[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Timber Rattler Bowie knife
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Timber.jpg (5 KB, 341x148) Image search: [Google]
Timber.jpg
5 KB, 341x148
Anyone have any issues with this knife? Its roughly 11 3/8" and has a full tang blade. Im no knife expert but it sounds like its a quality knife for its price. Im curious if anyone owns this and whether or not they like it; and possible Bowie knife thread
>>
>>647930
I really enjoyed looking at the thumbnail you posted.
>>
>>647944
It is a picture of the related topic.
I borrowed the picture, as I do not own the knife yet
>>
They are a wholesale knife. I don't know who actually makes them, don't think they are from Master Cutlery. Knives like these are typically junk or gems. Up to you if you want to gamble.
>>
Bump. I've wondered this too
>>
>>647930
>I am no survival expert
You've got that right, most survival experts say that unless it's a machete/parang, anything longer than 6" is rather pointless as a survival knife. But if it's what you want, go for it.
>>
>>648119
Oops, apparently I can't ready. Disregard my post, I suck cocks.
>>
>>647930
I've heard they are ok but if I were you I'd save a little money and buy something better

The Ontario knife company marine raider bowie, Kabar heavy bowie and condor tool and knife moonshiner/moonstalker are all under 50 or 60 last time I checked and they are much better knives

The Kabar and Ontario have rubber handles that a lot of people take off and replace with wood, leather or antler to give it the classic bowie look, the moonshiner is pretty much ready right from the box though if you don't like the modern knife look and don't want to spend time customizing your knife
>>
>>648119
Im just looking for something that is worth its price and wont shit out on me.
This here blade is only a $20 bill, and has all the features a $80 knife has. The only issue im having is weather or not I want a Bowie or a kukri
>>
>>648463
>This here blade is only a $20 bill, and has all the features a $80 knife has.
I don't know anything about the knife you posted but I guarantee you that it does not have all the "features" an $80 knife has.
>>
>>648663
All knives are different. Im sure theres plenty of $80 knives exactly like the $20 one and there are $20 knives just like the $80 ones. Yet I repeat, im no expert, but this doesnt seem to have any flaws. That is why I am here, discussing the knife
>>
>>648688
The blade will be a little thin for chopping and while idiots parrot the "it must be full tang" meme without understanding what a full tang is, the stainless will be hard enough that you could break it under abuse like batoning or throwing

If you just want a knife that sizes and shape it will serve perfectly well but it isn't the best choice if it will be used a lot or pushed hard
>>
Knife salesman here
I've found that any knife without the full tang is lousy
Quality comes with the tang. If it doesn't have a full tang and the handle breaks, you're shit outta luck unless you A:make a new handle/buy one or B: buy a new fucking knife
Looks like a good Bowie OP. Let us know what happens
>>
There's a Knife General for this exact thing. I'm not a fan of generals but I think this case applies.

I would recommend getting a Buck Paklite Skinner instead.
>>
>>648028

He's referring to the size. It's hard to tell anything about the knife if you can't see anything.
>>
>>647930

Knife threads are so fucking boring.

What's the steel?
Why do you want a Bowie?
>>
>>649377
In that case, the nig got what he deserved after trying to use sarcasm over the internet
>>
>>649379
Stainless steel
Im not exactly sure. Honestly, after doing research , I think Im looking for more of a kukri. Something with large size, weight and length that isnt a hassle to carry around
>>
>>649521
A bowie will work as well as a kukri of the same weight but most kukri are pretty heavy

Have you looked at any of the knives >>648180 here?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.