dumping buckshot or slugs at em
>>
>>689415
If your house burns down while your gone, your gun is illegal.
>>
>>692020

Squirrels though, not rabbits
>>
>>689799
He has strong morals I think
>>
>>689557

Man that would have been so much easier if he'd had something he could shoot it with
>>
>>689415
try to shoot the animals, not youreself or your hunting mates
>>
>>689799
Seconding
>>692931
Dude just wants to put the bird out of its misery, and throwing the bow was the fastest way to do that.
>>
>>689415
Hunting isn't for everyone, and some people cant stomach watching an animal be taken. If you can't handle it and break down like some people do, dont worry, its totally normal.
>>
>>692290
Same idea do you think birds get destroyed when shot with a shotgun? Use a reasonable shot and choke and everything will be great
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.