[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a group of these mushrooms the other day. Does anybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: mushroom4.jpg (1 MB, 2448x1376) Image search: [Google]
mushroom4.jpg
1 MB, 2448x1376
I found a group of these mushrooms the other day. Does anybody have an idea of what it may be?
>>
File: 1449967339978.jpg (41 KB, 399x349) Image search: [Google]
1449967339978.jpg
41 KB, 399x349
>>645317
Was it wrapped in foil?
>>
Looks like a small fat dick.
>>
>>645326

You must be a pessimist
to me it looks like a big fat dick but I am a half full kind of person.
>>
>>645328
I'm just saying this based on the size of the grass leaves next to it. It's objectivelly supposed to be small, nothing else
>>
>>645317
it is a bolete. Specifically may be Boletus luridus
>>
When you are trying to identify mushrooms like this, always look under the cap to see if it has pores or gills.
>>
>>645317
chode
>>
>>645317
As a rule of thumb if it is a chode it's a bolete but can't help past that
>>
File: 20151212_135753[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151212_135753[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>645317
For future reference: if you're trying to get people to ID your mushrooms, make sure you get a picture of the hymenophore (spore bearing surface), the cap, the stem, and (if possible) a spore print. One picture is rarely enough to ID anything beyond the most common species.

As others have said, it's almost certainly a bolete or similar.
>>
>>645317
Probably a Bolete of some species.
You should check if it has either has gills or "pores" on the underside of the cap
If pores, then it is definitely a bolete species.

The red stem may be a sign that this perticular species of bolete is poisonous however.
>>
>>645317
>>645335
Unless that is some weird Australian mushroomor something, I'd bet money on it being B. Luridus.
Contrary to what you may read, it is not poisonous, not even in combination with alcohol.
>>
>>646208
>>646192

Bolete, and I agree that is B. Luridus. Most pored boletes are non-poisonous, besides brightly colored ones such as Satan's Bolete.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.