[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
searching oneself outdoors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
is it just idealistic 19th century bullshit or is it attainable? please post stories and/or opinions
>>
>>644083
It's a quiet place to be alone with your thoughts.

Unless you're some kind of sperg that hates being alone in nature it is the prime location to search oneself.

Whether you come to some kind of revelation depends on what you were planning to find out.
>>
File: 1433906143207.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433906143207.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
>>644083
what album is this
>>
>>644095
new order. power corruption and lies
>>
>>644083
Walking my dog helps me clear my thoughts.
Probably not what you meant though.
>>
>>644083
Damn dude, don't shit up the board, go to the spiritual thread
>>
File: 1446164374748.jpg (50 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1446164374748.jpg
50 KB, 640x427
>>644095
what anime is this
>>
> mfw my spirt totem speaks to me
> mfw it is only when I sit on one rock in the Grand Canyon

Am I weird?
>>
I went on a Nols course this past summer, not sure if that sort of thing would be frowned upon here or whatever, but I spent 21 days backpacking and rock climbing in the Wind River Mountain Range in Wyoming. No phones or electronics of any kind, just me and fifteen other people twenty plus miles away from anything else.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you it changed my life. But honestly there's something special about being out in nature like that. It isnt just a bunch of bullshit. I saw more beauty on that trip than ive ever seen in "the real world." Isolation in nature is an incredibly moving intimate experience
>>
>>644450
Hibike Euphonium
>>
'Then a scribe came and said to Him, "Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go." Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."'
>>
>>644724
Impressive paint.
>>
>>644724
That's retarded, men have homes just like a Fox has a den
>>
File: _MG_5066.jpg (295 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
_MG_5066.jpg
295 KB, 1024x768
>>644083
I like to think of my outdoor experiences as somewhat of a search for the "sublime" as the romantic period artists called it.
>sitting at the top of the zugspitze
>middle of July
>wind blowing clouds silently over the other peaks over on the austrian side of the ridge
>the air has this cold freshness to it that I have never experienced before
>just sit there for a while and take it all in
pic related, I took it while I was up there

don't let experiencing nature be confined to the pseudo-masculine /k/ and /pol/ cultures that are often perpetuated here. It can be a beautiful experience if you let it.
>>
>>644083
It's far from the maddening crowd, and also takes you out of yourself, and both combined let you think slower with more clarity and less angst, so yes, outoors does search oneself.
>>
Has anyone here ever experienced Rausch while /out/?
Basically seems like the only reason to live desu.
>>
>>644724
>>644844
What I get from it, is that no matter where you are or go, you're always in the wilderness that is this world. Houses and cities are just the wild molded into something we use to hide ourselves from that. The scribe is already without a home, even if he doesn't follow Jesus. The house you're in is just camp for the night, no matter how elaborate it is. This isn't our home.
>>
>>645019
this man gets it.
The ultimate beauty is when you can appreciate all the minute details of life so that even the most mundane things are experienced as if for the first time.

>a white as pure as snow, able to reflect the palette of the world. Including the tiniest colors that everyone else seems to overlook. Like so, you are truly able to find infinite wonder.

>There is nothing ugly; I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may, — light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.
>>
File: 1433376428054.gif (267 KB, 401x490) Image search: [Google]
1433376428054.gif
267 KB, 401x490
cool pic : >
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.