[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swansea, Wales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
I live in Swansea and am trying g to get into hiking, camping, fishing etc... But have never done any outdoors activities before really (aside from sports and shit) and am not sure where to start.
>>
>>657278
Research your area for trails, get a map and some snacks, then day hike it man. If you find out you enjoy it consider equipping yourself with gear to camp
>>
>>657278

>>657281
This guy gets it. 90% of /out/ is actually getting off your ass and going and doing something. You don't need all Gucci shit at this point. A small backpack, a waterproof jacket, bottle of water and some snacks are about all you're going to need to get a taste for it and a dayhike locally there. If you're feeling brave, build yourself a popcan stove, and grab a tin mug from poundland and some 3-in-1 coffee, make a brew whilst you're out etc

I'm from Anglesey, but all of my mam's family are from Llanelli. Every time I've ever been down there, I notice you sort of hit Carmarthen and it all turns into a big sprawling concrete snakeway of roads all the way down to the coast. I used to play in Stradey woods with my cousins as kid, but like half of it has been cut down now, I'm not sure what's left. It's pretty fucking bleak down there as I remember it. I'm not sure how it is, but could you maybe do a coastal hike around from Mumbles to Oxwich beach? It can't be more than a few miles....

I used to have a lot of fun around the Aberaeron / New Quay area- in the pre marriage/kids/mortgage days me and the rest of the gang I'd kick around with would all get a direct bus down from Bangor to Aberystwyth and just yomp around the coast for a week or so, if you can it's also good around Machynlleth if you want to come that far north, it's on a main bus route.

But bottom line is getting out and doing something, take that 1st step dude!
>>
File: faq12-2.jpg (22 KB, 237x235) Image search: [Google]
faq12-2.jpg
22 KB, 237x235
>>657278
Some suggested routes: (But get an OS map with a compass first, then work out how to get bearings. Then you will never get lost, even in the thickest fog.)

http://www.natgroup.co.uk/sites/www.natgroup.co.uk/files/Service%2063%20X63X64%20-%20NEWEST_1.pdf

http://www.trawscymru.info/uploads/New_Timetables_Sept_15/26536_TrawsCymru_Timetable_T4_September_2015_WEB.pdf

http://www.heart-of-wales.co.uk/map.htm
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.