[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /out/ jam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: ZRock.jpg (56 KB, 594x458) Image search: [Google]
ZRock.jpg
56 KB, 594x458
What kind of music does /out/ listen to while outdoors or going outdoors?
I personally bounce between CCR and Kid Rock.
>>
File: 1366158616455_floot.png (46 KB, 329x455) Image search: [Google]
1366158616455_floot.png
46 KB, 329x455
>>678071
i rock the tin whistle

https://clyp.it/fkj041mz
>>
>>678071
>CCR and Kid Rock.
Are you a redneck by chance?
>>
>>678075
Ish. Family is from Texas, and Iowa. First generation CA and I hate it.

>>678074
Not bad anon, keep practicing.
>>
File: Holophoner.jpg (112 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Holophoner.jpg
112 KB, 1440x1080
>>678071
I play (barely) the shakuhachi flute
>inb4 weeb
>inb4 fedora-tipper
I just wanted the most odd sounding and complicated thing that is still transportable. So I bought a used plastic shakuhachi.
I like it and it gives me peace to play, but I sound like shit.
>>
>>678083
I bought a balalaika for the same reason, my friend. To bad I've put in zero effort to learn it
>>
>>678083
*looks up Shakuhachi flute*
Holy shit, that thing must weight like three pounds of just pure plastic.

Maybe we should make an /out/ meeting of the musicians and just fuck around in the woods making weird music and scaring the normies?
>>
>>678109
more like one pound, but it is pretty indestructible. People that can play well say that it would sound alright for a budget flute and that I just can play for shit.
The orchestra sounds like a good idea, where do you want to meet up?
>>
>>678118
I'd say Oklahoma because that's basically the middle of CONUS, but Texas because it's prettier and I originally came to 4chan for /k/
>>
>>678071
On that topic, anyone ever played Hang?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBiVq2MsCbs
>>
>>678129
No, but it's beautiful and if I had the opportunity to learn it I would.
>>
File: 9cR6bozce.png (10 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
9cR6bozce.png
10 KB, 178x178
>>678130
>>678129
we should start a band, a whole gorup of us doing surf music on hang drums

we'll be called "The Hang Ten"
>>
>>678132
OR Or or.
We could have a hang drum be part of a Hard Rock band along with my Banjo.
>>
>>678130
There is not much to learn about it, seems like anybody can play. A nice person allowed me to play her Hang for half an hour, and I sounded OK instantly. You can just play right away with that thing.
The hard part is getting the Hang, they told me you need to travel to Switzerland and buy it personally from some old Hippies who handmade them. It costs a small fortune and they only sell if they like you.
>>
>>678133
We can call it "Hangman and The Gallows"
>>
>>678147
YESSSS
Holy shit. That's great
>>
>>678071
I'm super autistic about music while /out/. Unless you're playing an instrument turn that shit the fuck off and enjoy your company/surroundings. Also, kid rock? What the fuck anon..
>>
I just hit random on my Gucci Mane 1000+ track playlist

>whippin' over an open fire
>>
>>678084
Just looked that up. How does it sound?
>>678134
I don't like hippies lol
>>678153
I understand your sentiments about playing music while /out/ but sometimes in a hike you've taken 20 times before you need a little more and sometimes music can do it.

>>678233
I don't even know who that is but okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (375 KB, 1000x978) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
375 KB, 1000x978
>Message To Bears
>>
>>678071
CCR I can dig but not kid rock so much.

I usually play rock. I like to play copperhead road on the way out... sometimes the music from a river runs through it when I'm going fly fishing. A little folk stuff too like john denver or gordon lightfoot. Just whatever gets me in the right mood. Oh and sometimes I'll play more old style country like Hank Williams or johnny cash (although he's kind of in his own category). I used to hang out a lot in cowboy country for fishing.
>>
>>678798
I can dig it. May not me my daily listen, but's great for /out/
>>678820
HANK WILLIAMS JR STRONK. Love me some Jr, and Sr. is good too. Third is just... weird. +1 for cowboy country.
>>
So i just learned about vaporwave
Holy shit this is the best driving /out/ music ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x393
>>678940
Check this shit out brah
>>
Sturgill Simpson
>>
I sing shanties and pretend i'm a swashbuckler
>>
>>678078
Slipknot?
>>
File: rebel-meets-rebel-4f74c102851e0.jpg (565 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
rebel-meets-rebel-4f74c102851e0.jpg
565 KB, 1000x1000
>>682194
Rebel Meets Rebel is better.
>>
>>678233
this

i also bang two things against each other to make a rythm for my own raps
>>
>>678071
shuffle. the correct answer is always shuffle
>>
>>684678
YEsssssss
>>
>No Grateful Dead

/out/ I am seriously disappoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luAqu8VX5wo
>>
>>683856
>>682194
These anons know whats up
>>
yeah I bring my guitar and jam out pinkerton once I've got some drink in me because >tfwnogf
>>
mac demarco
techno casually
john frusciante
vaporwave
>>
>>682194
Some Dkots the dancing bear is always nice on the woods
>>
I listen to the sounds of the forest and nature because I go /out/ to escape all that other shit

but all memes and pretentiousness aside, I like to listen to calm alt rock stuff when hanging out by the fire at night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqXPrylWkBE
>>
i play necro
>>
>>686683
I've heard this before and I actually like it.
It's atmospheric as fuck, and I seriously think next time I talk about what music I listen to I should wait a week or three to write everything down.
>>
Blitzen Trapper

Name an /out/er band...you can't.
>>
File: lte gatefold.jpg (2 MB, 4940x2327) Image search: [Google]
lte gatefold.jpg
2 MB, 4940x2327
All of you boys should listen to Lift to Experience.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.