[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ayo where do I take these when they're empty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: jiLSilO[1].png (319 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
jiLSilO[1].png
319 KB, 480x480
Ayo where do I take these when they're empty?
>>
Refill them yourself
>>
>>674465
I bought a valve to do that and I never got them more than ~half full with a full propane tank and it only dwindled from there because of muh equilibrium pressure
>>
>>674469
Freeze your propane tanks and fill them them to the half way point. As you fill each one put them directly back into the freezer. Once you fill your last bottle to the half way point, pull the first bottle you filled out of the freezer and hook it up again. Should take another 5 minutes or so and be careful not to over fill it. It will fill 100% full if left unattended. Works every time.
>>
cut em in half and use them as crucibles for melting aluminum and copper
>>
throw them in the garbage like batteries and cardboard
>>
>>674465
this is stupid fucking dangerous
>>
>>674530
+1

Although with batteries and near-empty aerosol cans, I prefer tossing them in my bonfires at the beach.
>>
>>674464
Google any nearby recycling centers, most major urban centers will have a number of them nearby. Take it there and Itcs their problem.
>>
>>674605
My local recycling center charges for old TV dropoffs so if they want to charge for these then lel
>>
>>674532
>>dangerous

It's not the least bit dangerous. If it were, the liability issue would prevent the sale of the adapters that allow them to be refilled. Hell, you can buy the adapters at Walmart which shows that even the most brain dead Neanderthal can safely use one.
>>
>>674464

Just toss them away on the trail.รง

They're biodegradable or sum shit.
>>
>>674464
Knock a hole in them with a rock hammer, then they become scrap metal. Bleed off all pressure, first.
>>
I shove them up my ass, then clench till they are formed into ingots.
>>
>>674464
I just huck mine into the bush after they're done... Sometimes If I have a rifle I'll use it as a target but even then in the bush it goes.

It'll just rust out eventually
>>
>>674700
you can buy condoms at walmart too. I know lots of brain dead people with children tho...
>>
File: read_the_sticky0.jpg (16 KB, 560x85) Image search: [Google]
read_the_sticky0.jpg
16 KB, 560x85
>>674911
Next time, please stay home
>>
>>674469
My tanks have a schrader valve in the top of the tank that I assume allows you to vent the tank and fill it completely.

Also, if you flip your big tank upside down it should fill right up since you're filling with liquid at that point amirite?
>>
>>674532
I bet you think reloading your own ammunition is dangerous too.
>>
>>674975
That's human waste you fool. These cani's aren't going to contaminate the water.
>>
>>675119
What part of "pack it in, pack it out" don't you understand
Take only pictures, leave only footprints

>rust out eventually
I routinely find cans, some over a hundred years old
Your used propane cylinders are litter
And the rest of us are sick of finding your litter in the backcountry

Stay at home or in the parking lot at the trailhead with your trash
>>
>>675118
It's got about the same failure rate as Remington ammunition.
>>
>>674862
I personally usually do this
>>
>>674748
> muh oxidation
>>
>>675159

>the rest of us are sick of finding your litter in the backcountry

Too bad. I don't have trash service so all my garbage gets dumped in the various forests near my house. It's really not bothering anyone so kindly mind your own beeswax
>>
File: 1450288599512.jpg (52 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
1450288599512.jpg
52 KB, 700x392
>>674902
>>
>>675489
>It's really not bothering anyone
How do you know?
I'm telling you, we find your trash, or trash from people like you
People will be dealing with your litter for centuries

You are a poor steward of the land and a selfish person
In urban areas, homeless people act like you
Please move to India or Africa
>>
>>675630

>People will be dealing with your litter for centuries

It's called archaeology my Mongol friend. It gives people something to do in the woods, whether it's smashing glass bottles or exploring the past. Lighten up m8, if everyone was like you there would be no history
>>
File: worldpopgr.gif (11 KB, 402x306) Image search: [Google]
worldpopgr.gif
11 KB, 402x306
>>675657
This is a lazy rationalization

I don't think you understand how archaeology works, or how many people there are now
With fewer people, the trash of civilization and subsequent archaeological artifacts were more rare, and useful
Now, there is a stratum of human garbage
Your trash is neither useful, or wanted.

A dog doesn't care about the long term consequences of its actions either
>>
>>675346
It's not uncommon. It's how we used to process near-empties when I was a household hazardous waste tech.
>>
>>675690
Jesus christ that graph is depressing. Humans are a cancerous virus (if there was such a thing. A cancerous virus would probably help bring the population back down...)
>>
>>675159
biodegradable. Just takes a while. Do you pack out your poop? I bet you don't. Why do you have different rules for me then?
>>
>>675833
First you say it's for archaeology and then you say it's biodegradable. Do you realize the contradiction here?
>biodegradable
Or maybe you don't know what that words means. Let me help you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biodegradable_waste

Poop is food for microorganisms
And on big walls, I use a poop tube to pack it out
>>
>>675737
>cancerous virus (if there was such a thing.
there is
>>
>>675888
Trips confims

Humans are HPV
>>
>>675884
I'm not archaeology guy, I'm decomposing guy but archaeology guy is more right than you are.
How are futures peoples supposed to know how we lived if there isn't stuff to dig up and recreate it?
>>
>>675915
Computers? Skyscrapers? The flag we put on the moon? I can't ever imagine how they might figure it out...
>>
>>674464
>Ayo where do I take these when they're empty?

I refill them. Much cheaper than buying new ones.
>>
>>674911
>huck mine into the bush after they're done

Asshole hunter detected.
>>
>>675921
Ice age, maybe electronics fail, you seem to believe society is indestructible. Books burn.
Oh look, all they had was these big buildings.
How Planet of the Apes...
>>
>>675960
Project much, or is your brain muscle-bound because the only exercise it gets is jumping to conclusions?

BTW, I'm not that guy.
>>
>>675737
no we're not you edgy faggot
>>
File: fridgehorror_7453.png (2 KB, 348x227) Image search: [Google]
fridgehorror_7453.png
2 KB, 348x227
>>675690
>>675737
>tfw in just my personal lifetime, humanity has increased in population by 3 billion people.
>tfw in 1960 there were only 3 billion people on the planet and 2.5 billion in 1950.
>>
>>676022
Why did you hone in on that specific thing? Are you also projecting? People only see what they are looking for you know.
>>
>>675737
>cancerous virus (if there was such a thing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncovirus
>>
>>675314
Not to sound like that one particular asshole, but that statement is incorrect. CCI primers fail far less than Remington factory ammo, and homerolled boolits made with such are, therefore, more reliable than Remmy factory ammunition.

>>674464
Shoot them with .30-06 tracer ammo. Just not from too close by.
>>
>>674464
I reuse them as pressure tanks for air. 90PSI.
>>
>>676104
Because he didn't call the anon an a**hole polluter or litterer, he attacked the anon for being a hunter. Some people carry firearms for defense or plinking when /out/, and don't hunt. And not all hunters are litterers, so yes it was projecting. Not that I'm defending the a**hole polluting anon.
>>
>>675960
Meh. Oh well.

Next time I'll look for a state approved spot of land to throw my garbage rather then finding a spot by myself that isnt state approved.

Because none of us can do anything at all without government approval first.
>>
>>675915
>>676008
Future archaeologists have plenty of trash to sift through in dumps and landfills

There is now a stratum of human garbage that will exist till the end of the earth
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/humans-leave-a-telltale-residue-on-earth1/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
>>
/k/ will dispose of them for you
>>
>>676582
Not here, there is no landfill, it get shipped out and burned.
>>
>>677325
and the metal is reclaimed

And what makes you think your trash is special and needs to be saved when there are dumps and landfills full of the stuff?
>>
use them for target practice, pistol especially
>>
>>675159
>t. faggy boy scout
>>
If my waste bothers you so much then why don't you take it home? Why is it my responsibility to make you happy?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.