[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can any Cascadian sc/out/s recommend me some good 2-3 day backpacking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Cascadia.png (59 KB, 710x435) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Cascadia.png
59 KB, 710x435
Can any Cascadian sc/out/s recommend me some good 2-3 day backpacking trips in the PNW?
>>
File: 1362326559666.png (36 KB, 548x619) Image search: [Google]
1362326559666.png
36 KB, 548x619
Is Cascadia an actual thing?
>>
>>644297
Nobody takes it seriously IRL.
>>
>>644297
>>644299
Just the PNW temperate forested bioregion, nobody is serous about secession or anything, but its just about love for our corner of the world.
>>
>>644297
More of a little joke.
Also a convenient term to refer to the WA OR BC region.
>>
>>644296
I live in OR so i would recommend the Eagle creek trailhead. Also the PCT is good cause it stretches through the entire state.
>>
>>644297
ID here - fuck you too buddy.
>>
It's about 45 miles to circumnavigate Mt Hood. Can be done in 2 or 3 days. Called the skyline trail
>>
>>644296
Cape Scott (N tip of Van Island) was fun. It's easier and more enjoyable to do in 4 days but you can do it in 3.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Not sure how fast of a hiker you are, but Longmire -> Sunrise on the Wonderland Trail is pretty beautiful no matter if you clockwise or counterclockwise. Won't be available until Summer though.
>>
>>644297
only to soccer fans in the PNW
>>
Westcoast trail in BC
>>
>>644296
Boulder lake up in the Olympic forest was really enjoyable. Umpqua trail. Sections of Wonderland. Opal Creek. If you dropped a car on the other side, you could do battleaxe mt through to Bagby and have a hot springs to hang out at when you're done. Silver King Lake is pretty cool in the summer. Nobody around up there usually and it was so clear I could see the trout and cast right at them out in the lake. Guess the question is how far do you want to drive and where are you coming from? If you're in Seattle, you probably don't want to drive down to Crater Lake for a 2/3 day hike, and vice-versa....
>>
>>645278
Hell yes Opal Creek. One of my favorites. If not the favorite, I don't get /out/ that much..
>>
>>644296
The Indian Arm Route right in Vancouver is a pretty solid 3 day trip, about 68km, trail is spotty in plenty of places though as it isn't done very often, probably due to difficulty as the 68km takes you over the top of just about every mountain surrounding Indian Arm. The route was made by the same guy who originally constructed the Grouse Grind as well, and it isn't easy.
>>
The Goat Rocks section of the PCT.
>>
>>644481
fucking love Idaho .
NM reporting in, we are more similar than you might think.
>>
>>645500
>Indian Arm
I have a sometimes gf that lives in a cabin on Indian arm.
One of the best places I've been.
Why can't America have fjords ?
>>
>>645615
We do. Most of them are in Alaska, but technically Puget Sound and Hood Canal are fjords.
>>
www.wta.org/
>>
>>645278
Umpqua!
I grew up there, hiked and biked the N. Umpqua frequently.
>>
Seattle fag, I wanna hike with my rifle, where can I do this and maybe do a little shooting too. 1 over nighter, nothing too big.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.