[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright before I start I admit this is a strange question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1447102340777.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1447102340777.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Alright before I start I admit this is a strange question.

I am a city yuppie living in the suburbs of Toronto who only knows other yuppies. I love to cook, I own and shoot guns(at a private club) and I am always trying to teach myself something new.
>I have never hunted or shot at anything living and am looking to start with small game.
>Right now I'm trying to teach myself how to clean wild game.
>The problem is when I watched this video and it churned my stomach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZB7iE2b21M
>How can I desensitize myself?

If I posted that video on my fb my friends would think I'm a psychopath.
>>
>>645208
You might like watching Gin no Saji.
Animu about a city boy going to an ag.school and having to come to terms with killing animals and other gross facts of life.

Sure you could desensitize yourself by watching a bunch of gore and snuff films, but I don't think that's healthy.
You just have to accept the fact that we're all made out of meat and the circle of life and all that kinda stuff.
>>
>>645208
If you've ever bonked and gutted a fish, dressing animals really isn't that much different. Do it properly and it's not that messy either.

As far as desensitizing, I don't really think that's all that necessary. Just go do it and I think you'll do OK.
>>
>>645208
Just remember when you do harvest an animal, you owe it to the animal to dress it cleanly and treat its carcass with respect. This feeling of responsibility should overcome any squeamishness you have.
>>
I dont know what to tell you OP. i never had any problems as you describe.

were you introduced to where meat comes from as a child? like killing chickens and plucking them? stuff like that? or did meat always come in packaging for you? might be hard adjusting to it if it is completely new to you.

i guess you just get used to it.
killing up close without a tool is always the worst for me, even if you have the best intentions, a cat mauled pigeons eyes are so full of fear when you put it down with no tools. its the worst
>>
>>645208
Op is a woman, most shameful
>>
>>645208
you get used to it m8
just get your hands dirty and get it over with

its like when you first browsed /b/ and got disgusted by gore but then it just gets old and isnt too bad
>>
Honestly, watching a video of field dressing an animal makes my stomach churn too.

But a few days ago I cleaned and skinned 8 squirrels without a problem.

For whatever reason I hate watching it on video.

True story, I'm a paramedic. I start IVs, jab people with big ass needles, no issue at all. Been doing it for 12 years. I've seen stuff so nasty they wouldn't even put it in a movie because it would be too gruesome.

If watch a needle go into skin in a video, it makes my skin crawl. No idea why.
>>
>>645208
Go vegan, with the exception of self killed game and fish. Invite your friends for dinner.
>>
>>645208
I love animals and it makes me sad seeing the dead squirrel, but as soon as the skin comes off it just turns into meat.
>>
>>645345
>I've seen stuff so nasty they wouldn't even put it in a movie because it would be too gruesome.

Such as?
>>
>>645208
First time ever visiting /out/, that was in interesting video thanks OP, I have no problem watching stuff like that but honestly it would take a couple beers before I'd be able to jump right in at first I think
>>
>>645208
Are you me?

And Silverdale?

Other than the part about having difficulties with disassembling wild game, I can take apart a fish or bird with no problems. Although I've never tried mammals though.
>>
>>645477
The nastiest stuff isn't gruesome, it's just gross.

Worst i ever saw was "the cat lady" as neighbors called her. Had an old lady who was a big time alcoholic. She lived a house and never left it, or took anything out of it. She didn't have running water even. Garbage was knee deep in the house. Every day a neighbor would drop off a few big handles of vodka and she would drink them, he'd also leave some food. She basically just laid in this one bedroom in 3 feet of garbage and drank. She wore nothing but a long tshirt and underwear. She hadn't changed them in years according to her neighbor. She also never left her little room to use the bathroom. She would just shit and piss herself in her sleep. Roll around in it all night drunk, then just start drinking again the next day. Just a 10x10 bedroom full of garage and human feces that she laid in all day. She had masses of caked feces that were growing green mold all around her crotch. She was smeared with feces and mold all throught her hair. She had chemical burns all over her legs and arms from laying in feces, so she was oozing pus all around her arms and legs.

And I didn't even get into the fact she lived with dozens of cats. Hence her name "the cat lady".

We had to carry her out of there. It was by far the worst thing I've seen.
>>
>>645576
Jesus christ
>>
>>645576
Reminds me of the paramedic threads on /k/, how terrifying.
>>
>>645576
I'm not sure to believe you but that still sounds terrible
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.