[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Skills Thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: EmploySkills.jpg (28 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
EmploySkills.jpg
28 KB, 400x265
Post /out/ related skills you know, should know or want to know. Everyone pitch in!
>>
>>646740
How to shit in the environment, without shitting up the environment.
>>
>>646740
Plant identification, plant utilization, fuel efficient cookery, trapping, first aid, hide out housing.
>>
I study mushrooms....other plants...always nice to find a cheeky nibble....Whatcha know about that?
>>
>>646773
Hey Alfie
>>
File: FILE01196_.jpg (170 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FILE01196_.jpg
170 KB, 800x600
Know:
>Avalanche - terrain evaluation, rescue
>General winter survival
>Mechanic'n, wrench'n (sleds/bikes, trucks)
>Communications

Want to know:
>Improve first-aid skills
>Improve situation management, group dynamics
>Improve public-speaking/classroom lectures... on the snow i'm fine, but standing up in front of a class still makes me nervous
think most of that comes with practice and confidence though.

Should know:
>how to ride a snowmobile/motorcycle and not crash/wreck/stick it
>>
I can take a dump in the woods if that counts
>>
Feild surgery, aircraft repair, psychic healing, C++ programming, origami, Nintendo cheats, reproductive habits of the Humpback Chub just to name a few.
>>
General carpentry, farming, animal care , fishing
>>
>>646740
Why don't we talk about safe methods of auto erotic asphyxiation
>>
>>646752
/thread
>>
> how to not get caught masturbating to your neighbors while watching them through a window from outside their house
> how to not get caught masturbating to other campers while watching them through the window in their tent.
> how to not get caught masturbating while watching someone poop in your geocache.
> how not to worry about the skin walkers masturbating to you
> origami
>>
>>646740

>Shelter building with just a knife
>Edible plant identification
>Fire starting using the twist-the-stick method, with soaking wet wood (i prefer lighters)
>Tracking/trapping/hunting/skinning
>Fishing using neurotoxic plants, and the leaves make a good asswipe too
>>
I really want to be able to track animals, not to hunt but simply to observe elusive animals I'm interested in.

I never get how you can notice a lot of paw prints on the ground unless it's in wet mud because they just blend right into the hard ground
>>
>>646740
http://www.pssurvival.com/
>>
>>646778

Don't know who you're talking about...you greasy slut.
>>
>>646740
>skills you know
How to read a book with all the info I need

>should know
How not be a pussy

>want to know
How to thrive in case of the happening.
>>
>>647007
On the very slim chance you're not a role-playing faggot, give /out/ a shoutout will you?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.