[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best 30 liter bag for backpacking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_7052.jpg (546 KB, 1383x938) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7052.jpg
546 KB, 1383x938
What's the best 30 liter bag for backpacking?
>>
>>653934
at 30l they are pretty much all the same. it all comes down to durability. you can get a really light one that will rip, or a really heavy one that will last forever. they are pretty much just bookbags at that size, the only difference is material.
>>
http://www.overboardusa.com/classic-waterproof-backpack-30-litres.html

Buddy of mine has one of these, seems to enjoy it. Anyone else familiar with the brand?
>>
Is a 38L big enough for a weekend backcountry hike?
>>
i need a durable, cheap 30-40l bag
suggestions?
>>
>>653970
i do 3 days all the time with a 40l. it has some mesh on the outside that i put nalgenes in though.

you should be able to do it.
>>
>>653934
The Thule Capstone 32 looks pretty comfy, has a tensioned mesh back that actually allows your back to breathe. And a good padded hip belt with pockets, which is rare as fuck where packs of that size are concerned. Pity it isn't carry-on size though, makes it utterly useless.
>>
>>653934
Kifaru Spikecamp
>>
>>654003
pretty much every pack that size has a belt. none of them are good. but most of them have somthing.

and how is your 32l not carry on size? i have crammed my 40l into that box more than once.
>>
any good 35-ish L bag with kidney strap out there?
>>
>>653934
>best
there's no such thing.
>>
>>654258
There are literally dozens.
>>
>>654003
i have a crux ak-47. I use two 5 liter deuter external side pockets i strap to the compression straps, if i take the frame out and put it in the backpack diagonally, put the external side pockets inside the bag, and compress it really well, it becomes cary-on size, while it expands to a 57 liter bag.
>>
>>653934
Depends on what you want to use it for, 30 is a wee bit small for anything more than 2 days and you have to pack very carefully.

I have an Arcteryx Khard 45L that I use on 3 day trips which I think is a good size.
>>
This might be the most retarded question, but when they say '30L' or '35L' does that mean that you can fit that much water inside the bag?
>>
File: DSCF4962.jpg (258 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4962.jpg
258 KB, 1600x1200
>>653975
LK35

>>653934
LK35

>>654258
LK35

>pic related, its bigger brother the LK70
>>
>>654369
Litre is a measurement of volume. So, yes.
>>
>>654358
the difference between a 2 day trip and a 3 day trip is only <1 lb of food (assuming dry, and cooking with water). All the other gear is the same. How could a bag possibly be good for 2 days but not 3?
>>
>>654383
>assuming dry

Yeah I don't bring dry food, I'm still a bit of a noob in terms of /out/, three days is the longest period of time I've spent outside.

I also don't really do long trips when it's warm, so I bring extra clothes and stuff for warmth.
>>
Maxpedition
>it's worth the price.
>>
>>654408
>it's worth the price.
Maxpedition isn't even expensive, bro.
>>
>>654370
Thanks, now where the Fuck do I buy it
>>
>>653935

They're not all the same. Quality still needs to be there. Bad stitching, crap materials, shitty craftsmanship. All those can still be present in any size bag.
>>
>>654370
wanna buy one for me and ship it to South America? I'll send you the cash
>>
>>654491
What anon didn't mention is that you have to buy the bag, and then you have to spend more money upgrading the hipbelt and harness.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.