[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here use a rock sling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_7744.JPG.jpg (716 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7744.JPG.jpg
716 KB, 1200x1600
I made this one a few days ago out of a single, 12 foot piece of paracord. Slowly getting the hang of it - It was a fun way to pass time /out/ in the woods. Hard to believe people used to hunt with these.
>>
>>649593
Made one a few months ago, lots of fun but I still haven't got gud. I've found I have more accuracy with overhand throw for close targets and underhand for farther targets. Sidearm throw a shit.
>>
>>649601
To clarify, overhand releases at top of swing and underhand releases as the sling passes the knee. I give one full circle for the windup.
>>
File: DSCN9670.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN9670.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I made 2 kinds once. You put the rock in the swing it maybe a half turn then the rock flies out and you run like hell with your hands covering your head. To master one of these would take years.
>>
>>649620
>rock in, then swing
>>
>>649593
Do you live in that hovel?
>>
>>649636
Ladies and gentleman, shitposting 101. Don't be this guy.
>polite sage for lack of content
>>
>>649593
Yuku.paleoplanet.com
Those guys sling. They use all forms of primitive weaponry.
>>
>>649674
I am very clearly on drugs. For some reason, this address was not what I remembered.
http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/
>>
>>649593
I made three out of jute twine a couple weeks ago when the last thread was up. Fun to play with, but haven't taken it out yet. Its nice to know that I can now build one at the drop of a hat and with natural fibres no less, but I'd rather have a wrist rocket than a rock sling for sniping small game for food. Too much learning curve.
>>
I found one when I was around 8 and i thought it was some sort of belt. I pretty much figured out how to use one myself and I can get good range with good accuracy a lot of the time. They are really fun to just mess around with.
>>
GREEK OVERHEAD IS BEST STYLE
>>
Remember, slinging.org for all your slinging needs. It's a good site and a good community. I'm still sad that the AusSling guy isn't around anymore.
>>
>>649749
Caps UNlock is best style.

I know it's easier to read it that way, grandma, but you already know what you wrote, everyone else can see it just fine.
>>
>>649636
lol no. That's the side entrance to my detached garage. My cars live in there, however.
>>
>>649593

No, I use ball bearing sling, not some primitive rock sling like you do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.