[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/out/ World Travel edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 8
File: SAM_3478.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3478.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
I know there's a lot of crossover with /trv/ among our user base. What country have you been to that had the best outdoors? Did the local culture contribute to your enjoyment of the nature, or take away from it?
I'd argue Morocco is one of the best countries on earth for getting lost in the wilderness, if only the local villagers didn't shit in the rivers, overgraze the forests and throw garbage all over the place.
Spain, Scotland, New Zealand are also in my top tier.
Dump photos if you like; I'm more interested in discussion.
>>
File: SAM_2745.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2745.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Don't have any photos to share except from Morocco atm.
>>
File: angkor.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
angkor.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
i tend to go to cities when overseas and do more /out/ stuff closer to home (ca ftw). last place i went has too much concern about landmines to just venture out innawoods. pic related
>>
>>650655
That Cambodia? I'd love to go. Been to Vietnam; there's some badass nature there but it all really tied in to the surrounding culture. Ha Long Bay was somehow made better by the orange-sailed junks sailing through it. Some places the culture and cool history really is the highlight, no point hiding yourself in the woods.
Apparently Laos is the place to go for nature in SEA, pics of the place do look cool.
>>
File: lucky.jpg (2 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
2 MB, 1728x2304
>>650660
yeah. my wife and i were vacillating between cambodia and vietnam, but angkor tipped the scale. and i got to do this.
>>
File: IMG_0821.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0821.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>650666
You can't hide elephant, we see you.

Oman ain't bad for hikin'.
>>
File: cathedral peak.jpg (1 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
cathedral peak.jpg
1 MB, 2304x1728
>>650655
might as well share a pic of my local /out/ing
>>
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 297x170
Switzerland.
>>
File: images.jpg (63 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
63 KB, 600x309
>>650672

Did you make it down to Salalah?
>>
>>651073
No point, I wasn't there during monsoon season. There are some fantastic oases in the northern mountains, though.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.