[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiking/snow boots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: bonersoup.jpg (5 KB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
bonersoup.jpg
5 KB, 221x221
Hey /out/ how yall doing?
Ive been starting to get into hiking lately and have a trip planned to backpack in Europe in Feb. I was wondering what you all would recommend for a decent pair hiking/snow boots? Ill be in Kiruna, Sweden for 2 days to see the northern lights and will be going from Sweden down to Berlin, London and finally Spain for around a month. I'm looking some for shoes that will keep my feet dry, warm comfortable and that would look okay when im in the city as well. Any suggestions?
>>
I've had several pairs of Salewas now and they've treated me well.

Really it 's all about fit though. Check out some in person and try them on. Lowa, Asolo, Keen, Vasque, Scarpa and La Sportiva all make quality boots for hiking. There's a lot of other options that may also work for you though.

If you're doing a lot of snow travel you may consider mountaineering boots which generally have some insulation and are crampon compatible.
>>
Don't be a faux stylish hipster insufferable cunt in uncomfortable boots you faggot. Just wear your normal footwear
>>
>>648482
Lol I would but I'm from California and last time I checked Vans are not snow/water proof. Figured if I could find shoes that can multitask it would save me money and space in my pack.
>>
>>648468
Sounds good, I'll be hitting an outdoor shop tomorrow to see what selections they got. Figure I'll find them cheaper online though
>>
>>648695
This is the best way to do it. Go to a store, try a bunch on, then pick the one you like most and shop around.
>>
If you are going to Sweden don't forget to bring your anti rape pants. Make sure you learn some swedish. Allahu ackbar is a good fallback phrase if you get in a jam.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
These are comfy and warm. My feetsies were fine last night in -3F temps. They're also pretty cheap at around $160.
>>
>>649086
They are not very high quality. You should return them if you still can but you got hosed if you paid $160.
>>
>>649060
Swede here. This guy has good advice. It is also goodto have paid the Jizya before getting here and to carry the reciept from the local imam so you dont get harrased by the sharia police/local populance

As-salamu alaykum
>>
>>648447
Any lightweight gore tex boot should be alright, I recommend you go 1 to 1 1/2 size up so you can comfortably wear thicker socks. And get a pair of gaiters if there's a lot of snow.

The weather is a bit upside down here, so it's hard to tell how it will be in February. I'd consider some light trekking shoes/trail runners/sneakers as well.
>>
>>649116
I got them on sale and they're perfectly fine.
>>
>>649541
You bought them yesterday. You have no idea what the quality is and you just want us to justify your poor decision
>>
I like Ecco. I live in Europe so I only buy Ecco boots that are made in Portugal/Romania and they are very well made. Literally 0 complaints practicality-wise, only wish they didn't look ugly as fuck.
>>
>>649839
I bought them a month and a half ago and I've worn them everyday since. Like I said, it was -3 and my feet were fine.

What do you have against my shoes?
>>
>>649877
Besides you being a huge faggot that is.
>>
>>649336

Another Swede here

If Allah (PBUH) wills it, you will have a good time
>>
>>649877
Why are you trying to convince us that overpriced shit is good? Do you work there?
>>
File: 30000-200_original.png (501 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
30000-200_original.png
501 KB, 700x700
scarpa terra gtx. they tend to fit better for narrower feet, but they're great in the cold and don't look like they were designed by a high school science teacher.
>>
>>649341
>Any lightweight gore tex boot should be alright,
That's not how you spell leather.
>>
I'm from north-ish Canada, and Lowa should be a good choice for both snow and hiking. I got a pair two years ago and with good care they stay in good shape. They don't look half bad either
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.