[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a pet raven. There are lots of ravens here but I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ohjzhHt.jpg (162 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ohjzhHt.jpg
162 KB, 640x480
I want a pet raven. There are lots of ravens here but I've never seen a nest. Where do I find them
>>
>>652311
>>/an/
>>
Find a nest. Do some research on the birds mentality though. often times keeping them past a fledgling makes them demented. My suggestion is to let it go after adolescence and it will stay in your area and bring you cool shit.
>>
>>652311
This is a worthy goal.
The nests are huge , you just need to work harder at finding one.
They will use abandoned nests so if you find one , keep checking it.
You could also help repair one that is damaged and easy for you to get to.
It will not go unused for long.
>>
File: CrowonVulture1-640x353.jpg (45 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
CrowonVulture1-640x353.jpg
45 KB, 640x353
>Ravens
>Not crows
Caw Caw motherfucker
>>
>>652427

Why would you want a crow? Though they're smart, Raven are like ten times smarter.
>>
>>652311
>raven

Saw an interesting thing.
Was outside the house yesterday--the very small town I'm in is completly surrounded by national forest.
Saw a hawk fly about 50 feet above me.
A raven approached it from behind flying very fast.
As it approached the hawk, it started harassing it. They battled for a bit as they continued down into the field below me where I then lost site.
Never saw anything like that before.
>>
>>652948

Birds often gang up on birds of prey to scare them away, never seen a lone bird attack one though.
>>
I had a pet crow for a while. Was fun.
Pet crows you can find during long walks middle / late summer -- but I think it would be very difficult to find an actual raven (corvus corax). They are very rare.
>>
>>652319

please leave us alone we got multiple already
>>
>>652948
>very small town
>Never saw anything like that before
pick one
underage please leaf

My only concern with taming crows is that they might bully all the raptors away for good.

>Pros
crows protect dovecotes and chickens from hawks

>Cons
crows prevent hawks from eating rodents and snakes
>>
>>652311
http://wild-about-wildlife.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-can-i-get-pet-crow-or-raven.html

If you live in the US, read that.
>>
>>653822
Could you train a crow and falcon to be friends ?
>>
>>653913
Yes but its a lot of work.
Every day you have to push their heads together and make them kiss.
After a month or two of this they will get totally gay for eachother.
>>
>>653918
If one was male and the other female could they become heterosexually gay for eachother?
Are falcon and crows internterbreedable?
Maybe a hawk would work better, start breeding big black Cawks
>>
Just leave it be. It'd probably be better off in the wild.
>>
>>653879
>hurr exotic pet trade is bad
>durr exotic pets become invasive species
>gurr native pet trade is bad
>murr captive bred pets don't exist
>yurr wat are cats, dogs and livestock

When will pet-ownership be illegal?
Why don't we all just get a nintendog/tamagachi/robot dog?
>zurr robots and AI software are sentient and deserve human rights
>>
>>653930
>become heterosexually gay for eachother?

Yes just keep making them kiss
>>
>>654200

Yeah but humans are the bosses of all living things. Planet earth was manufactured for us. All lesser beings are ours to do with as we wish.
>>
>>654626
Kill yourself.
>>
>>654736
You're not the boss of me. I am human.
>>
File: 1370584477040.jpg (182 KB, 1085x736) Image search: [Google]
1370584477040.jpg
182 KB, 1085x736
Where can I buy one of each of these?
>>
>>654986
Kill yourself.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.