[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pack Goats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
ITT: We discuss experiences with pack goats, pros and cons as well as potential uses
>>
File: CIMG1122.jpg (164 KB, 820x615) Image search: [Google]
CIMG1122.jpg
164 KB, 820x615
Never seen goats, but seen lots of llamas
>>
>>684509
Tell me about it
>>
>>684517
See them at least once a year in the Sierra on the trails
I think they are pretty foul tempered
Sometimes the people look unhappy they decided to use them
I think they are supposed to be sure footed though
>>
File: goat-inset-1.jpg (245 KB, 1200x742) Image search: [Google]
goat-inset-1.jpg
245 KB, 1200x742
Whenever I see this picture, I'd like to imagine the goats packed their own little backpacks and set out for adventure
>>
>>684527
>I think they are pretty foul tempered

I think that's a safe bet. Goats don't like carrying shit around especially not for strangers.
You pretty much have to raise your own packgoats the moment they are off their mothers teat so you become their alpha-goat and they are forced to play along lugging your stuff around.
>>
I've got friends who have a pack goat. He's a retired goat now, but they took him on a bunch of trips. It seems like more trouble than it's worth to be honest, because you have to have a trailer to transport the goats, and you really need more than one to make it worthwhile because they can't carry a ton.

I have some other friends who go out camping in the desert riding mules, and that seems like more fun to me than dragging a goat or a llama around.
>>
>>684574
>mules
I hate those things. I think they are the cancer of the backcountry
>spread brucellosis
>shit out non native seeds
>cause erosion
>bring people places they don't deserve to be
>>
>>684559
Hahahahahhahahahha this is so comfy
>>
>>684559
>tfw no goat bro telling you that carrying food is deadweight when grass is everywhere
>>
>>684508
You're in the presence of somebody who OWNS and TRAINS pack goats, AMA.
>>
>>684576
>>684574
>>684573
OP here

The people across the street own part of the mountain range that a couple hundred acres, basically I am thinking about getting one to make it easier to weekend /out/ .

One issue we have are hyenas and the occasional mountain lion though so idk what to do
>>
>>684597
Post proof
>>
>>684595
>>tfw no goat bro telling you that carrying food is deadweight when grass is everywhere

but imagine the joy of farting goats after they ate all the canned beans
>>
I think it's comfy, can you also fuck them?
>>
>>686001
Women for duty, boys for pleasure, but goats for ecstasy
>>
>>686027
>now I want to fuck a goat that's fucking a dude that's fucking a woman

Great. Am I wierd?
>>
>>686638
>Am I wierd?
It's weird that you didn't want to before.
>>
I had a chance to work with pack llamas through my EnEd Minor, they were pretty chill. The handler claimed that they don't mind lugging packs and being led by humans. She may have been bullshitting but they were pretty entertaining to work with.
>>
>>686681
So do Nigerian Pigmy goats add a kinky twist? You seem based.

> btw safe sex only, rubbers or no deal

I'm not a preevert you know!
>>
>>684599
Hyenas?
>>
Perhaps (and quite likely) this is a stupid question, but do goats need packed food or do they just eat whatever is along the way? I'm just thinking that if half of what they carry is their own food, like in a dog's hiking pack, it wouldn't really be worth it, but if if they just forage everything, they could be quite useful.
>>
>>687456
I'd imagine that having a goat forage along the way could be very destructive to the plant life along the trail, especially if you had a group. It would probably be frowned upon or outright banned on a trail that sees a lot of use, as most places have rules about preserving the plant life.
>>
File: Pack Goats.png (4 MB, 1557x1969) Image search: [Google]
Pack Goats.png
4 MB, 1557x1969
I've been waiting for this thread.
>>
>>688207
roll
>>
>>688207
rOlLiNg
>>
>>684559
Islamic version of Homeward Bound
>>
>>688207
Praying for dubs!
>>
>>688599
Shieet
>>
File: 611px-Hunter_Special_2.png (605 KB, 611x599) Image search: [Google]
611px-Hunter_Special_2.png
605 KB, 611x599
goatrollin
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.