[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you could camp anywhere in florida where would it be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: florida.png (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
florida.png
8 KB, 290x174
if you could camp anywhere in florida where would it be?
>>
File: ZORT6cZ.jpg (145 KB, 728x1024) Image search: [Google]
ZORT6cZ.jpg
145 KB, 728x1024
>>649442

pitiful self bump

pls help bros. I was disowned by my family a few months ago, and I'm going to take Amtrak south to Florida for the holidays. Rather not just sit alone and cry this christmas. better to do that in a pretty place at least
>>
>>649442
I'll get some hate from the hardcore /out/its but I have always wanted to take my airstream down to long key and "camp" at the beach.
>>
>>649445

Is long key your favorite island out of key west?

Looks like I could take a bus down their from Miami pretty cheap
>>
>>649455

>key west

fuck, I meant the Florida keys. Sorry, showing my ignorance
>>
>>649442
Wish I could help you, but I can't so here's a bump.
>>
>>649458
No. That would be Islamarada. Ut there is no camping on Islamarada. Almost all the property is privately owned (I think there is one public beach). However, the fishing is incredible. Lots of mangroves for snook and redfish. Might be late in the year but Bonefish are always fun to catch. Tarpon are great as well, but have never caught one from shore.
IIRC all of long key is a state park. The campground is right on the beach. There is a nice big flat you can wade or kayak to go fishing. Or you can explore the island by hikong the various trails.
Head to long key anon, and report back to let me know if its worth driving the Airstream down (im in VA by the way).
>>
>>649444
>>649442
Where ever everyone else is camping.
>>
I think if I lived in Florida I'd be beach camping and sea kayaking like a mofo.
>>
>>649468

looks like they're pretty much booked up m8

http://floridastateparks.reserveamerica.com/camping/Long_Key_Sp/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&search=site&contractCode=FL&parkId=281050
>>
>>649477
The problem is finding a beach that allows overnight camping. A lot of towns have laws against it (to cut down on vagrants maybe?)
The sad fact is in the USA most oceanfront property has been developed.
>>
>>649477

I don't own a sea kayak, but would love to get my hand on one if possible

the beach is also my goal, but I have to find an available campground for at least a few days
>>
>>649483
That sucks anon, if I was you I would still give them a call. They may have a cancellation or have some spots that are not available to reserve.
>>
File: 1440274491349.png (16 KB, 265x307) Image search: [Google]
1440274491349.png
16 KB, 265x307
>>649487
Long key would have been perfect. Sea kayaks and fishing equipment are availble to rent from the rangers.
>>
>>649486
>>649487

Not my personal experience, but I've heard Biscayne NP is bretty gud. The kayaking is solid and the beaches aren't "big & scenic" so they're not as crowded.

Canaveral National Seashore is mostly undeveloped dispersed camping, too.
>>
>>649444
did you really bump your own thread on one of the slowest boards after 2 minutes? holy shit, what a pathetically desperate faggot you are. no wonder your family wants nothing to do with you. i hope you get eaten by a fucking alligator.
>>
>>649513

I thought the 2nd picture would get more attention

:DDD
>>
>>649442
Somewhere with gators. I think they're :3
>>
File: 1407985188119.jpg (164 KB, 840x560) Image search: [Google]
1407985188119.jpg
164 KB, 840x560
>>649525

This senpailau
>>
>>649442
At least six feet off the ground/marsh. Apex predators and all that...
>>
>>649726
how would you go about hanging a hammock that high?
>>
>>649741
With straps..?

Its more the issue of getting in and out of the hammock that would be the problem, I think. But there aren't crocs or gaters where I am, so I hang low for better tarp coverage.
>>
>>649747

Crocs don't live in north america dummy
>>
>>649747
I mean yeah but I hang mine at like 6 feet and sleep like 2 feet off the ground. My arms are not 4 feet.
>>
>>649748
Which is why they aren't where I am. How did you not get that?

>>649753
You may have more stretch in your setup than I do. I've got a cheapo from WM and straps. Or maybe the heighth makes for more play in the trees bending? I usually tie up around my waistline and stay about six inches up.
>>
>>649748
>Crocs don't live in north america dummy

American Crocodile. Has habitat in southern Florida.
Last I checked Florida.is part of North America.
>>
>>649757
I'm but sure I sleep at 2 feet when i sleep but when I sit up my feet can almost touch the ground
>>
>>649748
Oh look, a stupid person on /out/. How shocking.
>>
>>649442
>be OP.
>go to Florida thinking he can camp on beaches.
>gets arrested for camping on beach
>free meal and warm room for the night.

can't see what could go wrong.

If you even up in central Florida. looking for a place to stay for a few nights or what ever. I know of a few spots away from all the homeless fucks. about a 3ish mile walk up a road to the nearest local bus stop. [2 dollars to ride]

besides that, you're on your own.
>>
Ur mums bedroom
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.