[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Softshell Tac Jacket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 316vWMfRALL.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
316vWMfRALL.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
Sup /out/, I'm an infantrybro coming over from /k/, I've been advised to ask all you advice on this subject.
I'm looking for a solid softshell jacket for general operating, preferably <150$ and warm+weather resistant. Is pic related a good option? Is there a general consensus on Condor/Rothco jackets here?
link to jacket: http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Summit-Softshell-Jacket-602-002-XXL/dp/B005XZY24M/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450460586&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=condor+jacke
>>
>>648942
You'll be needing a arcteryx atom LT, sir. Soft shell, super light weight, stores away easily.
Been using one for the last 5 years and it's been a staple in my cold weather kit.
But be warned, the dead bird is addicting and you'll end up a poor gear queer.
>>
>>648956
This guy's got the idea. I would suggest a drac jacket though and you can wear the atom sv type jacket over it. And you can wear a fleece under the drac
>>
Marmot ROM.
>>
>>648942
I'm wearing this jacket right now OP.
I recommend it, it's warm and has vents under the armpits to open for when you're moving or inside. Also, I think it was 75 bucks or so where I got it.
>>
>>648942
If you want it to last, go with >>648956. It's very expensive, but will last you. Maybe try Patagonia.

It's money well spent.
>>
>>648942
>infantrybro
>Condor
>Rothco
Oh man...

If you want something that´s made for real use, not airsoft or civvie hiking be prepared to spend a bit more than <150$. Double your budget and you'll start finding stuff that you can actually rely on.
>>
>>649121
are you in WA?
>>
>>648942
I have that exact jacket. It's wonderful for wind protection and will do fine in light rain. It doesn't have shit in heavy rain sustained for more than 30 minutes. It leaks along the seams and badly at that.

Those pockets are useful as fuck and the loop fields gain me mad cred at the shooting range while I'm shooting pieces of terrorist paper because I can wear my dank stalker patches.
>>
>>649294
TX
>>
File: IMAG0285.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0285.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>648956
Arcteryx is the way to go, can be pricey tho
>>
>>650021

I'd operate with you.
>>
>>648956
It's Me again. While we're on the dead bird, I've been using their classic beanie for the last 2 years and it's amazing. I got from hiking to riding my atv in really cold temperatures and it has done nothing but keep me warm and toasty. I have had to wrap a shemag around my head when it gets down to 20 and I'm driving around 35-40 though.

Anyways, atom plus usgi cold weather parka is my jam. Once it gets colder I toss on a wool hoodie that my Ole lady made for me out of a ww2 blanket. Also helps prevent burns if I'm around the fire.
>>650021
Sweet baby jesus I need em crye pants.
>>
>>650021
gotta post my operator mode when i get home today, see you soon i guess
>>bump
>>
File: IMAG0241.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0241.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>650289
Very comfy pants, considering getting the g3 all weather combat pants and field shirt in ranger green. Really want it in multicam, but ranger green is more "accepted" for civilian use.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_20151207_4.png (902 KB, 795x673) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_4.png
902 KB, 795x673
>>650505
I had a pair of proper multicam bdu pants that lasted me around 4 years. The crotch ripped and I burnt the leg pretty bad one night. But man, those cryes look sweet.

Op, also look in the discount stores for old down jackets. This old Navy down jack came from one and I've used it when the wind chill gets below 0. Add a wool cover or a parka and you're operating operationally.
>>
>>648942
One thing to bare in mind with the Condor jackets is the way the hood attaches. The pocket it stows is not sealed from the rest of the jacket, at least in any water tight sense. A friend bought one and it sucks for the PNW or rain in general, water will flow down the back of the hood into the pocket and drain into the jacket.
Sorry to break it to you but you aren't going to find a decent soft shell that cheap.
>>
>>650021
where did you get your pants?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.