[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gf found a cheap package, so we are going to Fairbanks, AK for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (482 KB, 2880x1914) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
482 KB, 2880x1914
Gf found a cheap package, so we are going to Fairbanks, AK for a week. Mainly to see the lights and maybe do some ice fishing.

Being a bit of an adventurer, what are some off the beaten path things we can do in Fairbanks or within one day trip?

We will be renting an awd vehicle instead of joining a tour group. I heard driving is treacherous this time of year?

We are leaving in 2 weeks.
>>
Ur a cheap package bud
>>
You should post this on /trv/ as well.
>>
hope the lights don't act like faggots and stay dormant while you're up there

>http://www.aurora-service.org/aurora-forecast/
>>
File: IMG_20151107_172452064.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_172452064.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
Alaskafag here, never been to Fairbanks though.
You could rent a snowmachine, ski, etc
If you go ice fishing, bring a chair or piece of wood to sit on.
Its best to be away from bright places when looking for the Aurora, so get a ways away from the city and you will have a better view. Also check Aurora forecast and weather, chances are there are going to be done cloudy days.
Try to get studs or chains in your vehicles tires, and if it's a truck, you may want to weigh down the bed. I drive with bags of gravel in the back and even then I don't get much traction. Don't get too close to moose either, they kill more people than the bears.

Caught pic related through the ice in October, they taste pretty good
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.