[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trekking for first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: zzz.jpg (13 KB, 375x440) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
13 KB, 375x440
I made a thread because aint found where to ask sincerely. Its the first time I go trekking, we going to go to a 2.500meters mountain, they said that the lowest temperature will be 0ºc and like high humidity.

My question is, will those tights http://www.thenorthface.co.uk/tnf-uk-en/mallas-termicas-para-hombre-warm/p104240.html?___store=tnf-uk-en&___from_store=tnf-es-es
keep me warm? I want to go with shorts, bcs I feel more comfortable.

Thanks.
>>
When I hike in the winter I usually just use thermals and shorts because I don't mind my legs being cold. As long as you've got warm, dry footwear and keep your core warm you will be fine during your trek. At 0C I honestly think you could walk around bare-assed with boots, hat and jacket. When you aren't active, you might want something with more insulation though.

So if it was me, I'd say those are fine for a day trip, but anything overnight and I'd want at least some polarfleece pants and shell as well.
>>
>>644757
Thank you. I guess boots is a must, right?
>>
Check out the long john silver thread anon.
Lots of good info in there.
>>
>>644817
It depends on the conditions. If you think there will be snow then I'd recommend it, although you might be able to get away with using trail runners. If you don't know exactly what you're in for I'd err on the side of caution because having cold feet sucks at best and can get you injured at worst.
>>
>>644742
Maybe this comes late but hope it helps

The lowest temps are in the night (between 3-5 am), when you'll be sleeping in your tent (or whatever).

You need to plan for a "cold" night, not during the actual hike, when you'll be moving thus keeping warm. At most during the day you'll need a windbraker and gloves, an some sort of head protection.

Check the weather prediction and at what altitude the 0° C isoterm is predicted to be. If it's higher than your 2.5k mountain, you will ne experiencing 0°C+ degrees inside your tent.
>>
>>644846
You're an idiot. STOP CALLING THEM THAT!!

YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE UP WORDS!
>>
>>644908
Lady you need to stop yelling.
>>
>>644817
>>644742
What's the elevation change you are going to experience?

If you are gonna pull a significant elevation change, then boots are pretty much required, and poles really help with going down hill. Make sure they are sized correctly and break them in.

The tights are handy for keeping warm when you are in camp or when you are asleep, I'd recommend them. When you are climbing you won't really need them.
>>
>>644846
Long john silvers thread?
Do you have a link?
>>
Did someone say Long John Silvers thread?

AHOY MATEYS!!1!!!!
>>
File: Long john silvers away!!!.jpg (23 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
Long john silvers away!!!.jpg
23 KB, 240x320
>>646444
>>646444
>>646444
>>646444
Long John Silvers.....AWAY!!!!!
>>
>>644742
You're not going to need those in 0c temperatures unless the wind chill factor is crazy low.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.