[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you camp places you're strictly not suppose to camp?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: forest service.jpg (49 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
forest service.jpg
49 KB, 819x460
Do you camp places you're strictly not suppose to camp?
>>
File: geeps.png (10 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
geeps.png
10 KB, 261x195
no
>>
>>646526
No but I've camped and not paid several times. They don't want to collect the money, I don't pay.
>>
Yes and yes.
>>
File: dnr.jpg (47 KB, 678x428) Image search: [Google]
dnr.jpg
47 KB, 678x428
Have you ever fished or hunted without a license?
>>
>>646540
> buying a fishing licence

Kek
>>
>>646540
>>646542
I got caught fishing without a licence and it was fucking embarrassing as fuck.
Cost me 110 bucks fine as well.
>>
>>646548
That's weird, because I caught a wild fishing pole with my pet fish and had no trouble explaining it.
>>
>>646548
Only $110? For the amount of times I'm actually been checked for a licence, that's almost worth it. Where I am up in Canada the fine is over $300
>>
>>646641
You have better fish...
>>
>>646548
Yeah thats a pain in the ass

>out hiking in SC with my brother and he brought a long his fly rod
>i am from out of state and didn't want to buy a license
>i am sitting in a chair on the bank just watching him fish and enjoying life
>I start looking through his tackle bag, just kind of checking shit out
>fucking game warden or whatever out of nowhere come up and wants to see our licenses
>I tell him im not fishing, im just along for the ride
>he says hes been watching for 10 mins and saw me looking at the flies and stuff
>i tell him i have not touched the rod
>he says he doesn't believe me, and he thinks that we are taking turns
>i get fined, i think it was around 150
>my bro didn't catch anything, so i didn't even get a free meal out of it
>>
>>646697
Who the fuck takes turns? Your either fishing and brought your gear or your not.
>>
>>646705
pretty much this.

I would of taken that asshole to court. assuming his cool story was even true. Never met a game warden outside the city in my fucking life tho. I'm convinced they are a myth at this point.
>>
File: 1441157422861.jpg (68 KB, 592x594) Image search: [Google]
1441157422861.jpg
68 KB, 592x594
>>646697
Find out where his child goes to school, abduct and murder them. Send video back to Rangers wife with note attached saying the husband is why this happened.
>>
>>646705
>>646715
Well he saw my TX driver license and i guess he assumed that i was trying to get out of paying for an out of state fishing license or something since i was only gonna be there for a few days.

Also, i was in college at the time and i didn't have time or money to mount an un-winnable legal assault.

And to clarify, we weren't backpacking, it was just a day hike so we parked in a little turn-off and hiked along stream a little bit. The river happened to run pretty close to the road so he could see pretty much everything
>>
When I was backpacking in the Grand Canyon and slept a couple miles off trail, I specifically camped in the one area with a no camping sign. It was a nice rock out-cropping that wouldve sheltered me had it rained; I chucked the sign a couple yards away.
>>
>>646526
Tesco
>>
>>646526
yeah i also make fire everywhere even if forbidden.
rules are for the noobs.
>>
>>646787
Lidl, Barking, car park
>>
>>646526
Honestly? No.

Because I've never needed to. The majority of my life I've been near enough National Forest land that I always had free dispersed camping available.
>>
>>646736
I thought that the 'no camping' signs were put there because that's where you are supposed to shit and no one wants to camp in shit
>>
>>646526

I live in the UK so I don't really have much of a choice.
>>
>>646526
yeah, people on CSGO bitch at me all the time about that.
>>
I camp where I want and I go where I want. They can try and stop me.
>>
>>647102
You're so cool.
>>
>>647120
B-but I'm cooler, I don't even do what my mom tells me like he does!
>>
>>646641
I've been checked a few times. Usually it's on long weekends at popular lakes, but also I've been checked on Canada Day waaaaaaaaaay the fuck balls deep in the bush at a no-name lake 250km from the nearest town down logging roads. It was pretty creepy actually. The CO made me pour out my beer I had open in my canoe QQ.

Anyway, I buy my license since the fees go towards conservation efforts and sustainable resource management, not to avoid fines like a child.

Are you guys really sc/out/s?
>>
>>646731
This guy was just trying to be a dick. Every time I've been checked, it's "pole in water", meaning they don't say shit unless you've got a pole in use.

I fish all the time without a license. Mainly cause they keep upping all the fees out here to pay for stupid management policies that out of state libtards keep trying to implement at the state level and completely ignoring local needs. God I wish we could build a wall with California....
>>
I live next to one of the biggest overland airfields in the world
Literally the latgest chunk of nothing in continental US
Hundreds of thousands of miles of service trails
Plebian-tier security
Fuck all around in there
See shit Im not supposed to
Worried ill not come home one day
>>
File: fear.jpg (19 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
19 KB, 191x200
>>646961
he needs a license to watch fishing on tv
>>
>>646540
I'm an invalid, so yeah, I always fish without a license.
>>
>>646697
Some wardens are dicks, and there's jack fucking shit you can do about it, since game wardens have so little oversight.
>>
>>646526
no, i've never camped on someones lawn or in an industrial area. every mans right nigga, can go wherever, even private properties
>>
There are no such places in my country. Except for like military bases and the like I guess.
>>
>>647388
it is why you should carry shovels with you
if you meet a dickhead in the woods you bury him
>>
>>646697
Should have taken it to court. Any judge worth a shit would have thrown it our for lack of evidence.
>>
>>646526
Plenty of times. One reason why I love hammock camping.

Can set up shop in so many places.
>>
Fort McCoy Training Center
> massive amounts of forest land
> still find leftover unexploded shells
> find MG nest and bunkers all over the place and occasional abandon building
> if caught by MP's they kindly tell you to GTFO
> never any tickets
>>
>>647170
>The CO made me pour out my beer I had open in my canoe QQ.
Drunk power boating is a big problem and I would never defend it, but it pisses me off that the same laws apply to fucking canoes or even inner tubes in Canada. You can theoretically lose your drivers licence for drinking on your dock.
>>
>>646548
>Cost me 110 bucks fine as well.
You're lucky it was just that.
>risking a felony poaching charge over $30 a year
>>
File: 1440920133115.png (55 KB, 848x724) Image search: [Google]
1440920133115.png
55 KB, 848x724
>>647657
This desu senpai
>>
>>646526
I live near Kennedy Space Center. Being Florida everywhere else is pretty shit for camping but those NASA backwoods look pretty good.

Anybody got more info on this?
>>
>>649198

makes me think of all the /out/ military bases that have been closed over time.

probably would make for some fun times.
>>
>>648367
this.

it's basically his word against yours
>>
>>649480
>the word of a sworn officer of the law
>a random joe blow
Yeah, I wonder who the judge's going to listen to.
>>
>>647317
What
>>
>>646526
Probably. Sometimes it's hard to tell who owns what. I prefer forestry land, just so I don't have to talk to anyone checking to see what the fuck I'm doing, though.
>>
>>649573
This
>>
stealth camping is best camping
>>
>tfw I camp wherever the heck I want, and bring my axe, knife and saw and put them all to use to fell some trees and build proper shelters

Americans and leave no trace fags fuck off from the board
>>
>>647170
If I was that deep innawoods and riding a canoe, he wouldn't have made me pour out my beer. Assuming he wasn't in a boat too.
>>
>>647317
Eglin?
>>
>>649198
You really shouldnt do things like this. Some of those fields are EOD practice areas or even target ranges for gunships and the like. Just one heat signature is hard to make out anon-kun. It wasnt even too long ago an entire private plane with a family of four was blown out of the sky by accident.
>>
File: received_1135969243094781.jpg (19 KB, 452x326) Image search: [Google]
received_1135969243094781.jpg
19 KB, 452x326
>>652939
>tfw i camp in Australia and no park ranger is willing to risk envenomation just to tell me where im allowed to camp
>>
>>652939
>I camp wherever the heck I want
heck yeah, what a rebel
>>
In Germany camping is actually illegal everywhere so yeah. But I've never even met a ranger, and if I did they probably wouldn't care. If he'd tell me to fuck off I'd just move 1km and set up there after dark.
>>
Scotfag here. I've never felt the need to camp in someone's garden, so no I've never camped where I'm not allowed to.
>>
>>646526
ur moms backdoor
>>
>>654678
>heck
>>
>>652939

you are doing gods work

fuck
>>
Hi, I've never truly been camping before, and it's kind of confusing what all this land right shit is about.
So basically, as an American, I can camp anywhere I want to that isn't someone's backyard or a military base? Can I just go to the nearest forest and camp there, regardless of who owns it?
>>
>>655712
If someone owns the forest you're technically trespassing. Of course you can fuck with the owner by pretending to be a schizophrenic hobo like on /x/ earlier this year
>>
>>655749
may not actually be the case. a lot of U.S. state laws on trespassing are vague as fuck. for instance, if the land is not clearly owned, as in an improvement is on the property or it's fenced in, or there are no trespassing signs, then it's ok to be there. check your local laws, and don't be brazen about it, most of the time you'll be fine as long as you follow the law, which again, can be vague as fuck
>>
Yeah. There's a lake near a town that I like to hike up to. Says no camping nearby but it doesn't give an actual boundary or radius. I just go back in the hillside a bit, set up my camo tarp, and stealth camp.

Scared the fuck out of some dudebro fishers one night who came up to drink, party, and fish at like 3 AM. That was fun.
>>
>>647359
Kek'd aloud
>>
>>654984
kek
>>
>>655756
they are vague to get rid of people they don't want around/ if you buy licenses/buy food/spend a nights or two at a hotel/visit a local paid attraction, you are considered paying visitor and not hobo/vagrant/axe murderer(if you have actual axe/large knife.........)

Laws are made vague to allow them to look at you and judge/jury your ass. Keep clean, look like you belong, give destinations, support local community(visit bar) you good to go.
>>
>>653829
Lol that never happened.
>>
>>649573
On the other hand, the warden specifically says he didn't see him fish. Just saw him looking at tackle. he brings his brother to testify as well.

You can't write a ticket for a law you think they might be breaking. Its illegal.
>>
>>655712
>So basically, as an American, I can camp anywhere I want to that isn't someone's backyard or a military base? Can I just go to the nearest forest and camp there, regardless of who owns it?
Not really. However, as an American, you can camp pretty much anywhere on U.S. Department of Agriculture - Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management land. Also many states allow dispersed camping on state land. It varies from state to state and may or may not require a permit.

Also some areas require fire permits, and some areas don't allow burning at all. Check before you go.
>>
I frequently camp on gated military land. Managed to illegitimately obtain a gate key a few years back. It's out in the boonies where they do blasting and ordinance training. It's a perfect area; there are no other campers or people for miles. Occasionally you get to hear the echo of explosives cascading through the valley, and that's pretty cool.

I was there a couple weeks ago while they were doing nightvision machine gun shoots. Pretty worried they would see my fire, but it was fine.
>>
>>646961

In Scotland you can literally walk whereever you want. The trespassing laws are threadbare. Though you can't just camp without the private owners permission, you just walk a few miles more into the forrest and you're okay.
>>
>>656201
Addendum: A sworn officer of the law vs *two* joe blows.
All he has to say is "I saw him pull a fish out of the water" and the fine sticks.
The only time you'll ever get the fine overturned is if you have your entire trip, from a couple minutes before you even get to the water, to the moment the warden issues the citation, and you have to be on camera the whole time.
>>
>>646548
I always have a fishing license but have never been checked or asked to show it.
>>
>>646526
Have any of you ever been through a wildlife check point?

http://ksn.com/2014/12/01/game-wardens-khp-troopers-to-conduct-checkpoint/
>>
>>656338
I have been checked twice in 20 uears of fishing. Once was when my father in law caught a citation sheepshead. We actually called the dept of game and fish to have the fish offically weighed (missed the NC state record by 8 oz.) The warden asked for our intercostal license before he would even look at the fish.
I had a buddy who was fishing in stocked trout waters in VA. He got a $250 fine even though he HAD a fishing license. He didnt get the trout stamp however.
>>
>>646540
I've fished without one, but I only do it by scrounging litter into fishing gear. I get a fish or two, the area gets cleaned, everybody wins.
>>
>>646540
I've fished without one, but I only do it by scrounging litter into fishing gear. I get a fish or two, the area gets cleaned, everybody wins.
>>
>>656390
okay, how in the name of satans asshole did you get a double post
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.