[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw love outdoors but have bad seasonal allergies Any /out/doorsmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: dfadfadsf.jpg (17 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
dfadfadsf.jpg
17 KB, 238x212
>tfw love outdoors but have bad seasonal allergies

Any /out/doorsmen with seasonal allergies? What do you take and does it work? No antihistamines seem to work for me and I'm thinking of getting immunotherapy as my doctor recommended to make my immune system adapt to allergens.
>>
>>654374
loratadine doesn't work well. Use cetirizine instead.
>>
>>654374
> immunofuckmyface

Enjoy.
>>
>>654396
Centro zine user here. Forget I have allergies until the day I forget to take a pill
>>
>>654374
When I was a kid I had 1 shot, in the alternating arms, per week for nearly 3 years. I went from waking up with my eyes swollen shut every morning during ragweed season to just having a runny nose and general itchiness in my eyes, ears, and throat.

I had to take an allergy test two times. This was the 1980s and back then it was a grid of allergen-water droplets across my back then a nurse had to prick the skin of each one to allow it into my skin. Fucking horrific for a 5-6 year old. I'm sure the method has changed by now.

Regardless, it was well worth it. I rarely have trouble, and some rainy years I don't have any trouble. But, those rare super dry years, the ragweed gets super bad and it is terrible, but easily manageable. I can either pop a pill or grab a box of tissues and ride it out for 20 mins until my body can cope with it.
>>
>>654374
if you want to go all out you can go to your doctor and get a shot. you will have swelling for a week but then you should be pretty much allergy free for 4 months.

me personally i just got used to them. in my experience alot of allergies can be coped with until you get used to them and they stop affecting you. also if antihistamines are not working it might not be allergies at all. because of how antihistamines work. also, bringing a few benadryl capsules should be part of every first aid kit. benadryl can be used for all kinds of shit, but most importantly can reverse a shit ton of bad reactions. from a bee sting to bad berries, tree pollen to bad medicine. a 25mg benadryl cap might save your life.

and they also make good sleeping pills if you just can't get to sleep.
>>
Kestine works well for me, the active substance is ebastine.
A personal observation I've made is that cutting back on coffee and tea during allergy season, or cutting them all together will make it much better for me. As in no symptoms at all to just the occasional sneeze or passing itchy eyes.

>>654768
God awful test, I remember having it done twice too. Not fun at all as a kid back in the 80's and I still hate eyedrops and nasal spray with a vengeance after having to take that shit for allergies.
>>
>>654768

Hasn't changed much. They poke you with these sticks that have 5 needles with popular allergens in them. They like, roll it on your arm kinda to get all the needles in a line to poke you. I got 2 sticks on each arms, so 20 pricks total. Wasnt bad tho, it was the mosquito bite like swelling and itching that sucked.

Now I get 3 injections every week, two on one arm, one on the other. We'll see if it pays off.
>>
Eat local raw honey.

>kek
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.