[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Growing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 960x720
First time growing, a couple of the plants haves leaves looking a little dead. Lights possibly to close ? Not enough/to much water ? I mist them to water them. Lights are on 24/7 3 different strains growing currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 960x720
1/2
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 960x720
2/2
>>
Sorry for the shitty photos. Taken on the ipad.
Any advice would help really.
Again it's my first time growing. They're all about 2-3 weeks old.
>>
It would probably help if you told us what it is that you are growing.
>>
>>648644

He is growing weed nigger.
>>
Just take you dopehead shit topic somewhere else!
>>
>>648644
Haha that is true, it's Marijuana.
>>
Those CFLs are way too far away if anything. Buy an IR temperature gun for ~$15 if you're wondering about temps. They're very handy for growing plants under lights.

You really don't need to leave any water on their leaves at any point in time. I would not recommend misting them or leaving water drops on the leaves. Just water the soil.
>>
>>648646

Excuse me Sir, but you are incorrect. I am in fact a Caucasian male. I appologize for any mix up.
>>
>>648649
Ahh alright, good to know. I'll look those up now.
>>
>>648638
>>647848
>>
>>648657
Thanks !
>>
>>648655

Oh...oh...I'm so sorry sir....He is growing weed!
>>
You just grabbed random soil out of the ground in your backyard didn't you? It seems to be lack of nutrients or overdoing the nutrients Notice the yellowish color too.
>>
infact those new leafs look quite healthy im gonna go with nutrient deficiency research soils and nutrients and ph lvls
>>
>>648638
The pre-leaves, I don't remember what they're called, the thick rounded ones... they're supposed to fall off once the true leaves start growing in, around the point you're getting three-point leaves. If it's happening to the ones in the pictures, and you've only got single point leaves, there may be something wrong.

Here's what you need to keep in mind: plants grow best in their native environment. You need full-spectrum lighting, mild temperatures, fresh air and co2, exactly like nature.

Most people over-water or over-fertilize when they first start out, more isn't better.
>>
Bro you need to put reflective shades on those lamps directing the light downward.

You are losing a lot of light off the sides. You could essentially double the effectiveness of your lights by doing this. Also line that wall with tin foil.

Also, stop being a fag with a soil grow. Go get some hydro beads and water pump and set up a proper ebb and flow system you god damn amateur. Anyone can learn how to set up a basic ebb and flow system within 10 minutes of research and the materials to do so are super cheap. Stop being lazy and you'll get much higher yield AND much higher potency.
>>
>>648684

CO2 is underestimated. You need to supply co2. especially when those plants start to mature and need it more.

http://www.instructables.com/id/CO2-Generator/step2/Brewing-Some-CO2/

This is a basic guide to setting up a co2 supply for very cheap.

Proper lighting + proper water system + proper co2 system = amazing weed

don't get lazy, it's easy to set this shit up and will double your profit in the end.
>>
File: seedling.jpg (15 KB, 303x304) Image search: [Google]
seedling.jpg
15 KB, 303x304
>>648684
>The pre-leaves, I don't remember what they're called, the thick rounded ones

Cotyledon or seed leaf
>>
File: 1264369061.jpg (52 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1264369061.jpg
52 KB, 500x333
I wish someone at 4chan would make a ruling on this thread. It's legal where I live but illegal federally. I am trying to grow some, 6 plants are legal where I live, and I haven't a fucking clue what I'm doing and would rather ask questions than be directed to some boring grow website
>>
>>648708
It depends on your air exchange rate. I used to keep my front and back doors open all day and did better than when I moved to the basement and got co2 tanks. Natural air is usually better than supplemented stale air.

>>648709
Thanks, lol. One of those words I can just never seem to remember.
>>
>>648714
Yeah, there's really no reason why it shouldn't be open for discussion. I've never had an illegal grow, the information should be available to people growing legally.
>>
>>648714
What's there to make a ruling on? Gardening seems to fit better here than /diy/
>>
>>648735
>What's there to make a ruling on?
Threads have been deleted.
>>
>>648728

True, but OP has 16 plants in a very confined space. Unless he can move those out to an open area with air exchange he's going to have a problem with the co2.

Also OP, you're babies don't need it yet, but make sure that when they get about 4-5 inches tall you start directing an oscillating fan on them. This is imperative to ensuring strength of the stems so they can grow properly. Even with this, tomato scaffolding is sometimes required.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.