[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stainless waterbottle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
What is the best stainless water bottle? I have done some research and found this bottle by dave, it seems to be the best on the market. It can hold 1 liter, and has a 750ml cup with folding handles that comes with a lid. Can you make any suggestions sc/out/s or anything better for the price.
>>
>>646398

Well if you did the research, research says it's the best, means you answer your own question there.
>>
>>646401
I said i did research and it seems that it is the best not it is the best. I dont own it or have used it so I dont know what it's actually like, only what online reviews say. Reviews, especially on YouTube can be very biased and tend to be in favor of the product, so i want peoples real unbiased opinion.
>>
>>646405

You did research...you answer your own question.

/thread
>>
I was watching one of the older Fat Guys in the Woods episodes and Creek did that. He put the cup under the wide mouth bottle. I go the cup, a titanium in the bargain bin at REI, but you can not find a wide mouth bottle. Dave's is more like a 3/4 wide mouth.
>>
>>646408
>I got the cup
>>
>>646398
>klean kanteen

just buy it fer chrissakes
>>
>>646413
these are also pretty good but if you don't have a cup and stove its a better deal just to get a set from the pathfinder school.
>>
>>646421
The pathfinder bottle is a good piece of survival equipment, but for camping that built-in cup is unnecessary weight. Personally, I just use a klean kanteen and a titanium cup instead.
>>
File: Platypus-300x300.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Platypus-300x300.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>646426
If you want to save weight why do you bring a heavy metal bottle?
>>
>>646838
It has more uses than one. In a pinch I can boil water in it, I occasionally use it as a hot water bottle in my sleeping bag during the winter, and it is easy to fill in small streams.
>>
>>646398
bubbas are cool
>>
File: 1449944678380.jpg (16 KB, 251x449) Image search: [Google]
1449944678380.jpg
16 KB, 251x449
I cant stand drinking out of a metal vessel
>>
>>646398
Can someone delete this thread for shilling useless shite?
>>
>>646426
>that built-in cup is unnecessary weight
wut, a cup is always handy to have and the weight you save by not taking it is irrelevant
>>
>>647013
he was talking about light and ultralight backpacking. but yeah if your not doing that get a ss cup it will last you your whole life. titanium is nice but you can break/crush it accidentally
>>
I have the one sold by Dave and it's alright but a better buy would be the nalgene stainless steel bottle. It holds a little less but the steel is more durable and it's held up much better than the pathfinder one. The pathfinder cup is the best on the market in my opinion and you should definitely get that unless you want to get a titanium one.
>>
File: 1449283686693.jpg (73 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
1449283686693.jpg
73 KB, 500x468
>>646989
For what purpose? I get that they are weightors, but just fucking why?
>>
Just get any stainless waterbottle. I just got a shitty Outdoor Expedition one and it's served me well for years. It also has a little cara beaner on top so that I can hook it onto my pack and forget about it
>>
>>646398
$40 US for a plain steel bottle and cup? no way.

I can get a steel bottle and cup for $1 at the local dollar store.

especially if you intend to put it in the fire as many here propose, it's going to get beat up and worn out anyways. I'd rather have 20 sets with identical function than one set in any case.
>>
>>647295
>wheightors

I thought they were called gram weenies
>>
>>647311
some SS have plastic perm affixed to the bottom or as threading at the mouth which is highly undesirable.
>>
>>647322
>I can get a steel bottle and cup for $1 at the local dollar store.

lol no you can't. You can get cheap bottles for like $7 that are so poorly made that they actually leak through bottle body itself. They also rust and the caps cease to function properly after a few uses.

>especially if you intend to put it in the fire as many here propose, it's going to get beat up and worn out anyways
and no if you buy a quality constructed bottle its not going to get worn out from cooking.
>>
>>647311
>cara beaner
The Mexican girl?
>>
>>646398
I got the canteen. It pretty much replaces my aluminum water bottle and small cooking pot now. On the round bottle I heard the cup handles are too stubby. With mine I like the wide mouth, large capacity, and that its stainless and it's pretty durable as well. I strongly recommend getting the lid. Weight is rather high. And of course it's pricey.

I hear more problems with the bottle in design than the canteen.
>>
As someone who had initially purchased the 40oz widemouth Kleen Kanteen and later wanted a cup that could nest with it, I found that the GSI Outdoor 24oz glacier cup fit perfectly. From what I can tell, the handles on the GSI cup are longer than those on the pathfinder one. The only thing is finding a lid for the cup, which I managed to do by repurposing an old stainless steel saucer I had lying around.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.