[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hay /out/laws Ive been approached regarding a hunting expedition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: images (9).jpg (16 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
16 KB, 320x240
Hay /out/laws

Ive been approached regarding a hunting expedition to East Africa, Im assuming its Kenya/Tanzania.

Has anybody been there that could shed some insight into what kind of clothing is required, I have an akubra territory planned for a hat but not sure what kind of layering system for the body and am leaning towards a low cut flexible soled leather boot like pic related.
>>
pls don't shoot endangered species
>>
>>653229
Ask whoever asked you to go there, not random people on the internet.
>>
>>654092

Nah nha what you want to do is just wear some flip flops for the flight over, when you get their go and ask the local store owners where youn puchase Albino made footwear, these will protect you from various witch doctors and voodoos the locals will hex on you. Remember the key word Albino wear, Also nothing looks more pimp then a sweet pair of white shoes in the african jungle.
>>
>>653229

Get yourself some steel capped boots, this will assist you in kicking the locals asses when they are slacking off carrying your gear around. Wear extra thick pants and long sleeve shirts, the heat is bearable but the snake bites or scorpion bites is what kills. Leave your last will and rights in a shoe, lions never eat the shoes.
>>
>>653229
Honestly, it's easy to dress for Africa. Not much rain, quite thorny and very hot. Get lightweight long sleeve t shirts from Gildan on amazon and some jeans or whatever you prefer. Lots of people wear shorts out in the bush but you know, it's just a little bit less protection from thorns and what not. Just protect yourself from the sun and you're fine. For shoes, don't need anything extreme just some lightweight hiking boots preferably not leather as they'll take lots of damage from thorns and shrubs.
Source: grew up in South Africa and go hunting every year.
>>
>>654117
Thanks for the genuine reply.
>>
I was in Swaziland during their winter. It doesn't get that cold, maybe in the 30's at night. I walked around in shorts, flip flops, and a fleece most nights around camp. I was in the low veld, so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>654288

Remember to pack a few empty glass coke bottles, never know what u can trade.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.