[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Map plotting and navigation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: plotting_utm_1.jpg (51 KB, 584x481) Image search: [Google]
plotting_utm_1.jpg
51 KB, 584x481
Sup /out/
Recently my father in law acquired some land and allows me to hunt on it.
I'm planning on going for ruffled grouse and hare.
My problem is that his land plot is a rectangle and not completely parallel to an imaginary South-North line. (similar to pic-related).
His neighbours are assholes and don't want me hunting on their land. I've never been there before but I have the coordinates on google maps.

My question is, what is the best way to navigate on his land so that I don't venture out of it too much?
I'm thinking of using some Android app with Localisation and pre-printed coordinates of the extremities of the land plot. I would check it every now and then and make sure I'm not trespassing too much.

Do you know of any app that allows you to set a rectangular area of land on a map and that can tell your location based on it?
>>
Maybe you should find a new hobby besides murdering helpless animals.
>>
File: ohyou.jpg (38 KB, 447x335) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.jpg
38 KB, 447x335
>>648637
>besides murdering helpless animals
>>
File: niggapizza.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
niggapizza.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>648633
Well guys I figured it out.
It's an Android app called HuntStand and allows you to enter a land area on your computer and then synchronize with your cellphone. It also tells you where exactly you are using localization.

Pretty sweet.

http://huntstand.com/
>>
>>648633
>>648698
As a representative of Terrastride Inc., can you also answer product questions?
>>
>>648719
Sure! Go ahead
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 500x728
>>648637
>>
>>648633
Do you have a Garmin GPS or somesuch?

Using my Garmin etrex, I can trace it on Google maps and then save it as a kmz file, move it over to the garmin and use it as an overlay.

It's not very tricky once you get the hang of it. You can also use this teqnique to apply satellite imagery overaly. I much prefer the imagery from Google Earth over Garmin's Bird's Eye shit-tier images.
>>
>>648920
>I can trace it on Google maps
I meant Google Earth
>>
>>648920
>>648921
What version of the Etrex do you have?
Also, can you explain more in detail your trick with the kmz file please - are you able to put lines on the Google Earth imagery so that you can see the limits of your lands?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.