[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snowboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What brands should I stick to? Board and equipment.
>>
Burton for everything to do with the board, the rest doesnt matter
>>
>>646298
i fucking love my gnu carbon credit. i think as far as all mountian boards go its the most bang for your buck but anything from Mervin whatever they are calling their traction system this years is pretty much guaranteed to be awesome and its all made in north america with great wood.

my best friend works at a board shop and boards all day/gets to try all the new gear and he was raving about the k2 MAYSIS. ill prob get the same myself.

bindings are all preference. i like toe caps. burton is a safe bet. 2016 Transworld rated the Union Atlas their favorite binding and they are normally right.
>>
Just bought a demo board. Burton Custom Flying V for like $300. Seems to be pretty good for everything, and a hefty improvement over a 2001 Burton Clash. Get an old 2014 board to save the big bucks.

I don't really like Burton's boots because of how they fit, but the lacing system is clever. My old rossignol boots were better.
>>
CASI Instructor here

Burton is like "Apple" of snowboards, not a fan of them. They make Burton not interchangeable with other stuff so if you want to upgrade/ change brands you have to start over. Not recommended.

Neversummer is a very innovative brand that makes some of the highest quality boards on the market. I wouldn't suggest getting one right away as you should feel what a meh board feels like first so you don't take that "Rocker Camber" design for granted.

Also- There are 2 main designs. Rocker- which is for park, tricks and bushtrails. And Camber- which is designed for high speed stability when going really fast.

I recommend Rocker as a first board unless you know your just going to be shredding and racing all the time.

Cheers!
>>
32 Boots
Flux Bindings
Never summer board
>>
File: nitro_logo-1024x640.png (15 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
nitro_logo-1024x640.png
15 KB, 1024x640
I own a Nitro Pantera 163 with Blackhawk bidings bought during 2013 summer, with 2012 Nitro Team TLS Shoes. This should show you that I'm a Nitro fan and my opinion is biased.

I'd say that I'm a bit disappointed by the biding quality, but the board is great and the feeling and control are amazing. The boots are very comfy but the TLS system is not as good as Rossignols or Flow boots. I'm not a great fan of Burton boots and bidings, but I haven't tested them long enough to be sure.
I own a pair of 32 boots for 9 years and they were still looking new at the end, but they weren't comfortable at all, but not in the same price range as my actual boots.
>>
This is about the sport and not the nature of the sport. Please take this to /asp/.
>>
>>646896
because there are so many other good threads on this slow ass board
>>
>>646896

meh this is gear related to an outdoorsy activity.

its essentially the same as someone asking what brand of kayak or bow to get.
>>
File: 1431519692305.jpg (14 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1431519692305.jpg
14 KB, 195x195
>>646726
>Rocker- which is for park, tricks and bushtrails. And Camber- which is designed for high speed stability when going really fast.
>>
File: 1445306214278.jpg (47 KB, 634x434) Image search: [Google]
1445306214278.jpg
47 KB, 634x434
>>646922
I 2nd this. Even if it's not /out/ persay, it is an activity many members of the community partake in and value. So it's worth having. Plus /asp/ are a hoard of wrestling loving manchildren imho.

>K2 world wide weapon
>RIDE rodeo bindings
>burton moto boots
>ruroc helmet

Don't buy a ruroc. Yes they help protect you but unless you live in Siberia, they are a million degrees and the goggles (advertised to not fog) always fog up. I complained and they said it was my fault.
>>
>>646959
holy shit i just checked out /asp/ and that skate thread was cringe enduing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.