[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Venison Recipes Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: deer 2.jpg (136 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
deer 2.jpg
136 KB, 540x960
Got a call from the butcher shop this morning saying my deer is ready to get picked up. It's my first kill and was hoping we could have us a venison and general game recipe sharing thread. Any takers?
>>
File: 1426438948019.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1426438948019.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>647743
>>
>>647773
>17 squirrels

What the fuck why would you kill that many animals for that? Just kill a single fucking deer.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>647743
Get your ass to the store and get a package of the dry Lipton onion soup mix.
Toss the contents of one package in a crock pot. You better have a fucking crock pot faggot.
Remove silver skin and fat from the roast with a sharp knife, Toss in roast with some carrots, an onion and some celery.
Add enough water or beef broth to just cover the meat
Cook for 6-8 hours on low. Flip the roast once to keep the top from getting dry. Every time you lift the lid you let the heat out and it will take longer to cook. So one fucking time is sufficient.
Strain the broth and put broth in a sauce pan and boil that shit.
Dissolve two table spoons of corn starch in equal amount of warm water and add to boiling broth. Do it slow and stur that shit with a whisk to prevent lumps. Nobody likes lumpy gravy faggot. Once it returns to a boil the gravy is done. You might want to add some salt and pepper. Don't be a faggot and get the stone ground pepper. Since you are asking for recipes on 4chan I don't expect you to have a pepper mill.
Dice 5 medium potatoes and boil that shit in salted water, add a pad of butter to prevent a boil over,
If a fork goes in the potato easily that shit is done. Drain potatoes and add a 1/4 cup of milk and 3 pads of butter and a pinch of salt. Mash that shit like the slut she is.
Plate the roast, potatoes and the carrots. Top with gravy. I feed the onions, celery, cooked silver skin trimmings to the dog.
Invite a woman over, feed that shit too her. Impress the hell out of her. You can thank me later for helping you to get laid.
>>
>>647743
>all of those cut marks

I can see why you take it to the butcher now
>>
>>647743
>coors light
>>
>>647783
Why wouldn't you just make your own onion soup?
>>
>>647784
My friend I went with always goes to the butcher. Pull the loins out and have the rest ground up.
>>647783 Was thinking of making a chili to bring to my girlfriend's xmas party but a pot roast is a great idea. thanks m8
>>
>>647783
You sound like that cringey comic book cooking fag. Also, you should brown the meat first you putz
>>
>>647789
>IPA connoisseur detected

How did you get such a unique and refined palate at such a young age?
>>
>>647743
Venison goulash
Venison roast w/ vegetables and mushrooms
Venison fried steak
>>
>>647795
It's called searing the meat you cunt. It will not make this meat juicier as its being cooked in water or broth. And while it can add another layer of flavoring it is not necessary for this dish. Many feel the seared flavor is bitter and subtracts from the savory taste of the meat,
So get off my dick.
>>
>>647805
>it's called searing the meat you cunt

Oh, blow it out your ass. You and I both know it tastes much better if you do sear/brown it
>>
>Venison

Just feed it to your dog. It's not worth eating
>>
>>647797
>getting triggered this much because you drink piss
>>
>>647743
You'd do better with a filleting/boning knife and not whatever that fuckhuge thing you're holding is.
>>
>>647805
>not knowing searing is more often called browning
do you even own a cooking book?
>>
Ok fags listen up. Master race fresh sausage recipe incoming.
This is the best damn hot Italian sausage recipe you'll ever find. Your butcher can't compare.

I've been tweaking this for few years and I've really nailed it. This a goddamn award winning culinary delight.

So pay attention. Your taste buds with thank you for such perfection.

This recipe makes 10lb but I usually do double or triple it it's so fucking amazing and it's a bit of work so you may as well make a lot.

You could use beef or pork, but that's for losers - fuck that noise. If you use my recipe with beef or pork meat, I'll kill you, you cunt.
Pork fat and casings are the only acceptable non-wild animal products in this recipe.

Equipment required:
2 working brain cells to follow these dead simple instructions
A meat grinder with a coarse plate
A sausage stuffer or a stuffing horn attachment and stuffing mode on your grinder
Scale to weigh your meat

Ingredients:

8.5lb venison (moose, elk, deer, whatever) cut into 1-2" cubes (you can do 8 and 2, but I like it a bit leaner)
1.5lb pork fat cut into 1.5" cubes (not pork trim, pure fat you pantywaist)
3 tbsp garlic, minced (fresh only, not pre-minced from a jar you lazy pricks)
4 tbsp coarse pickling or kosher salt
7 tbsp fennel seeds, crushed with a rolling pin
1-2 tbsp cayenne (this is where you control the overall heat level - I like it at about 1.5)
2-4 tbsp red pepper flakes (again, adjust to heat tolerance but remember - this is HOT Italian you sissy little fucks)
6 tbsp coarse ground black pepper (fresh ground from a pepper mill or don't even bother coming out)
150ml ice-cold water (that's just over 1/2 cup for you amerifags)
Sausage casings (collagen, hog, or sheep, you can get this along with the pork fat from your local butcher. I prefer hog.)

Cont...
>>
>>648498

Method:

1) Soak your casings in warm water
2) Chill meat and fat in the freezer to the point where it's just starting to harden
3) Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Stir that shit right up. Use your wrists, you should have plenty of practice from all the jerking off you do on 4chan every day.
1) In a large bowl or tray, mix the meat, fat, dry spices, and water together. Mix that shit real good. It will be fucking cold, but work through the pain. When your hands are numb and you can't take it any longer, mix it some more.
4) Put the seasoned meat mix back in the freezer until it's just partially-frozen around the edges of the tray…you want this super fucking cold. The colder the better.
5) Grind it all through a coarse plate on your meat grinder.
6) Gently mix the ground by hand until you have an even fat distribution but don't over mix; you want it to still be coarse ground, not pasty.
7) If it's warmed up too much, put it back in the freezer. The colder it is the less the mixture will stick to your grinding and sausage stuffing gear. It should be so cold your dick shrivels just thinking about it.
8) Put your casings on the sausage horn and begin stuffing the sausage
9) Yeah…stuff that sausage faggot, stuff it good
10) Twist your sausages into links of desired length, but do not cut them yet.
11) Place entire strings into a clean tray and leave in your fridge for 12-24 hours for the flavors to mingle. If you're an impatient little newfag, fry up and eat some of that goddamn ambrosia right now.
12) Cut links apart with clean scissors. They're now ready to cook and eat or put in the freezer for later.
13) If you have a vacuum sealer use it. Otherwise wrap with plastic and butcher paper. If you're a real ghetto fag, use whatever the hell you want, just don't complain to me about freezer burn. If you use a vacuum sealer it should stay good for up to 2 years

Yeah, yeah, don't bother thanking me just go make it sc/out/
>>
File: Elk Sausage.jpg (97 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Elk Sausage.jpg
97 KB, 768x1024
>>648500
Pic related
>>
>>648503
Hnnnnngggg

That looks so good. Well done.
>>
File: Moose Sausage.jpg (248 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
Moose Sausage.jpg
248 KB, 852x640
>>648504
Yeah it'll make you fucking cum in your pants just like that anon. Here's another batch.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.