[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good boots for women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
I'm looking for a general good durable multipurpose boot preferably 8 inches and waterproof as it snows most of the year where I live. What are some good boots or brands for light hiking or camping/ walking long distances for women? Pic unrelated
>>
There aren't many women on this board. So maybe some men's boots can be recommended and you can then find matching women's pairs.

I love my Merrell boots, and they have good winter ones. Merrells website has a sale today on winter boots.
>>
Thanks I'll take a look at merrel, I thought of buying mens boots before but not many are made small enough I wear a size 6 in womens so in mens I'd need a size 4 or so
>>
>>673713
This, most of the same brands that get recommended for men also make women's boots. Merrell, Vasque, scarpa, etc.

Your best option is to go try some on and find the one that best fits your foot shape.
>>
>>673725
I bought my wife Sorel boots. She really likes hers. They're super warm. The ones I got her are more of a /fa/ winter boot, but are still pretty tough. They make plenty of boots though, lots of styles. I have a pair of Sorel boots for hunting and they're nice.
>>
File: 66989.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
66989.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
Sorry new to real boots so I'm not sure what would suit me best. Would this type fit what I'd use them for or would a winter boot be more ideal?
>>
>>673733
>Your best option is to go try some on and find the one that best fits your foot shape.

If you have an outdoor place that carries a lot of great hiking boots that's definitely the best option. Where I live it's usually just a few Merrels. I can't stand Merrels because I have narrow feet. If you have narrow feet and have a problem with boots being too wide I'd recommend Scarpa as a brand.

You can order several different options from Amazon or Zappos because they have free return shipping. Don't buy anything unless you feel really satisfied.

I'm a woman and I really like my Scarpa Kailash GTX for being light but sturdy and waterproof. I just measured mine and they are about 6.5-7 inches from the ground to the top of the boot.

If that's not tall enough for you, you may want snow boots instead. I haven't found snow boots that are as light and comfortable as my Scarpas for long distances, so I just use my Scarpas and I wear gaiters with them if the snow is really deep.

If you want some tall waterproof boots that are fashionable enough to wear to work, I think Sorel has some decent options.
>>
>>673843
I don't know anything about that brand so I can't say for sure. I'm not sure that looks comfortable enough to be a good hiking shoe.

And I'd want treads that are built for great traction on snow, ice and rocks, like the vibrams soles that my Scarpas have. What kind of distances are you wanting to do?
>>
>>673860
Nothing to crazy probably only 10 or 20 miles at the most but those scarpas do look way more comfortable how long have they lasted you?
>>
>>673643
I always just go to an actual store and try on the boots, find one that fits, then order them online in the size that fit, it's cheaper online. Women's shoe sizes vary so much it's hard to suggest one for another woman, you just have to go and try them on. But yeah, what everyone says here, Merrell, Sorel, any or the major brands are god.
>>
>>673643
>BC here,
I love my Hi-Tec Altitude IIIs, they're cheap, waterproof as fuck and comfy. Have had them for almost 10 years and they're only starting to show wear now. Waterproofing is starting to go a bit, but another coat should fix that. Good arch support without insoles, too (which is hard to find in a pair of shoes).

The newest model is the Altitude V. Like their predecessors, they're basically the Mora of hiking boots. Good for poorfags and anyone else who is planning to start doing outdoorsy stuff. That being said, I'd never go with anything else.
>>
>>673874
I've had them three years and they still look brand new (other than being dirty). The snow does a good job of cleaning them off every year. I wear them twice a day walking my dog, and whenever I'm hiking during the winter months, so about 4 months a year.
>>
>>673897
The only problem is that plastic tips on the laces start to wear out after a few years, but it's not really an issue as the laces still work and you can always just cover the tips in superglue if they start bothering you.
>>
That Kailash GTX shoe was a Backpacker magazine shoe of the year as well. Don't pay full price for it though, you can get it for 140-160 on sale certain times of the year.
>>
>>674057
Noted. I'm going to Scheels in a couple days to try on shoes hopefully they have some.
>>
File: ahnu.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
ahnu.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1440
my wife loves her ahnus. been beating the merry hell out of them for the last 2 or 3 years now. wore them right out of the box, didn't need a break in period, light, good traction and support, good for light dayhikes, long distance, carrying a load, anytime we're /out/ she wears them, summer or winter.
>>
>>674137
Those are very attractive
>>
>>674137
I love your wife's ahnus too :^)
>>
>>674153
she likes that they look feminine without being girly, if that makes sense.

>>674154
dirty bird
>>
>>674154
lol'd hard
>>
>>673643
This is why women are retarded, good boot manufactures make good boots for men and women, your gender doesn't make a difference, just find out who makes good footwear
>>
>>674876
I was originally thinking something more like a work boot which is understandably more limited in womens since not as many have labor intensive jobs so I didnt know where to look for the best quality but I see now a hiking boot would much better suite my needs and those have a wide range of sizes available. Sorry I know it was a dumb question but I figured no harm in asking and it did help me
>>
>>674876
shouldn't you be busy going your own way?
>>
>>674928
No, I'm too busy with yr mum
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.