[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin -america-35048095 >N
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: _87110107_87110105[1].jpg (37 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_87110107_87110105[1].jpg
37 KB, 660x371
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-35048095

>North Face founder dies in kayak accident
>>
Yeah, I read this on Backpacker this morning. The man died outside doing something he loved after living a long successful life. What more can you really ask for?
>>
>>643693
That's like saying Timothy Treadwell died doing what he loved when he was eaten alive by a grizzly bear
>>
>>643694
Difference being, Timothy Treadwell was a fucking retard.
>>
Chris mccandless died doing something he loved
>>
Sad news. I met him once after he gave a talk. Seemed like a nice guy and definitely loved going out.
>>
>>643759
Diffrence being Chris McCandless was a edgy hippie faggot
>>
>>643827
Jason Dahl died doing something he loved
>>
>>643690
Guy bought almost a million hectares and turned them into national parks. I respect that.
>>
>>643690
Pretty ironic that he died while going /out/ and 90% of TNF customers never leave the city.
>>
>>643923
> almost

I almost respect that. Ftfy.
>>
>>643906
damn you got me

kek
>>
>>643693

He could have lived longer, of course.
>>
>>644019
Ain't that the truth bro, that's why I don't even buy NF products, it's like labeling yourself as an urban hipster faggot who's left the city for that day thinking NF is the best you can get.
>>
>>643690
that's the old bad-guy from "12 Monkeys" the series
>>
>>643693
Drowning?
>>
>>644111
No, hypothermia on the way to the hospital
>>
>>644274
Should have got himself one of those nice North Face jackets. That would have kept him warm.
>>
I watched 180 Degrees South a few years back and was really impressed by the guy. Yeah, many of his company's customers essentially wipe their asses with what the gear is meant for, but a hell of a lot of that money went to a pretty awesome cause. And he seemed like a super-cool dude. Hell of a climber when he was younger.
>>
>>643690

>The founder of North Face died in Patagonia

...I smell foul play
>>
My father died doing what he loved...

Being alive
>>
>>644371
Does anyone know Yvon Chouinard's current whereabouts?
>>
>>644371
>underrated post
>>
>>644698
He's on the hospital. Seems he got to get away from water before being rescued. (And leaving old Dougie to die alone)
>>
This is almost as ironic as the inventor of Segway losing control of one and going balls first off a damn cliff.......
>>
>>643759
He loved dieting?
>>
>>644077
>2015
>giving a shit what people think
>>
Great article about Tompkins in The Atlantic about a year ago:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/09/the-entrepreneur-who-wants-to-save-paradise/380116/
>>
>>644077
Jesus christ. Either the product works or it doesn't. That's all I need to know before I use it.
>>
>>644873
That was toppest of keks.

Carl McCunn died doing something he loved.

And he could have been rescued too but dun goofed.
>>
>>644019
who cares?
>>644077
who cares what people buy and how they use it? better to be perceived as an urban hipster faggot than to actually be a hipster faggot. (i'm implying you are)
>>
>>643690
>North Face founder dies in kayak accident
wow, talk about brand commitment!
>>
F
>>
>>648981
Kek
>>
>>648981
took me a second
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.